Movie and TV show forum.

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

HarryCanyon

Movie and TV show forum.

Post by HarryCanyon »

It's about time someone should do a TV and movie forum including comics and video game forum here.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: Movie and TV show forum.

Post by Nekhrun »

I'd like to see a Dune TV show.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:I'd like to see a Dune TV show.
But, I thought this was why you hated that Norman guy from Oklahoma?!?!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Omphalos wrote:But, I thought this was why you hated that Norman guy from Oklahoma?!?!
No, that was merely the subject at hand at the precise moment that Stormin' Norman decided to completely flip out. It wasn't the subject that become such a big, overblown deal, it was the whole flipping out thing.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:I'd like to see a Dune TV show.
But, I thought this was why you hated that Norman guy from Oklahoma?!?!
:lol:
The funny thing is that I don't think I even saw that post that he accused people of ripping him over.

I just saw an ad while typing this for Mongolian Death Worm on SyFy. Looked like a Sandworm.

I'm curious why they continue to make such shit when they know that their shows with a little bit more production value do so much better and generate a larger following.

I'm sure there's a kja correlation there, but everyone can figure that out. I've been thinking about this a lot since reading some of those interviews that Sandrider posted that I've been rereading. He was talking about years of research before writing his books. Tolkien did the same thing and was an expert in his field. Today, as soon as someone has an idea they have to throw it out there just to make a buck and then milk the shit out of it.

I haven't read too much current Fiction aside from Neil Gaiman. Is there anyone out there in any genre putting out the kind of in-depth research into their writing today?
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

HarryCanyon

Post by HarryCanyon »

I mean someone should make a General TV/Movie forum on non-Dune related stuff.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

TV shows ... 14 pages and counting:

http://goo.gl/8KCl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In general, you'll find most of this sort of off-topic stuff under "Ghafla."
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

HarryCanyon wrote:I mean someone should make a General TV/Movie forum on non-Dune related stuff.
You could just post it in the distraction thread Gafla.

Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Well he is new. Maybe Freak or Omph can move this thread to the Ghafla forum.
Last edited by Eyes High on 04 May 2010 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

HarryCanyon wrote:It's about time someone should do a TV and movie forum including comics and video game forum here.
Maybe you didn't notice but at the top of the page it says "Dune Forum" and that is what we have here. Notice all forums but one are Dune related and that is "Ghafla, The Distraction". That is where non-Dune related topics should be posted.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

HarryCanyon wrote:It's about time someone should do a TV and movie forum including comics and video game forum here.
n00bs should never ever begin any post with "It's about time..." and then suggest a change to the forum. La! La! La!

(That's Fremen for "NO! NO! NO!" If you don't believe me, just go ask that dumbass Byron Merrit on the DuneNovels Twitter feed. :lol: )

Who was the last fuckwit tried that shit? morprk with his forum rearrangement suggestions?

Sorry, but we have a TV show thread. :)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

So you didn't go for a kip then, :P , How's your napper?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Napper was quite nice, thank you very much. :D

Of course now it's 12:40 AM and I am wide-eyed and bushy tailed and rarin' to go for several more hours! :?

(Fortunately tomorrow's YET ANOTHER HOLIDAY!!! :lol: Last day of Golden Week 2010. And what a GW it has been! :P )
lotek

Post by lotek »

The national holidays making up the Golden Week are:

* April 29
Showa Day (Showa no hi):
April 29 is the birthday of former Emperor Showa, who died in the year 1989. Until 2006, Greenery Day (see May 4) used to be celebrated on this day.

* May 3
Constitution Day (Kenpo kinenbi):
On this day in 1947, the new post war constitution was put into effect.

* May 4
Greenery Day (Midori no hi):
Until 2006, Greenery Day used to be celebrated on April 29, the birthday of former Emperor Showa. The day is dedicated to the environment and nature, because the emperor loved plants and nature. Before being declared Greenery Day, May 4 used to be a national holiday due to a law, which declares a day, that falls between two national holidays, a national holiday.

* May 5
Children's Day (Kodomo no hi):
The Boy's Festival (Tango no Sekku) is celebrated on this day. Families pray for the health and future success of their sons by hanging up carp streamers and displaying samurai dolls, both symbolizing strength, power and success in life. The Girl's Festival, by the way, is celebrated on March 3.
interesting(the Golden Week indeed!)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

...a law, which declares a day, that falls between two national holidays, a national holiday.
I don't think it would apply to anything over here, but that is a pretty fine law. :)
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

A few years back they put through a law moving several holidays to Monday. So we'd end up with a deficit with respect to the required number of sessions for courses that ended up being taught on Monday, so the uni came up with the bright idea of furikae-jugyou or "make-up classes" to correspond to the "make-up holidays" on Mondays.

Last Friday was supposed to be one of those, but I polled my students and a majority in my classes said they weren't going to show, so I cancelled them and took the day off. :P Since there's a final report instead of an exam, we'll just use the scheduled test week session for the missed class. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"