Cold Weather, NBC, and how to "Zuck" it up.

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

E. LeGuille

Cold Weather, NBC, and how to "Zuck" it up.

Post by E. LeGuille »

U.N.: Global Warming is On Pause

Maybe this is why...

(Great Britain: Jan 7 :: Facing a lot of snow... and temperatures that are SEVERELY lower than normal)

So, uh, yeah. It's official: Nobody in those big three letter news corps knows what they are talking about. In fact, I think GE asked it's scientists, "So the global warming thing that our big three lettered news guys talk about... yay or nay?" And when the scientists went, "Dude, it's snowing in Florida..." I guess GE and Vivendi (French) got together and said, "Wow, this bastard (NBC) is pretty useless now."

Now maybe it's assumptive to say that GE and even Vivendi are tired of NBC clearly for this reason. No, but it is a damn good reason as to why it's only beneficial for GE to do so. NBC as of today dropped Leno's Prime-time show. Wow. That's just... dumb. But wait! They are going to... move it down the line? Really? They want to keep Conan -- who now has his eyes on Fox's (remember, he used to write for the Simpsons?) readily accepting lineup. ABC, CBS? They're cool with who they have.

This is talked about somewhere... I'm too lazy to link it. But moving on from the abortion of NBC that Zucker has made it: The whole thing now culminates: General Electric is buying from Vivendi ( you know, that French conglomerate that owns EVERYTHING when it comes to media -- including Blizzard who makes World of Warcraft and most of the major blockbuster titles when it comes Videogames?) it's 20% share of stock in NBC Universal -- who CONTROLS and OWNS SyFy, USA, and a bunch of other now RUINED cable networks. But wait, there's more! Vivendi selling out NBC to GE shows that now even the French can't stand NBC anymore! Oh this is awesome...

But GE isn't going to hold on too long to these shares. Once they buy the 20% stock in NBCU (MSNBC, USA, SYFY, etc.) they will turn it right around and sell the total 51% in shares to none other than Comcast! yay.

It's all talked about right here: GE, Vivendi put NBC up for adoption; Comcast to take custody -- NBC's Zucker cries: "There is no God!" -- Yep, that's the Huffington Post. They don't draw all the lines and squiggles that I do, but hey -- someone has to.
Long Live the Fighters.
inhuien

Re: Cold Weather, NBC, and how to "Zuck" it up.

Post by inhuien »

If you look really closely at the photograph above, you can see my house and I'm in the back garden givin' you all the finger.
Harq al Ada

Post by Harq al Ada »

Great Britiansicle
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Wow, even Scotland must look quite nice under that snow. :P

This is hilarious:

"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

chanilover wrote:Wow, even Scotland must look quite nice under that snow. :P
If I may take this opportunity to direct your attention to the end of my previous post. :D
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

chanilover wrote:Wow, even Scotland must look quite nice under that snow. :P

This is hilarious:

WOW. Talk about the worst possible thing you could do in that situation! It's amazing to me how many people have no clue how to drive on ice or snow, or to get out of being stuck etc... even in places where they really should have lots of experience.
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

What should one do in that situation? My first thought is to slip into first gear, that should slow the wheels down but that doesn't look like the main problem there. :)
Fortunately I haven't had to drive on any ice so far (by virtue of not driving much in the last month).
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

There was an article on yahoo re that clip and apparently the was about 2 inches all over, and they were warned by locals not to go that way, Fools. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

We got a half-inch of snow Friday and the schools in my county were still closed on Monday.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

SadisticCynic wrote:What should one do in that situation? My first thought is to slip into first gear, that should slow the wheels down but that doesn't look like the main problem there. :)
Fortunately I haven't had to drive on any ice so far (by virtue of not driving much in the last month).
The only place I slid was where the lane at the back of the house goes down a ~45 degree slope down to the main road.

Slid down that into the main road 3 days in a row :oops:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

I like how that Daily Mail article on climate change still finds an opportunity to bash the BBC a bit :P
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
A Thing of Eternity

SadisticCynic wrote:What should one do in that situation? My first thought is to slip into first gear, that should slow the wheels down but that doesn't look like the main problem there. :)
If it's actually that slippery there is only one way to deal with it, and it isn't easy. Never even touch the breaks on ice (or if in a standard shift down), you'll turn sideways (like in the video) and then there's nothing you can do, and never turn sharply, or you'll turn sideways and there's nothing you can do. Once your car is sliding sideways or backwards it's all over!

All you do is let go of the gas, rolling tires have the best traction and steering ability, breaking and accelerating = bad. Then just really gently and calmly try to steer yourself out of hitting anything expensive (I wouldn't recomment trying anything over a 10 of 15 degree turn at first to get a feel for it, and very slow actual turning of the wheel), and if there are other cars around just try to hit a curb to slow down or stop, common sense will dictate where you end up steeing obviously.

It's pretty tricky, but it only ever happens on sheer ice, which isn't very common on roads. All my life in Canada I've only been in a situation like that maybe a handful of times... once when I was going 80 merging onto a highway, I actually did a full 360 and then straightened out, luckily I'd been practicing in icy parking lots for a while. Nothing beats practicing somewhere safe on ice.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SadisticCynic wrote:What should one do in that situation?
My first thought: stay in the fucking car!

(Seriously, did that woman get hurt? It looked like the car's momentum was enough to just run her right over).

Second thought: don't tempt fate. That road was obviously an ice-rink. It looked like the locals knew it, too. Drive on other roads or just skip driving for the day.

Practically speaking: never touch the brakes, take some gentle tugs at the wheel to see if that helps, and steer for anything that might slow you down (a curb is great) without, you know, causing gigantic damage to another car.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

Ah, winter and the fine art of trying to crash into the least expensive object around! :wink:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Winter weather makes me miss my tank. Tanks don't care about ice...or cars... or trees... etc...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Looks Photoshopped.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

and he's seen a lot of shups in his day, so he knows

thing: awright, got me there - even firefox cain't help ya if'n
ya don't know the difference tween break & brake ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

:lol:

I should start a twitter page called "ShitSandRiderSays".

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

get 750,000 followers,
sell it to CBS as a sitcom,
all in three months.

America !
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008