Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck in 2012?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Eyes High
Patience Personified

Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck in 2012?

Post by Eyes High »

Read and decide for yourself if it's real.

http://www.sphere.com/2009/11/25/sarah- ... am-ticket/
Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck: 2012 Dream Ticket?
Posted: 11/25/09Filed Under:Nation, Politics
By: David Knowles from Sphere.com

(Nov. 25) -- Sarah Palin isn't ruling out the possibility of running for president in 2012 with Fox News host Glenn Beck as her running mate.

The former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice-presidential candidate has said she has not ruled out the idea of making a presidential bid in '12. In an interview with the right-leaning Web site Newsmax, Palin also declined to give an unqualified "no" to the idea of a Palin/Beck ticket.

"I can envision a couple of different combinations, if ever I were to be in a position to really consider running for anything in the future, and I'm not there yet," Palin told Newsmax.

Fox News itself picked up on the Newsmax interview, and, when Palin went on the morning program "Fox & Friends" to plug her book this week, the network decided to see if the idea of Beck as a running mate had taken further root in Palin's mind.

"What are the chances that you'll run on a ticket with Fox's own Glenn Beck, as was reported earlier this week?" host Gretchen Carlson asked the former governor.

"I saw that, I saw that; he probably got a kick out of that," Palin said. "It was just a hoot, too, to hear such a thing. I don't know. We'll see, we'll see."

Palin, who has appeared on Beck's program numerous times, was Beck's first guest when his show moved from CNN's Headline News to Fox News. Judging from their past encounters, the two personalities would seem to share a governing philosophy.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
A Thing of Eternity

Re: Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck in 2012?

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Maybe the world will end in 2012... :shock:
The_Preacher

Post by The_Preacher »

You may be more correct than you know. I'm fairly certain that a successful Palin/Beck presedential bid is one of the signs of the Apocalypse!

If Frank Herbert were alive today he'd be spinning in his grave if he could see what they've done to his legacy.

I bought the very first prequel on Amazon as soon as it was available. God! I wouldn't wipe me arse with that trash! Never again, says I. Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
A Thing of Eternity

:lol: It would be the end of someone for sure. Pretty much every country in the world would be obligated to invade and liberate the USA before things went too far!

Tough to say how that one would end... certainly not well for anyone though.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

This news just asks for a vertical:

"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
trang

Post by trang »

That was pretty harsh.... ouch. Visually I find Sarah Palin enjoyable, and her energy is pretty refreshing.
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

lol!

After all the things I've been reading about Palin lately, I don't think she has a chance of becoming president.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Well at least if she does win we'll have another presidential election in 2014.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
A Thing of Eternity

trang wrote:That was pretty harsh.... ouch. Visually I find Sarah Palin enjoyable, and her energy is pretty refreshing.
Enjoyable as entertainment, or enjoyable as a politician? Because as a polician she's near as scary as it gets!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Palin is a fucking nut job. Hopefully everyone will remember how badly Bush screwed things up and refrain from voting for her when she takes her shot.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Finally, people I'm completely sure I know I'll vote for.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

And someone I know I will NOT be voting for.

I still find it hard to believe that she would even consider running next year. I know some people will forget some of the things she has said and done, but it wasn't that long ago that she resigned from her office. If she doesn't have the time or energy (or what ever was her reason) to be a governor, then how can she expect to be the president of a whole country?

I still say...Just vote for me. I'll listen to all the little people.

:flags-usa: :flags-canada: :flags-australia: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-texas:

We need some more flags. Let's see: at least, Mexico, Portugal, France, Germany, Japan, (who am I missing? I know we have members from, or living in, those countries plus the countries [and state] of the flags above)
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Eyes High wrote:And someone I know I will NOT be voting for.

I still find it hard to believe that she would even consider running next year. I know some people will forget some of the things she has said and done, but it wasn't that long ago that she resigned from her office. If she doesn't have the time or energy (or what ever was her reason) to be a governor, then how can she expect to be the president of a whole country?

I still say...Just vote for me. I'll listen to all the little people.

:flags-usa: :flags-canada: :flags-australia: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-texas:

We need some more flags. Let's see: at least, Mexico, Portugal, France, Germany, Japan, (who am I missing? I know we have members from, or living in, those countries plus the countries [and state] of the flags above)

and wrote a Dune Novel."
trang

Post by trang »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
trang wrote:That was pretty harsh.... ouch. Visually I find Sarah Palin enjoyable, and her energy is pretty refreshing.
Enjoyable as entertainment, or enjoyable as a politician? Because as a polician she's near as scary as it gets!
I have no interest in her political asperations, period. Visually as in, nice looking lady (can be face of the right cause). Her passion and energy for what she believes in and what she believes she is accomplishing is fresh and interesting. Very veiw of the Limelight types, be they republican or democrat or whatever cause have any energy at all, they are boring and repetative. I dont follow her every move, but I hope if she gets involved with some causes that are worthwhile she can make a difference. Desipite her grand canyon size verbal misteps, I beileve in one area she has some possible value, and that is the energy industry and the Energy Infrastucture. I think she still is beating that drum, but havent checked recently.

Both areas need a leader to draw the attention they deserve. Energy is the wave that can bring America back to the top of the economic ladder if its handled right. She has the capability to do it, wheather she is going to, and how is another story. If she is smart she will distance herself from idiots like Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, Rush limbaugh, Carl Rove and the other horsemen of the apocolypse.

The_Preacher

Post by The_Preacher »

trang wrote:Both areas need a leader to draw the attention they deserve. Energy is the wave that can bring America back to the top of the economic ladder if its handled right.
Optimistic at best, foolhardy thinking at worst. While there is a true visionary in the highest office in the US, there's no vision amongst the people and no sense of urgency for John Q. Public to make the appropriate lifestyle and cultural changes to the rampant consumptive behaviour that's causing so many problems in our world. Necessity truly is the mother of invention and they don't see the need at this stage in history. Heck, people are still debating the merits of the science. It's the human equivalent of an ostrich burying its head in the sand. That and China holds too many of the Yanks' markers. What needs to happen is serious protectionism legislation as the inhuman, greedy, anti-social, amoral, sociopathic corporate can't help itself. It, as an anthropomorphic entity, needs to come to the realisation that without any consumers, there is no consumerism and therefore no profit.

Communism (so-called) failed, see USSR, Fall Of. Capitalism is gasping its last (see Health Care System, United States of America). Neither of the two systems had balance and each was/is rife with corruption and greed. Life requires balance. We need to find it as a species or perish from this earth. Believe you me, this world will get along fine without us.
If Frank Herbert were alive today he'd be spinning in his grave if he could see what they've done to his legacy.

I bought the very first prequel on Amazon as soon as it was available. God! I wouldn't wipe me arse with that trash! Never again, says I. Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Hey, thanks for including Australia, Eyes. That was real nice of you.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Hey, thanks for including Australia, Eyes. That was real nice of you.

HBJ

Gotta remember my friends. :mrgreen:
trang

Post by trang »

I can appreciate your words but tend to disagree. I was stating basically that I feel the woman has value in a particular area, and feel her momentum and previous experience in the field could lead somewhere. Energy independence for the US is working rapidly towards necessity. The main reason is because its hitting the lethargic lemmings in the place that hurts most, yee old pocket book.

Infrastructure problems are rampant across the US today. Vulnerabilities to the grids are at critical levels also.

Americans dependence on electricity is growing by the week, as each consumer keeps adding more and more gadgets, again driving necessity.

Capitolism as a system is fine... Assholes taking advantage, and entities making bad investments (including the US government) is part of the ebb and flow.

You put these together on the topic of energy and infrastructure changes with a public figure with momentum and things could actually happen that might otherwise lanquish on the floors of congress and boardrooms. You add the fact the she has some energy resume accomplishments and a grasp of the topic... It adds to the possibilities.

You mix that with your visionary in the white house... can see her as a independent being called to service on the issue, being the face and factor to move things along.

Or not:)

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I'd vote for Palin, but not if Beck was on the ticket.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:Palin is a fucking nut job. Hopefully everyone will remember how badly Bush screwed things up and refrain from voting for her when she takes her shot.
Yes...i'm just scared that americans loves a comeback more than remembering... :tissue2:
Harq al Ada

Post by Harq al Ada »

if she could keep her religion out of our government and could admit that she doesn't know enough about a particular subject rather than trying to talk her way out of questions using catch phrases that she's been spoon fed then maybe.

but I don't think she's capable of either of those. every time I hear her speak it makes me want to kick a retarded baby. listening to her reminds me of Bush 2; nails on a chalk board. On the other hand, "God darnit, Mr. Obama, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore."
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

This scares the hell out of me. Especially if Obama fails or doesn't do too well on health care and Afghanistan.

I have no doubt that this country could elect someone like that. We elected Bush....twice.(granted he lost the popular vote but that's another thread).
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Freakzilla wrote:I'd vote for Palin, but not if Beck was on the ticket.
Why on earth would you vote for that dimwit? I think it's time conservatives demanded better representation instead of accepting whoever the RNC throws at them.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Mandy wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:I'd vote for Palin, but not if Beck was on the ticket.
Why on earth would you vote for that dimwit? I think it's time conservatives demanded better representation instead of accepting whoever the RNC throws at them.
because ....

and wrote a Dune Novel."
A Thing of Eternity

They're going to put up either a woman or a visible minority, maybe black but probably something else. That seems to be what they think will make them win. Look at Palin, the ONLY, absolutely ONLY reason she ever got anywhere near the presidential campaign is because Hillary lost to Obama and the Rep's figured they could maybe splinter off some of the Dem vote that wanted a woman in power. It had (obviously) zero to do with her ability to do the job. Of course, they were working on the assumption (as conservative parties tend to do) that everyone in the country is a complete idiot. They missed the fact that those people wanted a competant woman in power, not just any woman. (look at Obama, if he'd just banked on being the first black president he would have lost for sure)

They'll make the same mistake again, and in a completely see-through grab at minority/PC votes they'll put an Asian, Hispanic, Indian, Woman, or better yet - an Asian woman, up for the campaign.

EDIT: and damnit, that woman is NOT attractive, you all need to raise your standards by at least a few notches!