Imprinting

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Redstar

Re: Imprinting

Post by Redstar »

Well, yes, they are my opinion. She is attractive on one level, but not someone I'd actively be interested in for even a moment. Her hair is kinky, her breasts are too large, and her face (specifically her eyebrows) just screams "I'm a bitch!"
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:shock:

You know ... I kinda get the eyebrows one... :shock:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Redstar wrote:... her breasts are too large ...
I'm sorry, that's not computing. Maybe you mis-typed or something ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

TheDukester wrote:
Redstar wrote:... her breasts are too large ...
I'm sorry, that's not computing. Maybe you mis-typed or something ...
No, I'm with him. C cup is pretty much the limit for me, B cup or bellow is better.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Redstar wrote:Well, yes, they are my opinion. She is attractive on one level, but not someone I'd actively be interested in for even a moment. Her hair is kinky, her breasts are too large, and her face (specifically her eyebrows) just screams "I'm a bitch!"
I'll give you the hair and breasts, that's a matter of taste, but...

What the FUCK does her personality have to do with anything?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Freakzilla wrote:
Redstar wrote:Well, yes, they are my opinion. She is attractive on one level, but not someone I'd actively be interested in for even a moment. Her hair is kinky, her breasts are too large, and her face (specifically her eyebrows) just screams "I'm a bitch!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

inhuien wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, that's what you have male friends for.

Oink
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

The body is only what gets me interested in the first place. After that, I look into the personality. If I don't like it then my perception of her attraction goes from enjoyment to disgust. Personality is more important to me, with the body only being a bonus.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Redstar wrote:The body is only what gets me interested in the first place. After that, I look into the personality. If I don't like it then my perception of her attraction goes from enjoyment to disgust. Personality is more important to me, with the body only being a bonus.
I hope that works out for you, man.
~Pink Snowman
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

It has already, quite well actually. Thanks.
A Thing of Eternity

Worked for me as well. I picked the hot Indian girl, and landed one with with loads of personality.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

This whole thread made me think of a culumn in a danish news paper, where people can send in questions related to sex. There was this guy who was turned on about drinking milk from his wifes tits. He had three children, and the doctor had advised his wife not to carry anymore, yet this guy had preasured his wife to get another baby just so he could get his kick out of it. He didn't tell her that offcourse, but that only make it more sick in my eyes - not that he drinks the milk, I mean that's up to him, but that he's willing to risk his wifes health just to get off.

Any way the dutch girl...who is she? I feel....imprinted.
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
- Bene Gesserit Advice to Postulants
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

nampigai wrote:
Any way the dutch girl...who is she? I feel....imprinted.
Yolanthe Cabau van Kasbergen
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

nampigai wrote:Any way the dutch girl...who is she? I feel....imprinted.
I've been imprinting myself quite a bit while looking at her photo.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

TheDukester wrote:
nampigai wrote:Any way the dutch girl...who is she? I feel....imprinted.
I've been imprinting myself quite a bit while looking at her photo.
Follow the link to an abundance of pictures of Yolanthe: http://forum.mokkels.nl/gallery/5-neder ... kasbergen/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

:lol: This thread is a shambles, I haven't seen that many tits in one thread outside Dungnovels.

So, this business of making her tits sag reads as if the BGs' control of their bodies was verging on the same ability as the Face Dancers. The BG can control their metabolism. CHD includes the story of Bellonda being overweight as some kind of rebellion, although she starts to lose weight towards the end of the book, if I remember rightly. I can understand Bellonda being able to gradually shift the flab, but the idea that Lucilla could change her body shape at will seems odd. I can't think of any other example in the books where the BG have anything like that ability.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
A Thing of Eternity

Maybe FH was just off his game that day, and meant to word it in a way that came across more as her being able to project that kind of feeling to someone she was talking to, making them think of her as that kind of woman... through voice and other subtleties.

That's all I can come up with.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Maybe FH was just off his game that day, and meant to word it in a way that came across more as her being able to project that kind of feeling to someone she was talking to, making them think of her as that kind of woman... through voice and other subtleties.

That's all I can come up with.
That's what I think.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

What do you make of this passage, from Heretics?
Sirafa draped the dragon robe over the back of the settee. She stood revealed in a clinging black leotard that concealed nothing of a body still lithe and
supple, even well rounded. The body looked much younger than the face. As Lucilla looked at her, Sirafa passed her palms across her forehead and cheeks,
smoothing them backward. Age lines grew shallow and a younger face was revealed.

A Face Dancer?

Lucilla stared hard at the woman. There were none of the other Face Dancer stigmata. Still . . .
This is another example of someone other than a Face Dancer being able to change their physical appearance at will. Do you think Frank was going anywhere with this?
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
A Thing of Eternity

Gods damnit... myabe he was realy just getting carried away with the BG style self control?
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

I think Frank would have explained that if he'd lived to finish the series. Sirafa is one who'd returned from the Scattering, like the futars and their handlers.. we never got the chance to find out much about them.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

chanilover wrote:What do you make of this passage, from Heretics?
Sirafa draped the dragon robe over the back of the settee. She stood revealed in a clinging black leotard that concealed nothing of a body still lithe and
supple, even well rounded. The body looked much younger than the face. As Lucilla looked at her, Sirafa passed her palms across her forehead and cheeks,
smoothing them backward. Age lines grew shallow and a younger face was revealed.

A Face Dancer?

Lucilla stared hard at the woman. There were none of the other Face Dancer stigmata. Still . . .
This is another example of someone other than a Face Dancer being able to change their physical appearance at will. Do you think Frank was going anywhere with this?
Breeding Face Dancers?
Do not be quick to reveal judgment. Hidden judgment is often more potent. It can guide reaction whose effects are felt only when too late to divert them.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Face Dancers are mules. Can't be bred.

I just imagine the BG' abilities developed to a greater point after so long. I doubt they could function entirely like a FD, but subtle and cosmetic changes would be fully possible. Even the larger, sagging breasts I just took as a simple act... Just increased the water and relaxed the grounding muscles, that kinda thing. Lots of little subtle changes that have the intended look.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(I think he was suggesting the development of Face Dancers that could breed?)

Doesn't the fact that Lucilla suspects her of being a Face Dancer indicate that what she has done something that Lucilla herself could not do?
nampigai

Post by nampigai »

Redstar wrote:Face Dancers are mules. Can't be bred.

I just imagine the BG' abilities developed to a greater point after so long. I doubt they could function entirely like a FD, but subtle and cosmetic changes would be fully possible. Even the larger, sagging breasts I just took as a simple act... Just increased the water and relaxed the grounding muscles, that kinda thing. Lots of little subtle changes that have the intended look.
I am well aware that FD's are mules and as such aren't caple of breeding- It was only a thought.

*edit
in HoD (it's been years so sorry if I'm wrong) - but isn't there something of FD's returning that even the Tleilaxu Masters are affraid of and didn't trust? Perhaps they evolved?