Winds of Dune: a complete non-event

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Ampoliros

Re: Winds of Dune: a complete non-event

Post by Ampoliros »

I don't blame you, we are talking about the guy who made a flying sno-cone into the most "uber superweapon" in Star Wars
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(I still don't buy the Ghola Kynes bit. Just saying. ;) )
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I think its a bit of a Schrodinger's cat. Something dangled out there for the OH to chomp on that can be written anyway he pleases in the next book. I'm wary about it because Kynes is probably my favorite character in the books. Sure we can give them the benefit of the doubt, but when has that worked in our favor?
Drew_Atreides

Post by Drew_Atreides »

...wow...this thread had me in tears sometimes.. Nice job.

Glad to know that there are others out there that recognize the lack of talent of KJA...

I have to admit that I am on the waiting list at the library for "Winds of Dune"...Did the same thing with PoD. After being hosed one final time with the Dune7 duology, i vowed never to give these guys another cent of my money, but i also am masochistically curious about what goes on in the Dune books...
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Drew_Atreides wrote:...wow...this thread had me in tears sometimes.. Nice job.

Glad to know that there are others out there that recognize the lack of talent of KJA...

I have to admit that I am on the waiting list at the library for "Winds of Dune"...Did the same thing with PoD. After being hosed one final time with the Dune7 duology, i vowed never to give these guys another cent of my money, but i also am masochistically curious about what goes on in the Dune books...
Excellent first post! Welcome to Jacurutu. Please post in the "Introduce Yourself" topic so we can thoroughly grill you.

:D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Drew_Atreides wrote:...wow...this thread had me in tears sometimes.. Nice job.

:lol: Not a bad first post, welcome to the club.

EDIT: Damnit Freak, you ninja!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Re: Winds of Dune: Fail

Post by Nekhrun »

Well, in the Pics or it Didn't Happen category...

I was looking over at bn.com yesterday and thought I'd check something out (look at the bottom):

:D

I tried again later and it actually worked, but if it happened to me I'm guessing it has happened to someone else.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I'll have to take a screenshot, i think its an internal error but I found some of Dune books listed under Bargain Juvie a few days ago.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

On a different topic:

If I'm remembering correctly, there was a short period just before Winds came out where it had a rating of 5 stars, but no reviews, on Amazon. Others have noticed that happening with other books on Amazon, and have speculated that the culprit is none other than Harriet Klausner.
Yeah, "she" really irritates me as well. I'm convinced she's definitely got some deal with amazon. Not only does she often post her review of a book the day it is released, but I am convinced that she frequently submits her reviews to amazon BEFORE the book is published. And that's despite the fact that Amazon does not allow the average person to write a review before its release date- there simply isn't a 'write a review' option.

For example, the most recent book I've noticed is FOR A FEW DEMONS MORE by Kim Harrison. If you go to Amazon and search for Kim Harrison, the book in question will be listed along with all the others. It is also, however, listed with a five star rating. When you click on the link, and look at the book, there is no review on the book page and no option to review because it doesn't get released until MARCH 20, 2007! (If you simply search using the title it doesn't show a rating so make sure you click on the author's link to look at all her books. I don't know why it's like that.) THEN, if you go to barnes and noble and look for the same book, you'll notice that HK has already written a five star review (shocker) on that site. Coincidence? I think not.
HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I remember that, but I don't believe Harriet has reviewed WoD yet, has she? I just checked the five- and four-stars and she wasn't there.

Of course, Harriet Klausner isn't the only "Harriet Klausner" over there. Check out my man Arthur W. Jordin sometime. ;)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"