PoliticalCompass Test

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

A Thing of Eternity

Re: PoliticalCompass Test

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

GamePlayer wrote:
lotek wrote:what do art and politics have in common?

they both pretend to be something they're not :)
I really like that one. I'm going to have to remember that joke :)
What about my new and improved version? :wink:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

DuneFishUK wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:Apparently one time a urinal was voted the best piece of art. Is that what you're referring to?
Don't knock Marcel Duchamp - Fountain was clever (at the time) :)

The worst abstract art is just as meaningful as some of the old-master's portraits. It just lacks the skill/craftsmanship elements - which makes it less interesting to look at.. but it's still art, just not very good art.
There's unskilled art on my refrigerator. Some of the walls, too. Such as Dragon - Crayon and Magic marker on Sheetrock.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

That includes giving answers to what I'd call right wing positions on the economy and social security, but I was probably skewed towards the left by the social medicine questions and the homo questions.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
A Thing of Eternity

There were homo questions? Maybe this is a slightly different test than the last one.
A Thing of Eternity

I think this is about the same results I had last time. So many of the questions are BS (like "learning disciplin is the most important thing for a child' or some such... I don't think it's THE most important thing for them to learn, doesn't mean I don't think it's important), and this was obviously put together by someone rightwing and very blackorwhite minded.

One of my favorites was the question about whether one of the strengths of the 1 party system is that it allows the government to be more efficient and quick to react than democracy does (paraphrasing obviously). WTF? Obviously that is 100% true, only a fool could say otherwise, so obviously I put "strongly agree" - but that doesn't mean I WANT a 1 party system, which is obviously how they are weighting that question (agree=authoritarian dissagree=libertarian). In reality someone from both extremes would have to answer strongly agree, or at least agree, unless they just didn't think about the question. Sheesh.

Half of the questions don't even have anything to do with either axis, like the questions about sex and religion. Whether or not gay people can adopt kids has zero to do with my economic veiws (right/left) and zero to do with my authoritarian/libertarian veiws.

What BS. I even answered lots of questions in a way that I was sure was going to make me look rightwing and authoritarian, and I'm still hanging out with Ghandi on the chart!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I think we needed another choice than just the four given. What about don't care either way or more politely putted...neutral.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Freakzilla wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:Apparently one time a urinal was voted the best piece of art. Is that what you're referring to?
Don't knock Marcel Duchamp - Fountain was clever (at the time) :)

The worst abstract art is just as meaningful as some of the old-master's portraits. It just lacks the skill/craftsmanship elements - which makes it less interesting to look at.. but it's still art, just not very good art.
There's unskilled art on my refrigerator. Some of the walls, too. Such as Dragon - Crayon and Magic marker on Sheetrock.
Don't get me started on bad modern art :P There is a lot of utter shite out there. (Last time I was in London, I walked out of Tate "the-shit-one" Modern after about 10 minutes)

But, there are also some genuinely interesting bits that do tick the boxes without being "skilled" - I think the urinal is one of them.. the story behind it is a good one. Nu-modern art doesn't have that. The fundamental boundaries have already been pushed - art has a life-span.

Back on topic...
I've moved right a bit... come to think of it I did read a bit of Ayn Rand back in January :?
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

"there's a better test out there now that has more questions, "

linky ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

A little bit of a surprise for me. Knew I wasn't a die-hard conservative but... Oh well. I vote for the individual not the political group anyway.
The Political Spectrum Quiz
Eyes is a left moderate social authoritarian.
She is also a foreign policy centrist and somewhat culturally conservative.
Eyes' scores (from 0 to 10):
Economic issues:+5.17 left
Social issues:+1.87 authoritarian
Foreign policy:+0.36 non-interventionist
Cultural identification:+2.43 conservative
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
A Thing of Eternity

Looks like we might have another election coming up in the next months... man, I hate the conservative party as much as anyone, but for the love of the gods, can't we just let them do their jobs for a while without having an election?

I don't know what the opposition is thinking. Every time they force an election they're just going to loose ground and inch closer to giving the conservatives a majority government, because everyone is getting bloody sick of this. The opposition is on CRACK if they honestly think they have a chance of beating the conservatives. As far as the general populace is concerned, the C's haven't done much of anything yet, let alone something bad enough to get voted out of power.

Bloody hell.

EDIT: I'm either voting green or doing a write-in (haven't decided who yet), because where I live voting is pointless anyways (seriously, totally useless), so I might as well just send a message.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

write in Kinky Friedman.

why the hell not ?
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Looks like we might have another election coming up in the next months... man, I hate the conservative party as much as anyone, but for the love of the gods, can't we just let them do their jobs for a while without having an election?

I don't know what the opposition is thinking. Every time they force an election they're just going to loose ground and inch closer to giving the conservatives a majority government, because everyone is getting bloody sick of this. The opposition is on CRACK if they honestly think they have a chance of beating the conservatives. As far as the general populace is concerned, the C's haven't done much of anything yet, let alone something bad enough to get voted out of power.

Bloody hell.

EDIT: I'm either voting green or doing a write-in (haven't decided who yet), because where I live voting is pointless anyways (seriously, totally useless), so I might as well just send a message.
yeah i'm really not sure what Iggy is thinking... and their proposed slogan for the election: "We Can Do Better" :shock: honestly wtf

i think they mean: "we're going to cost the Canadian taxpayers 300M for an unneeded election because Iggy wants to be PM and in his very humble opinion :roll: could do a better job than harper"

you can write my name in if you want :D
It's not just Iggy (and by the way, all those attack adds when there wasn't even a bloody election going on were childish and only served to cement the opinion that the conservative party consists of a bunch of fear mongering neanderthals), it's the whole pile of idiots in the opposition pissing me off.

As long as the C's don't have the power to actually pull off any of their more batshit crazy plans we're fine. No need for an election, and if this causes the C's to get a majority I'm going to write all those morons in the opposition letters like they've never seen before. :evil:
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

I'm in favour of all these extra elections. Each one brings the NDP ascendancy a little bit closer. :dance:
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:it's not fear-mongering... it's defining the opposition ;)
worked for Dion, it'll work for Iggy.
It's bullshit when there isn't an election going on. The conservative party just sinks lower and lower, and it's starting to make me ill. I don't know how any adult can support those children.
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Looks like we might have another election coming up in the next months... man, I hate the conservative party as much as anyone, but for the love of the gods, can't we just let them do their jobs for a while without having an election?

Bloody hell.

You should count yourself lucky. We're crying out for a general election here but that deranged sociopath Gordon Brown is too chicken to call one. It looks like he's going to wait until the maximum five year period since the last election before he goes to the country. Enough time for him and his dipshit government to do even more damage.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
A Thing of Eternity

I guess I can say we're lucky the Conservatives don't have a majority, but the lack of anything getting done and waste of money is getting annoying.
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:look it's the libbies who are clamoring for the writ to be dropped. I'm glad the NDP had the sense to step in... and it's showed in the latest polls too that they've bounced up since then.

however, they needed to because they'd have been wiped off the map if we had gone to the polls.
Oh trust me, I'm definitely complaining about the liberals. I do not want to see another election that's just going to hand more seats to the conservatives for no reason other than that people are sick of voting too often.
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:look it's the libbies who are clamoring for the writ to be dropped. I'm glad the NDP had the sense to step in... and it's showed in the latest polls too that they've bounced up since then.

however, they needed to because they'd have been wiped off the map if we had gone to the polls.
Oh trust me, I'm definitely complaining about the liberals. I do not want to see another election that's just going to hand more seats to the conservatives for no reason other than that people are sick of voting too often.

lol :P that's the only reason I don't mind the idea of an election this fall... but it'd be a huge waste of 300M and since Layton is showing some sense now, and the government has extended an olive branch, hopefully it'll keep parliament working for a while.
Alright then, I'll hope for you crazies to stay out of real power, and you'll pray for the C's to get real power! May the best random-assed luck win! :D
insidiom

Post by insidiom »

this topic has quieted down, but i had taken this test a few months back and wanted to put in my two cents:

"...no one. but the water tastes really bad; like ass and dirt.
i dont suggest that anybody drink the water from their suits. it tastes really bad."
"that it does."

"A man is a fool not to put everything he has, at any given moment, into what he is creating."--FH

darkness loves bbq
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

A progressive neo-libertarian? Is it catching?
insidiom

Post by insidiom »

chanilover wrote:A progressive neo-libertarian? Is it catching?
i was pretty surprised myself. my wife fell in love with me all over again. :lol:

yeah, didnt understand the neo-liberal part. i thought that i was closer to classical liberalism (which is kinda like modern conservatism).
either way, im definitely for less government and more constitution/liberty/freedom/guns/pot. :dance:
"...no one. but the water tastes really bad; like ass and dirt.
i dont suggest that anybody drink the water from their suits. it tastes really bad."
"that it does."

"A man is a fool not to put everything he has, at any given moment, into what he is creating."--FH

darkness loves bbq
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Finally got around to doing this. No surprises.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
A Little Galach

Post by A Little Galach »

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

I don't have a PB account and have no desire to create one, but this puts me bottom right.

I'm horrified at all the hippy-communists here. For shame.
A Thing of Eternity

A Little Galach wrote: I'm horrified at all the hippy-communists here. For shame.
:lol: Some of us hippy commies are actually social-capitalists, just for the record! :wink:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

and some of us hippie-communists are actually real live hippie-communists ...
ImageImage