Fremen Justice ? WTF ?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandRider
Watermaster

Fremen Justice ? WTF ?

Post by SandRider »

................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Slugger

Re: Fremen Justice ? WTF ?

Post by Slugger »

That Fremen looks like Gerald Butler as Leonidas in 300....

"This...is...ARRAKISSSSS!!!!"
Futar

Post by Futar »

oh god... what is this? a graphic novel now?
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

don't know.

found it on the Burning Man forum, some kid wanted to build a stillsuit,
some other kid posted that, then they started talking about weed again ....

edit : okay, this makes even less sense ...

http://www.amazon.com/Fremen-Justice-Br ... 0970965745" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/a/kev ... ustice.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$200 ? is that american dollars or .... ?
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

This thing has come up before, but I forget the details. Where's Omph?

An excerpt from Dune: Fremen Justice
No bright light, no sign of guards. Crawling into the hole, Stilgar stretched a leg down and located a rough ledge, where he rested his boot. With his other foot he found a second ledge, and below that another. Steps going down. Ahead, he discerned low yellow light where the tunnel sloped to the right. He backed up and raised a hand, summoning the others to follow.

On the floor at the base of the rough steps he found an old serving bowl. Tugging off his nose plugs, he smelled raw meat. Bait for small predators? An animal trap? He froze, looking for sensors. Had he already tripped a silent alarm? He heard footsteps ahead, and a drunken voice. "Got another one. Blow it to kulon-hell."

Stilgar and two Fremen darted into a side tunnel and drew their milky crysknives. Maula pistols would be far too noisy in these enclosed spaces. When a pair of Harkonnen guards blundered past them, reeking of spice beer, Stilgar and his comrade Turok darted out and grabbed them from behind.

Before the hapless men could cry out, the Fremen slit their throats.
"Becoming a successful writer is like making the Olympic Team—you have to devote your life to it, practice constantly, improve your skills, and hope you make the cut. Nobody ever said it would be easy. " Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson

An exclusive interview with Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson

Brian Herbert, the son of Frank Herbert, is the critically acclaimed author of numerous science fiction novels including Sidney’s Comet, The Race For God, Prisoners of Arionn, and Sudanna, Sudanna.

Kevin J. Anderson has written bestselling novels for Star Wars, X-Files, and other popular properties, as well as award-winning original novels. His forthcoming solo novels include Nemo, Hopscotch, and the first volume of a new science fiction epic, The Saga Of Seven Suns.

Together, Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson have completed the phenomenally successful “Prelude to Dune” trilogy House Atreides, House Harkonnen, and House Corrino. These novels have become international bestsellers, popular favorites, and award winners. They are currently working on a new Dune prequel trilogy, The Butlerian Jihad.
http://www.wormholebook.com/chapbooks/fremenjustice.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandRider wrote:Image
jeez i thought this was a fake!!

anf that font?
what were they thinking???

were they thinking???

can they think???

and even if they were or could do they want to???

EDIT:
just went over the 1st amazon link... 200$ is for a copy signed by the author, so there you go that explains... just nothing what the hell is happening? Did we suddenly shift to a parallel world where objects recede in quality and some weird crazy mind of an adult child is the master of reality and twists it to his own desiderata! (little quizz who wrote that story?)

that book is worth 15$
http://www.wormholebook.com/chapbooks/fremenjustice.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

It's just one of the five or six short stories that they have written. I always figured that their last book would be a collection of them. If you go to the Wiki Dune page it has them in the chronology. Also, Torkos included them in his own chronology. That particular one was published as a chapbook. I forget who the publisher was, but they have another short story chapbook set in Dune too.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

The cover makes it look like some teen fiction version of Dune, not that the rest of their stories aren't exactly that.

I'd be interested to see the other covers, just for laughs.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Here's the publisher's website. Hunting Harkonnens is the other one. Its at the bottom of the page. And if someone is selling that POS for $200, well, then we should send some Preeks their way. There's a Preek born every minute, eh?

Seriously, its $15 or so on the publisher's website, and by the fact that it was published in 2001 and the limited edition is still selling suggests, um, something, about its popularity. :D

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Stilgar and two Fremen darted into a side tunnel and drew their milky crysknives.
Ultra-gay innuendo aside, the writing here is absolutely terrible as per usual. Frank wouldn't say "Stilgar and two Fremen." Fremen is way too broad a term for it. He'd say Fedaykin or Naibs or some other bit of Fremen vocabulary...
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

"Stilgar and two Scottish guys..."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

That's it. :D
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

"Hell, Fucking, aye, Big Man. Yous pure got it.

Send in the redshirts.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Omphalos wrote:Here's the publisher's website. Hunting Harkonnens is the other one. Its at the bottom of the page. And if someone is selling that POS for $200, well, then we should send some Preeks their way. There's a Preek born every minute, eh?

Seriously, its $15 or so on the publisher's website, and by the fact that it was published in 2001 and the limited edition is still selling suggests, um, something, about its popularity. :D

the $200 one is used on amazon, apparently signed, and the only copy of this available there;
w/o looking, I'm betting the copy listed on the other website is the same one, same seller.

(and good luck with that ....)
ImageImage

Talos

Post by Talos »

Omphalos wrote:It's just one of the five or six short stories that they have written.
It's not even a short story, it's just an excerpt from House Corrino that they packaged another story to sell more books. Apparently it didn't work too well considering this book is still for sale at Wormhole and they only printed just over a thousand.
SandRider wrote: $200 ? is that american dollars or .... ?
WOW!!! I really hope this sells! If so I'm putting mine up for sale because I could use an extra 400 bucks. I received a hardcover, autographed copy of both this and Hunting Harkonnens for Christmas a few years back (My mother thought that I would enjoy anything with Dune on it.)
Scientists seek the lawfulness of events. It is the task of Religion to fit man into this lawfulness.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Good luck getting rid of them! :)

(Bitchin' new avatar, btw. :D )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Talos

Post by Talos »

SandChigger wrote:Bitchin' new avatar, btw. :D
Thanks!!! You too, I haven't been by in awhile, last I recall, you were a bunny rabbit!
Scientists seek the lawfulness of events. It is the task of Religion to fit man into this lawfulness.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

(I still am. :animals-bunnywhite: On the inside. :P )
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

My 2-year-old likes to mess around a bit on the computer. Whenever I was scrolling through Jacurutu pages with him around, he'd always say, "The bunny!" every time he saw the old avatar. 8)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

TheDukester wrote:My 2-year-old likes to mess around a bit on the computer. Whenever I was scrolling through Jacurutu pages with him around, he'd always say, "The bunny!" every time he saw the old avatar. 8)
My 3-y-o princess liked it too.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Wont you do it again Chig? For the childrens sake...

:P
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Tell 'em that ... bunny made a mighty fine pie. :lol:

(And try to snap pix of their expressions when you do. ;) )

(I'm not really that evil. I'm much much worse! :laughing: )
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Tell 'em that ... bunny made a mighty fine pie. :lol:

(And try to snap pix of their expressions when you do. ;) )

(I'm not really that evil. I'm much much worse! :laughing: )
Cook! Where's my Hossenfeffer?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman