Watermaster

Everybody Hates Keith

Post by SandRider »

Amazon Customer Reviews
Enemies & Allies : A Novel
Kevin J. Anderson

Disappointing but Understandable, May 18, 2009
By R. Swanson (Ocoee, FL United States)

To be fair, writing a comic book in prose form has to be difficult. Interpreting a visual medium through text has been done well in WildCards but not in much else.

My biggest quibble with this book is that nowhere does the book say it's a grade school/jr. high level story, which it clearly is (except for a few words I don't want my preteens knowing, and I can't imagine them being interested in a Cold War story). The writing it juvenile in every way, from motivation and (lack of) character development to storytelling.

Superman was raised on Earth; why would he be bewildered by humanity? Batman was not a product of the 40's era - other than the references to Joe McCarthy and Sputnik, there was little indication that it was the 50's, certainly none through the characters (a supersonic jet during the cold war? Luthor's armor in the 50's? Why, exactly, was this set in the past?)

All of this has been done before, lightyears better.

I wanted to like this book, I really did. All and all I'd like those hours back.
Not that great, July 13, 2009
By M. Rodriguez "CyberMAN" (San Antonio, TX)

Customer review from the Amazon Vine™ Program (What's this?)
I was really excited when I first saw this novel-the idea of Batman and Superman working together-awesome, but not so much in this case. Although it is a novel, I was still hoping for some neat comic illustrations at some point in this book, but there were none. Each chapter is written about the other character-which seems like a good idea, but makes the story choppy and difficult to follow. Overall, if you're a fan of Batman and/or Superman, I'd suggest sticking with the comic books or movies as the novel just doesn't work with these larger than life characters!

I put the book down after about 12 chapters (they're very short, about 3-4 pages per chapter). Somewhere around chapter 5/6, Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne meet each other for the first time - however nothing happened after that (as far as I read). I got bored, and stopped reading. Also, if anyone is a fan of DC, they know that all heroes exist in separate universes (with very rare exceptions), and the book does not address this fact. This book is also too descriptive for me - I like action; I like the story to move along. This book is a very slow read.
Last edited by SandRider on 02 Sep 2009 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
A Thing of Eternity

Re: Everybody Hates Keith

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

:lol:

That's hilarious - they called him on pretty much everyone one of his typical weaknesses.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Amazon Customer Reviews
Champions of the Force (Star Wars: The Jedi Academy Trilogy, Vol. 3)
Kevin J. Anderson

Anderson does NOT rule., May 26, 1999
By A Customer
How did I make it through this entire trilogy? Kevin Anderson has to be the worst writer in the Star Wars pantheon. He has a wooden style, with none of the spare elegance of Zahn or Hambly. His plots are wholly implausible. ("Let's see, what should I write about? I know: another super weapon! There's an original idea. Oh yeah, I should throw in an all-powerful super-villan who defeats Skywalker but then gets beat by a bunch of untrained rookies. Yeah that rocks." NOT.) He has this annoying habit of giving you constant synposes of what happened 25 pages ago. The book is full of inconsistencies. All in all, my least favorite Star Wars novel to date.

Does nothing to salvage the previous two books..., July 6, 1999
By A Customer
I'll get right to it: the problem here, is that Anderson writes novels with plots worthy of comic books. Depth, complexity, introspection, dimension are all foreign to him. This would be OK, if, at least, the action scenes were interesting. Unfortunately they're not. It's not exactly a spoiler here, but the good guys win. Every engagement. Every battle. Sure, we want the Republic to win in the end, but someone ought to tell KJA that there's nothing terribly gripping about reading the Empire lose time and time again. In Zahn's trilogy he created a palpable threat. A strong bad guy. KJA does not, consequently his books lack any tension.

And why does it seem to take less time to become a Jedi Knight than it does to get a mail-order Associates Degree?

You call this a winner ?, November 3, 1999
By A Customer
Kevin Anderson is so mediocre one is surprised why there are people who give him so much acclaim. The story is weak and the characterizations totally out; he is undoubtedly the worst of all the writers in the Star Wars genre.

this book was written by an obsessive-compulsive shut-in., August 4, 1999
By A Customer
this series of books are awful. Why? Because a)the plots suck-there are contrived plot twists and melodrama galore; b) the characterizations are pathetic-are we supposed to believe that luke skywalker the Jedi Master can't tell when his students are being turned to the Dark side-twice?!!!; c) finally, how many times can an author write the same line in a book-look no further than one of KJA's books! I must have read "Do, there is no try" at least 500 times in this awful series. the man needs serious help.

Anderson butchers Characters from previous series, and..., January 10, 1999
By A Customer
tries to save it with superweapon after superweapon after superweapon. Please, ma, no more superweapons! I'll admit, starting a Jedi Academy seemed like a good idea, but the way KJA messed it up, let's save ourselves the trouble and say there were never any Jedi in the first place...

Kevin J. Anderson: a "Champion of the Force," he isn't, October 21, 1998
By T. Martin (Pullman, WA)
I recommend skipping the first two books in this series and beginning with "Champions of the Force." You really don't need to read the first two books to understand the third. Anderson's plot structure is simple and straight forward. Any events from the first two novels that are of relevance will be re-explained for you in "Champions of the Force." By skipping to the third book, you'll be minimizing your Anderson-intake without sacrificing your knowledge of Star Wars lore. And, hey, if you end up liking "Champions of the Force," you can always go back and read the rest of Anderson's drivel. END
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

ImageImage

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Now that I'm paying more attention to random Anderjacket reviews, I'm finding it very telling that the concept of "boredom" is used so often by reviewers discussing his works. You'd think that a no-depth, pure-plot, YA-level, hack-and-slash author would at least find a way to not bore his audience into submission, but that's apparently not the case ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I had no idea there were that many Star Wars books .... my god.

most are now available used from amazon for a penny.

seriously.

this is the future of Dune ....

:cry:
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Amazon Customer Reviews
Ruins (The X-Files)
Kevin J. Anderson

Terribly disappointing, November 7, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Ruins (The X-Files) (Hardcover)
I was shocked to see all the praise here that has been heaped on this book. I couldn't believe how poorly written it was. It reminded me of something that would turn up in a college-level creative writing course... before being slashed to death by the professor's Red Pen o' Doom & Dismissal. The characters of Mulder and Scully are cardboard cutouts of the M&S we know and love on TV. In this book Mulder only opens his mouth to fire off lame wisecracks and Scully is boring and bland. Don't even get me started on the rest of the characters. The only reason I even bothered to finish the book was to confirm it didn't get any better. I've read X-Files fanfic on the Internet that surpasses this book in every way (plot, characterization, dialog, and writing). This book is complete brain candy... but it doesn't even taste good. Disappointing. (No, I don't write fanfic, in case you're wondering.)

Burn it!, June 14, 1999
By A Customer
The plot of this book moves very slowly as the author seems more interesting in introducing Maya to us than moving the plot forward. You keep asking yourself: What's the purpose this scene? Why the hell are they doing that? The book is a great disappointment considering the amount of praise that's been heaped onto the book. I'm glad I borrowed this book from a library and didn't blow any money on it.
ImageImage

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Okay, so (some) people don't like what Keith's
done in other people's universes.

Maybe they'll like his original stuff ?

Amazon Customer Reviews
Hidden Empire: The Saga of Seven Suns - Book #1
Kevin J. Anderson

For 10 yr. olds it could be good writing, August 12, 2003
By Ronin "ronin32" (New Castle, DE USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden Empire: The Saga of Seven Suns, Book 1 (Hardcover)
Maybe I'm a little too picky. I'm in my 30's and was looking for a good epic book, something like Wingrove, Niven, or Stephen Donaldson. Those are high standards, I admit. The more I read this book (I'm around page 350) the more fascinating it is to me how awful the writing is. At first I wanted to be polite and circumspect in my criticism, but now I'm sick of it.

The character development is so-so, the action is horrible! Major huge turning points are literally dealt with in about 10-12 sentences (or less) and bam!... onto the next scene. There is not one iota of wonder, grandeur, "space opera" or any of that. It could be an interesting universe, but the writing just kills it (as another reviewer said). The dialogue is something a high-schooler might write "I'm very eager to see your shipyard, ambassador!" or "Wow, this is the most amazing archaeological find ever!" are examples of the kind of things you'll find in here. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, b/c there are plenty of books accessible to young readers that are very well-written.

Good idea done very badly, September 28, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Hidden Empire: The Saga of Seven Suns, Book 1 (Hardcover)
In the opening of this book, we are treated to the concept of a Jovian planet with both a methane atmosphere and pockets of breathable oxygen. Not anywhere in the universe does this happen, sorry. Chemically impossible, Luke at Bespin not withstanding.

At another point we are told that light takes "decades" to cross the galaxy. Thousands of decades, I think.

SF requires "willing suspension of disbelief" and stuff like this, every dozen pages or so, will just slap anyone with any kind of education across the face a bit too often for that to succeed.

Now, maybe, if Mr. Anderson had the energy of a Doc Smith or the invention of a Larry Niven, or the sheer "sense of wonder" of Edgar Rice Burroughs, one wouldn't notice all the silliness as one raced through the story. But this book is neither fast-paced or inventive. So the errors are the most memorable part of the book.

A poor Star Wars wannabe with no characterization or particular literary skill. A good story setup, done very badly.

For younger readers wanting a good story, and not too critical of science or writing, try Galactic Patrol, Niven's "Known Space", or A Princess of Mars. There's a reason these are still in print many decades later. This one won't be.

Just terrible, November 19, 2003
By "jgrass39" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden Empire (The Saga of the Seven Suns, Book 1) (Mass Market Paperback)
I just had the unpleasant experience of finishing this book last night. It is without a doubt one of the worse sci-fi books I have read in a long time (of course I've been reading a lot of Greg Egan, so that is a fairly high bar to go against). I've never read Anderson before, but you can see that writing all of the star wars books have really killed his creativity. The book is long for the sake of being long, he introduces far too many characters to make the book seem more epic, and he gives the characters over the top personalities to differentiate them. None of these ideas are new (a half dozen other sci-fi books talk about gas giant dwellers), and frankly the softness of the science is simply too much (inter-species breeding, come on!). Plus the revelations at the end of the book are obvious after about page 50.

Depressing, November 24, 2004
By Marlowe (Bayonne, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hidden Empire (The Saga of the Seven Suns, Book 1) (Mass Market Paperback)
It's depressing that a writer with the obvious lack of talent of Kevin Anderson is obviously making a mint of money. It's also depressing that the hard science fiction scene is at such a low ebb that I, a sci-fi fan for more than 40 years, picked up this book to satisfy my habit although being well aware of the level of Mr. Anderson's talents from the abominable Dune sequels.

Despite some interesting plot concepts, this novel is truly awful. The numerous faults of this novel have been previously mentioned: dialogue that could be bettered by Doc Smith, characters that are (almost to a man, woman, or alien) denser than Forrest Gump, and chapters that cut faster than an MTV video. And while I have never required (and actually tend to dislike) the elaborate scientific explanations for future technology that often accompanied Golden Age sci-fi (when many authors were moonlighting scientists), the utter ridiculousness of an open decked ship in the atmosphere of a gas giant made my eyes goggle.

what a horrible writing style..., August 8, 2009
By shapri@av.co.il (Tel-Aviv, Israel) - See all my reviews
I read a lot of trash books - specifically scifi and fantasy. nobody can accuse me of having good taste with these sorts of books. This book however, stands out. It was increasingly hard to concentrate on the story because thw writing style is that of a very bad computer game dialog or plot writer. It was almost physicallypainful to read. it is one of the only books i stopped reading in the middle in the past 20 years. it was that bad.

Short Story in Novel Form, October 24, 2008
By J. Martin -
Seriously over-written book. Should be overwritten. Entire worlds and characters are included that do little to nothing in moving the plot forward.
This is a story I wanted to like...Sad read.

Not for adults and/or fans of science., July 16, 2007
By Dr. Benway "The Doctor" (Florida)

This book should have a big Day-Glo "Fantasy - Young Adult" sticker on the cover and be shelved in the children's book section. Anderson has some great ideas, but executes them poorly with vapid prose, irritatingly stupid (as in clueless) characters and junk science. For example, it is generally accepted that one cannot raise pigeons on the open-air deck of a habitat orbiting a gas giant planet. It is also improbable that humans would use a fusion-drive mode of interstellar transport when they are able to generate wormholes with the ability to suck up a neutron star and deposit it anywhere they choose. Why not just vacuum up a Wal-Mart and some birds and stick 'em in orbit around some distant star's version of Jupiter? Also, humans would probably not need to rely on the quantum telepathy of alien trees to communicate instantaneously across the galaxy.
It is also unlikely that a fusion powered engine would have a turbocharger.
In each of the 115 chapters in this 441 page book (each 2 to 3 page chapter boldly labeled with the character it is about to chronicle, ostensibly to aid any reader with very poor short-term memory,) most of the nouns and verbs are modified with an adjective - 'deeply aware' 'beloved forest' 'beatific face' "soft mists, green gases, and swirling currents' 'indelible tatoos' 'carefully potted' etc. - leaving the impression that Anderson consulted his Creative Writing 101 textbook and a thesaurus several times per sentence. His character's experiences are similarly modified in a 1950's B-movie poster 'thrill of panic' style that quickly becomes tedious and tiring to read. The reason this book is getting one star instead of none is because it has an end, and upon further contemplation it should probably not be in the children's book section, where it might give some aspiring young writer the idea to pen something as equally irritating, although that would be quite a feat.
Did I mention the stardrives have turbochargers?

so after all of this, I guess I'm most amazed at the energy & imagination
of the SandChigger, to put up and maintain all these amazon customer
sockpuppets, and to post all the biased, KJA-hating diatribes for so many
years.

(and this is by no means all the sweet KJA-hate to found @ amazon ...)
ImageImage

smugetsu

Post by smugetsu »

Good find, Rider of the Sands.

I'm very happy to discover that the fans of other series the Anderjacket has butchered aren't afraid to speak out about his poor writing and lack of character development (and so on, you don't have all night to sit and allow me to list his countless flaws). One can hope that these people will never buy a KJA "book" again.

I seriously wonder about the state of book publishing these days. After all, if KJA can half-ass novels and edit them himself, shouldn't I be able to get published?
rain_maker

Post by rain_maker »

For a real laugh, take a look at all of the reviews of his Seven Suns "books".

The real comedy is found in the difference between the reviews for the first book vs. the reviews for books 3 through 7. It appears that anyone with an ounce of common sense absolutely panned the first book, some quite viciously, and (obviously?) didn't bother with any more, while the Special Treehouse members have absolutely filled the reviews for books 3 through 7 with glowing 5 star shill reviews which copy the dust jacket.

It's particularly funny because JKA will be giving out free lunch boxes to all the shill reviewers of books 3 through 7, yet his sales should be going in the toilet because, really, who is going to buy the first book in the series with all of the honest reviews it has received? It shouldn't matter that book 7 of 7 has a 4.5 star rating because no one is going to get past book 1, or even buy book 1 for that matter.

edit: I simul-posted with SandRider's Seven Suns quotes, above. Please do compare those with the Special Treehouse reviews of the later books in the series.
I had no idea that there were this many Frank Herbert fans left alive, what with the head exploding horror that is the KJA/BH atrocity.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

At another point we are told that light takes "decades" to cross the galaxy. Thousands of decades, I think.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :doh:

This SEALS IT! The fucking idiot has no understanding at all of the size of the galaxy/universe and/or the speed of the speed of light! Considering galactic distances are measured in lightyears, I would think the amount of time it takes light to cross 100,000 lightyears would be relatively simple to calculate!! :lol:

This truly explains why KJA thought it was possible for that Omnius signal to travel for 10K years and somehow end up at the outer reaches of the galaxy/scattering!

RedBugPest - You officially and undeniably LOOSE. There is no rationalizing the omnius signal mistake, because KJA simply and truly doesn't even know it was a mistake! And his own writing proved it!

Oh, man, I'm going to be laughing inside for HOURS. Thank you for bringing that to me SandRider!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

My personal favorite is still TheKevin's ill-advised foray into Starcraft-land. He probably thought he could just half-ass it; after all, they're just Starcraft fans, right?

Bzzzzzzzt! Wrong answer, Keith!

http://www.amazon.com/StarCraft-Shadow- ... 57&sr=1-18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fun stuff! :dance: :lol: :clap:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
lotek

Post by lotek »

"Wow, this is the most amazing archaeological find ever my dear Sandrider!"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I must have read "Do, there is no try" at least 500 times in this awful series. the man needs serious help.
again...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oh crap
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Do there is no try"
maybe that explains a lot how his books can summon such comments, he does books but never tries to write them properly!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :doh:

This SEALS IT! The fucking idiot has no understanding at all of the size of the galaxy/universe and/or the speed of the speed of light! Considering galactic distances are measured in lightyears, I would think the amount of time it takes light to cross 100,000 lightyears would be relatively simple to calculate!! :lol:

This truly explains why KJA thought it was possible for that Omnius signal to travel for 10K years and somehow end up at the outer reaches of the galaxy/scattering!
Comcast has The Universe On-Demand and I watched "Light Speed" the other day.
From Sun to Earth: 8 min
Earth to Moon: 1.5 min
Earth to the Kuiper Belt: 28 hrs

KJA, you are a fucking moron.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

10 to one odds one of his lurkers mentions this and the next Dune books will have something that mentions how long it really takes light to get from here to there, but that Omnius' probes went through a wormhole and that's how they got there so fast.

Enough of the nuDune series has been co-opted from our complaints that Jacurutu should get partial credit for authoring them.

I love reading those reviews. I might have to scan through a copy of his 7suns series just so i can post a good old fashioned rant on that page. nahh I waste enough time on nuDune.

2 Days ago we sold the second copy of Winds. that leaves 10 from our original shipment. I give it 4 months till you see it on bargain racks for $5.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

man, I'm serious, I think you can get a copy of every book he's
ever had his paws in on amazon for less than ten bucks, total.

I am not bullshitting about boxes of his used Star Wars books
for a penny apiece ...
Last edited by SandRider on 02 Sep 2009 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Thanks for posting those reviews. Gave me a good laugh at work. It looks like TheKJA hasn't improved as a write in at least 15 or more years.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

We should catalog all these reviews, as well as the "positive" ones, for future reference. All the preeq arguments should have a handy rebuttal, since all their points are pretty much the same bullshit again and again, so there shouldn't be need for us to repeat ourselves as well.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

that's what this thread does, in a way.

here is a random selection of people not part of jacurutu,
giving 1 star reviews for Keith's books that are not Dune-related.

so the argument that all KJA-haters are organized Outcast pissed off
because he "dared to write in Frank's universe" is invalid.

everybody hates Keith !
ImageImage

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I think the reason KJA and others can say we're so few is because we literally seem to have only two sites (Chig's blog and here).

At least another place would be helpful (updated Omph review site?), with these reviews organized as a showcase. You're right that this thread does the job, but then there's also the old one on Starcraft book reviews and so on, so they should all be put together. Ideally in a place other than a thread on a forum everyone claims is full of hecklers that run you out.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

SandRider wrote:that's what this thread does, in a way.

here is a random selection of people not part of jacurutu,
giving 1 star reviews for Keith's books that are not Dune-related.

so the argument that all KJA-haters are organized Outcast pissed off
because he "dared to write in Frank's universe" is invalid.

everybody hates Keith !
What's gratifying about those reviews is that they pretty much say *exactly* what we have all been saying about Keith's writing. I.e. He can't do it. At all.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
rain_maker

Post by rain_maker »

While reading the reviews of the Hack's StarCraft book (thanks SandRider) I came across these two reviews and thought to myself, this seems incredibly familiar:
Straight out of the StarCraft manual, August 29, 2001
By N. Robinson "zealot69" (Hutto, TX United States)

This book was a huge disappointment. Most of the descriptions of the various military units and weapons come word for word right out of the StarCraft user's manual. Various inconsistencies with the game appear (Zealots fall dead rather than vanish, Reavers are somehow able to transport units, etc) and the battles read more like a StarCraft battle report than a description of what is relevant to the story. It reads as though it was written quickly without much in the way of creative input. The author's spin on several of the characters is not true to the game designers' design, and the ending destroys the impact of most of the battles. The co-authors of this book state in their bio that they have worked in many universes...Star Wars, Star Trek, Dune, etc. It shows in this book, because it feels that they have neither played StarCraft or done much research into it. It feels that this book was written to profit on the StarCraft franchise, rather than to entertain the people who enjoy it .
and
WHAT?! Are these reviewers crazy?!, August 22, 2001
By "residentjay" (Tampa, FL)

How can you give this book 3 or 4 stars, unless you were being paid to give it a good review?! Let's get this straight, you can't learn anything about Starcraft from this book. This book isn't a real Starcraft book. It's also written like it's done by a seventh grader. The first book was okay, but this book "Shadow of the Xel'Naga" was a waste of time. There was also NOTHING about the Xel'Naga! Want to know how stupid and comic book-like this book was? Here's an example. (spoiler) >>>> The characters who died come back to life in the end for a stupid happy ending because, they weren't really dead -- although they got absorbed and digested to become nothing!
It's like the Hack writes off of a template and just inputs the name of the franchise and the character names into the appropriate blanks. It's like "hacking by numbers", for idiots.

Spooky.
I had no idea that there were this many Frank Herbert fans left alive, what with the head exploding horror that is the KJA/BH atrocity.
rain_maker

Post by rain_maker »

OH ... MY ... GOD!

The Hack's reputation has gotten so bad that he writes under a pseudonym!
Anderson dreck, May 21, 2007
By Shi-Hsia Hwa (Madison, WI, USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
I've read the first and second (this) StarCraft novels and I wish Blizzard would stop hiring lousy writers, as they do such good stories for the games that it's a great pity to waste the novels. Granted, I don't like Kevin J. Anderson ("Gabriel Mesta") anyway, but I didn't know it was his pseudonym at the time I read this book. It's even worse than his Young Jedi Knights stuff.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

rain_maker wrote:OH ... MY ... GOD!

The Hack's reputation has gotten so bad that he writes under a pseudonym!
Anderson dreck, May 21, 2007
By Shi-Hsia Hwa (Madison, WI, USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
I've read the first and second (this) StarCraft novels and I wish Blizzard would stop hiring lousy writers, as they do such good stories for the games that it's a great pity to waste the novels. Granted, I don't like Kevin J. Anderson ("Gabriel Mesta") anyway, but I didn't know it was his pseudonym at the time I read this book. It's even worse than his Young Jedi Knights stuff.
A hack by any other name is still a hack.