A macro-view of the GP

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

TheDukester

Re: A macro-view of the GP

Post by TheDukester »

Norma Cenva wrote: but is it that important to you?
Getting the correct words to match up with who actually said them? Yeah, let's go ahead and agree that's just a bit important ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

hey, Norma, if you did that, I'm sorry for the Fail & AIDS thing -
(I've just been dying to post that !)

I thought it was our nut-job & you had quoted him misquoting Serk,
because he's had a problem using the "quote" button - wait, or was
that Conway ?

goddamnit ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

^^^ Also good reasons to use the quote function properly; once it becomes unraveled, it's a tangled ball of yarn that's difficult to unravel.

The same thing is happening right now with the gigantic Amazon thread. I've lost the plot on who is quoting whom, so I've punted on the whole discussion.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

TheDukester wrote:^^^ Also good reasons to use the quote function properly; once it becomes unraveled, it's a tangled ball of yarn that's difficult to unravel.

The same thing is happening right now with the gigantic Amazon thread. I've lost the plot on who is quoting whom, so I've punted on the whole discussion.

well, what I think happened was: SandChigger said Brian Conway had cooties,
but he said it in a whisper to me, and David James heard it and thought we
were talking about him, so he was like, OMG! you bitches, and then got
up during the spirit rally and said Chigger's pussy smelled funny, which isn't his
fault, anyway, but then I said, look here, fucknuts, we weren't even talking about
you but by then he'd already ran to Keith and said we were "cyberbullying"
him and then
:cat fight:

but David James was all like
:tissue2:

and I was like :lol:

and Chig was like :dance:

and everybody else was like :doh:

but then I was like :whistle:

and just walked away ...
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

The above post is made of pure awesomeness. :clap:
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Norma Cenva

Post by Norma Cenva »

TheDukester wrote:
Norma Cenva wrote: but is it that important to you?
Getting the correct words to match up with who actually said them? Yeah, let's go ahead and agree that's just a bit important ...
yeah well, it's also kinda important not to point your finger at someone for messing up a quote, when someone just tried to use the quote-function properly but in all her innocense has done something wrong. it's kinda accusing to say someone "messed up " your quote, and kinda rude too to post it just like that, like i did something terribly wrong, like taking a ghola out of a axolotl tank too early or something ;)
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

again, I'm sorry -
I was attacking "semuta", a known douchebag ....

He's full of Fail & AIDS ....
ImageImage

Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Norma Cenva wrote:oops i'm sorry, i just pressed the "quote" button. didn't know what went wrong. but is it that important to you? cuz i don't really care who said it, only what it is that is being said.
It cares to me because its utter garbage that this lunatic posts on this forum and I am i no way in agreement with those statements. Please change it.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Norma Cenva wrote:
semuta wrote:This means something different if you have studied human spiritual traditions that were an influence of Franks thinking behind the introduction of these plot elements. The serpent urea on the brow of an Egyptian pharoahs forehead represents Set (also known Sukhet) the shadow god. A pharoah represents the Sun (god) so he is allowed to turn his back on the Sun to look at the people who are worshipping him/her & the Sun (facing East). When he does this he is looking into his own shadow, which falls upon the people. This relates the concept to Karma. Another aspect of this teaching is that the midday Sun, when it is directly above our head, means that the shadow is most concentrated beneath our feet. This is where our karma trips us up; when we are directly beneath God (Sun). All of these contexts are fundamental to Egyptian spirituality and pharoahnic culture. Being a desert civilisation I had assumed that Fremen would have similar ideals, hence the subtle mention of Sarfa in the appendix.

What Leto does is he teaches humanity to commit Sarfa.

Dancing, moving our feet to avoid those pesky snakes of karma that keep tripping us. Dancing wild, non-rhythmic, that they cannot second guess our movements and lay in wait.
This is Sheeana's path.
that's my view of it too. that's why it's so important that Duncan turns his back on him also. And ofcourse the very nature of why the worms listen to Sheeana. As Odrade found out: it's a language.
Leto wanted humankind to be able to turn their backs on him. When a tyrant like Leot is no longer needed, the Golden Pathway has succeeded.
...now back to Bullet, already in progress...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Thank you.

and wrote a Dune Novel."
semuta

Post by semuta »

Norma Cenva wrote:that's my view of it too. that's why it's so important that Duncan turns his back on him also. And ofcourse the very nature of why the worms listen to Sheeana. As Odrade found out: it's a language.
Leto wanted humankind to be able to turn their backs on him. When a tyrant like Leot is no longer needed, the Golden Pathway has succeeded.
:whistle:
That's how I wrote the novel, wanting you to participate with the best of your own imagination. I did not aim for the lowest common denominator and 'write down" to anyone. You and I have a compact and my responsibility is to entertain you as richly as possible, always giving you as much extra as I can. I assume you are intelligent and will enlist your own imagination. You'll see that when you read the Dune excerpt and the other stories in this collection.
FH, Intro to Eye
semuta

Post by semuta »

Not really, my last std test was clean & I have already achieved everything i set out to do already by the age of 30, so all the rest is a bonus. Nice comic though :) Now my biggest problem is deciding which groupy to have kids with.. methinks, both of the dark ones :D

ftr you don't die of aids, you die of illnesses, auto-immuno deficiency syndrome is not a disease its a description of what happens when your immunity system is shot to fuck, for example what happens when you take vaccinations and eat a high sugar diet, also certain other chemicals in your food, and of course the nasties they put in chemtrails. REally you would have a more fulfilling existence lobbying your government about these issues than insulting some dweeb you took a fancy to on a website, but the government will probably ignore you too wheras the people on websites just shake their heads and thank their lucky stars they don't live your sad pathetic nonlives.

thanks for the boost Norma Cenva! if you want to have an intellignet conversation about Dune that doesn't involved pretards then give me a shout by pm, there's an alternate dune site I know of exclusively for real people.
That's how I wrote the novel, wanting you to participate with the best of your own imagination. I did not aim for the lowest common denominator and 'write down" to anyone. You and I have a compact and my responsibility is to entertain you as richly as possible, always giving you as much extra as I can. I assume you are intelligent and will enlist your own imagination. You'll see that when you read the Dune excerpt and the other stories in this collection.
FH, Intro to Eye
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

semuta wrote:
Not really, my last std test was clean & I have already achieved everything i set out to do already by the age of 30, so all the rest is a bonus. Nice comic though :) Now my biggest problem is deciding which groupy to have kids with.. methinks, both of the dark ones :D

ftr you don't die of aids, you die of illnesses, auto-immuno deficiency syndrome is not a disease its a description of what happens when your immunity system is shot to fuck, for example what happens when you take vaccinations and eat a high sugar diet, also certain other chemicals in your food, and of course the nasties they put in chemtrails. REally you would have a more fulfilling existence lobbying your government about these issues than insulting some dweeb you took a fancy to on a website, but the government will probably ignore you too wheras the people on websites just shake their heads and thank their lucky stars they don't live your sad pathetic nonlives.

thanks for the boost Norma Cenva! if you want to have an intellignet conversation about Dune that doesn't involved pretards then give me a shout by pm, there's an alternate dune site I know of exclusively for real people.
http://WWW.DUNENOVELS.COM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

semuta wrote:thanks for the boost Norma Cenva! if you want to have an intellignet conversation about Dune that doesn't involved pretards then give me a shout by pm, there's an alternate dune site I know of exclusively for real people.
Just stop right there. Everyone. The personal insults need to stop, this means everyone. I created this site for that purpose and regardless of their foilbles you'll not fin[d] more knowledgable Dune minds anywhere else.

Y'all need to stop acting like children and remember why we're here.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
semuta

Post by semuta »

first to say that yes i said some nasty things back there, and bites my lip about issues of who started such childishness.

I am here purely for 1 reason and that is to discuss dune with dune fans.

thanks for interceding freakzilla it was necessary.
FH, Intro to Eye
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Freakzilla wrote:
semuta wrote:thanks for the boost Norma Cenva! if you want to have an intellignet conversation about Dune that doesn't involved pretards then give me a shout by pm, there's an alternate dune site I know of exclusively for real people.
Just stop right there. Everyone. The personal insults need to stop, this means everyone. I created this site for that purpose and regardless of their foilbles you'll not fine more knowledgable Dune minds anywhere else.

Y'all need to stop acting like children and remember why we're here.
damn.
goddamnit.

do you know how BAD I want to post that
"wash your filthy vagina" poster right now ?

but I won't.
I've been bad, I know.

no cookie.

dammit.
ImageImage

semuta

Post by semuta »

serkanner wrote: http://WWW.DUNENOVELS.COM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't do prequals, nor sequals, in fact I wont touch anything that has kevin anderson involvement.
I am a fan of Frank Herbert's Dune. I like my spice pure and raw.
Thanks for the link though.
:dance:
FH, Intro to Eye
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

semuta wrote:first to say that yes i said some nasty things back there, and bites my lip about issues of who started such childishness.

I am here purely for 1 reason and that is to discuss dune with dune fans.

thanks for interceding freakzilla it was necessary.
I can't speak for the other members but I am always willing to discuss Dune, no matter what side of the fence you are on. This petty bickering doesn't help our cause at all.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Neither does allowing a known wingnut to post total bullshit.

If I see an error in what is being posted, whether it's about Dune or anything else, I'm going to reply. If that is unacceptable, then you'd best ban me now.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Neither does allowing a known wingnut to post total bullshit.
If I dissallowed that there wouldn't be anyone here.
If I see an error in what is being posted, whether it's about Dune or anything else, I'm going to reply. If that is unacceptable, then you'd best ban me now.
Comment on the error, not the person.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Freakzilla wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Neither does allowing a known wingnut to post total bullshit.
If I dissallowed that there wouldn't be anyone here.
I resemble that remark.

Chiggy just sounds a little irritable this morning.
or whatever the hell day it is over there.

give him a minute to click thru some of the bullshit I've posted today ...
ImageImage

Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

semuta wrote:
serkanner wrote: http://WWW.DUNENOVELS.COM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't do prequals, nor sequals, in fact I wont touch anything that has kevin anderson involvement.
As if you haven't been a member there already. Perhaps you should stop lying about a number of things. Makes you more acceptable to "discuss" with. From a number of posts it has become utterly clear you mess up Dune with either scenes from the 1984 movie or the McDune books. I have had enough of your crap.

and wrote a Dune Novel."
semuta

Post by semuta »

Serkanner wrote:
semuta wrote:
As if you haven't been a member there already. Perhaps you should stop lying about a number of things. Makes you more acceptable to "discuss" with. From a number of posts it has become utterly clear you mess up Dune with either scenes from the 1984 movie or the McDune books. I have had enough of your crap.
A simple question about logic for you.
How do you read one thing and come to the conclusion about something else?
I did not either admit to or deny that I had an account on dune novels forum, so how is it that you are accusing me of lying? That's more than an assumption and a loss of logic; thats a strawman fallacy. You are revealing signs of cognitive dissonance Serkanner. You have failed your mentat training.

You are also lying, most likely to yourself; because if you had genuinely had enough of me you would not even bother posting messages to me, quoting me. Please try and read my statement not as a personal attack on you (it can be difficult to understand the intended tone in forums) but as a suggestion that you try using some other response than anger and resentment when dealing with people. It will get you much further in life. You might even be happier. People might give a damn. You could also try talking about Dune for once considering this is after all a Dune forum and not a Hate forum.
FH, Intro to Eye
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

semuta wrote:You could also try talking about Dune for once considering this is after all a Dune forum and not a Hate forum.
Neither is it a forum for the promulgation of New Age BULLSHIT.

FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE and try discussing Dune without all that other crap.
semuta

Post by semuta »

Since the golden pathway is designed to make sure humanity can never be exterminated wholesale; if there are factors emerging from the scattering that Leto could not perceive, that would threaten the whole entire species even after the scattering, what could these be? And why would Leto not have seen them? Do events and incidents in the latter books suggest that this is happening?
FH, Intro to Eye