Mark all as read

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

mrpsbrk

Mark all as read

Post by mrpsbrk »

Man, i know it might be difficult, but is there a way to make a "Mark all as read" in forums, just like Google Reader has? I mean, there are some topics i simply will not read, thank you, and it would really be easier to navigate if i could get those out of my view... Probably not gonna happen, i know, but if there is a BB plugin to do that it would be much appreciated.

Thanks anyway,
Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
A Thing of Eternity

Re: Mark all as read

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

This option is already there, but you have to scroll down to the bottom of all the posts to see it (on the right side) - at least, this is how it is for me in my theme, it used to be on the top with my old theme.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Yeah, it's on the main index page.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

If you're using 610nm it's not on the main index page, it's on each forum page. The guy who created 610nm fixed that, but you'd have to install the newest version of the template.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

On some themes it is not there. Im not sure which theme you are using. Word is that all themes in phpbb 3 are based either on subsilver 2 or prosilver. One of them has the link, the other does not. If you want to have the link, then switch to a theme that has it. It will always be marked the way you indicated, and it is not the same as "clear all cookies" which is on most of the themes.

Sorry, but there is no easy way to fix that other than to switch themes. I have read that phpbb is aware of the problem and they are working to fix all themes, but have not done it yet.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

How about an option to have all posts marked as read upon logging out? Another board I visit does this, and it's a wonderfully quick way to just mark the threads you have no intention of actually opening, ever.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Mandy wrote:If you're using 610nm it's not on the main index page, it's on each forum page. The guy who created 610nm fixed that, but you'd have to install the newest version of the template.
Is it possible to get the update here? :shifty:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Rakis wrote:
Mandy wrote:If you're using 610nm it's not on the main index page, it's on each forum page. The guy who created 610nm fixed that, but you'd have to install the newest version of the template.
Ill put it on the list

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:
Rakis wrote:
Ill put it on the list

:bow-yellow:
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Omphalos wrote:
Rakis wrote:
Ill put it on the list

That list is getting mighty long isn't it? ;)
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
mrpsbrk

Post by mrpsbrk »

oops, found it, actually, it was remarkably easy to find, i feel kinda noob right now, sorry you folks :oops:
Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

mrpsbrk wrote:oops, found it, actually, it was remarkably easy to find, i feel kinda noob right now, sorry you folks :oops:
What theme are you using? :)