I want to vote

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Phaedrus

Re: I want to vote

Post by Phaedrus »

GamePlayer wrote:I've never been able to reconcile abortion. I don't believe anyone else has either, we just choose sides because we have to be decisive as moral, well-adjusted people (*chortle*). I've never heard any pro-life/pro-choice argument stand up to scrutiny and I think I've heard them all. Ultimately the issue is one of mankind's existential dilemmas. Your freedom or your life. Smarter people than you couldn't solve it, so good luck :)
Actually, smarter people than you solved it a long time ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Defense_of_Abortion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There aren't many arguments that work against it.

Besides, I don't think I want to live in a world where women are forced to carry every pregnancy to term. It makes women eternally submissive to and dependent upon men, and does the world really need that many unwanted children?

I don't understand why, in our era, we raise so-called moral questions that have never existed in history. Abortion wasn't considered murder until conservative Christianity declared it to be in the last century or so, which is ridiculous. We've been aborting fetuses without moral qualms for thousands of years, and then some assholes dig up a Bible verse and declare it evil, because they don't want their women running around being equal and such.

Being against abortion is complete and utter sexist bullshit, period. It's never been about the life of the fetus, and it never will be.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
A Thing of Eternity

Re: I want to vote

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Phaedrus wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:I've never been able to reconcile abortion. I don't believe anyone else has either, we just choose sides because we have to be decisive as moral, well-adjusted people (*chortle*). I've never heard any pro-life/pro-choice argument stand up to scrutiny and I think I've heard them all. Ultimately the issue is one of mankind's existential dilemmas. Your freedom or your life. Smarter people than you couldn't solve it, so good luck :)
Actually, smarter people than you solved it a long time ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Defense_of_Abortion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There aren't many arguments that work against it.

Besides, I don't think I want to live in a world where women are forced to carry every pregnancy to term. It makes women eternally submissive to and dependent upon men, and does the world really need that many unwanted children?

I don't understand why, in our era, we raise so-called moral questions that have never existed in history. Abortion wasn't considered murder until conservative Christianity declared it to be in the last century or so, which is ridiculous. We've been aborting fetuses without moral qualms for thousands of years, and then some assholes dig up a Bible verse and declare it evil, because they don't want their women running around being equal and such.

Being against abortion is complete and utter sexist bullshit, period. It's never been about the life of the fetus, and it never will be.
Sometimes I really enjoy your posts. :D