Iranian Elections

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

GamePlayer
70mm God

Re: Iranian Elections

Post by GamePlayer »

Oh yeah, I saw this smear campaign coming like tomorrow morning. I can just imagine the minutes from an Iranian political junket:

Iranian Politician #1: Look fellas, the word is getting out on fucking Twitter!
Iranian Politician #2: We need some way to deflect the hatred flying around. Something credible.
Iranian Politician #1: I know! Let's blame the U.S. for tampering! Everyone hates them anyway.
Ahmadinejad: Brilliant! Bring me another Mai Tai!
"

:puke:
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

GamePlayer wrote:Oh yeah, I saw this smear campaign coming like tomorrow morning. I can just imagine the minutes from an Iranian political junket:

Iranian Politician #2: We need some way to deflect the hatred flying around. Something credible.
Iranian Politician #1: I know! Let's blame the U.S. for tampering! Everyone hates them anyway.
"

:lol: Makes perfect sense to me.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:i have a feeling its going to be put down quickly and harshly and wont really have a chance to get rolling. But we shall see.
Ditto...they'll have a recount and say they were indeed a few mistakes but nothing major and that's it...just enough for the world opinion to get confuse...
bgscholar

Post by bgscholar »

GamePlayer wrote:Oh yeah, I saw this smear campaign coming like tomorrow morning. I can just imagine the minutes from an Iranian political junket:

"

Admadinejad: Make that a virgin Mai Tai!! Spooty no drinking rule....
"Even Dune's historians were shockingly slow to recognize that the real Dune story is Jessica's."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:lol:
Phaedrus

Post by Phaedrus »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Who knew they were paying attention and actually learned something from Dubya. :shock:
I wish we could say the same for Obama, at least GW stood up to N. Korea. Obama's going to wait until they nuke California.
And you care about California why? :wink:
Obama should be doing more. he should be, at the very least, asking them to aim for Alabama. :wink:
SandChigger wrote:You never did like Phaedrus, did you? :(
Oh, thanks, Thing. I see how it is.

Not like it matters. Alabama doesn't have any targets culturally or economically important enough to be the target of a nuclear strike. We're safe because no one would give a shit if we got nuked.
You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Phaedrus wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Who knew they were paying attention and actually learned something from Dubya. :shock:
I wish we could say the same for Obama, at least GW stood up to N. Korea. Obama's going to wait until they nuke California.
Obama should be doing more. he should be, at the very least, asking them to aim for Alabama. :wink:

Not like it matters. Alabama doesn't have any targets culturally or economically important enough to be the target of a nuclear strike. We're safe because no one would give a shit if we got nuked.
Wasn't aware you had the misfortune of being from Alabama! My apologies.

The city I grew up in (Edmonton Alberta) was supposedly in the top 10 cities to nuke for the USSR because of our refineries. Remember, just because where you live is lame, doesn't mean there aren't any good reasons to nuke it!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Phaedrus wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

Wasn't aware you had the misfortune of being from Alabama! My apologies.

The city I grew up in (Edmonton Alberta) was supposedly in the top 10 cities to nuke for the USSR because of our refineries. Remember, just because where you live is lame, doesn't mean there aren't any good reasons to nuke it!
My little area must be on that list somewhere. We were (and still are) in the midst of 4 military bases/camps/posts.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I meant to say Hawaii above... sorry. Not that there aren't millions of reasons to nuke CA. :P

I'm suprised the protests have gone on this long in Iran... but not suprised it took this long and an internet video of a dying girl to get Mr. Obama to express his sentiments. Whatever he thinks will make him the most popular...

I can't help but wonder how much of a role the internet played in preventing the Revolutionary Guard from implimenting a total crackdown on dissent.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Somebody on the news was commenting that the Internet was shut down but only for a short period of time (in Iran I mean). They can't keep it down because it is necessary for so many things; it would be like shutting down electricity. Presumably then the Internet has played quite a large role in this.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I saw a story on the news about an Iranian TV station that's broadcast from California. Reportedly, just before the election they sent hundreds of pen video cameras over there.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Really? Wow, that was clever planning ahead.

I'm getting such a kick out of the official lines from the Iranian government. They've got this huge guilty sign wrapped around their necks and each instance of spin control only lends credence to their critics. I can't remember the last time a government looked this red-faced :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."