PLEASE READ ALL!!!!!

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

PLEASE READ ALL!!!!!

Post by Omphalos »

We made an adjustment to teh server clock today (that we apparently are going to have to look at again) that is creating an issue with post order. Until the server clock catches up with post times, which should be after 5:30ish tonight PST, your posts will be put in line before whatever you are responding to. We will try to get this fixed before. No guarantees though, so please just hold tight.

Thanks.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: PLEASE READ ALL!!!!!

Post by Freakzilla »

I noticed last night my posts were getting slipped in before previous posts, I just thought I had some leet ninja poster skillz.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Everything should be OK by now. We just had to wait a few hours for the server clock to catch up with the time franked onto the last posts. Now we are good to go.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

The time is still 2 hours behind.
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Tleszer wrote:The time is still 2 hours behind.
ditto
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

The board is set to PST. I doubt that its set for summer-time. And Im not sure what is up with the other hour. But remember, we messed with the server clock, not the board clock, and PHPbb has always had time franking issues. I have yet to see a board mark it correctly.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

What time is it?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

I have 2:12 on my computer. Which means I'm only three hours ahead of the board.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Eyes High wrote:I have 2:12 on my computer. Which means I'm only three hours ahead of the board.
Same here.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Well then you guys are right, because you are in Georgia and North Carolina. The server is in Washington State, which is three hours behind you guys.

My post says 4:07 pm, but its really 12:52 pm here. But then again, I am posting on a computer in CA (that has its own time) that goes through a network in Ohio (that has its own time) to a board in Washington State (that has its own time). Dont try too hard to figure this out. It'll just drive you nutty.

Although....I have a feeling that the Ohio network computer is 15 minutes fast, which would explain part of the difference. The other part is that Ohio in EST and I and the box that house Jacurutu is PST, which is where the three hours comes from.

Or whatever. :shifty:

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

In other words, if we want the correct time to show on our posts we should adjust out individual board time zones?
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

I can deal with that - Always wondered what it would be like to live in eastern Europe :P
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

DuneFishUK wrote:I can deal with that - Always wondered what it would be like to live in eastern Europe :P
Soon it will be just like living in the USA. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Omphalos wrote:Well then you guys are right, because you are in Georgia and North Carolina. The server is in Washington State, which is three hours behind you guys.

My post says 4:07 pm, but its really 12:52 pm here. But then again, I am posting on a computer in CA (that has its own time) that goes through a network in Ohio (that has its own time) to a board in Washington State (that has its own time). Dont try too hard to figure this out. It'll just drive you nutty.

Although....I have a feeling that the Ohio network computer is 15 minutes fast, which would explain part of the difference. The other part is that Ohio in EST and I and the box that house Jacurutu is PST, which is where the three hours comes from.

Or whatever. :shifty:

and around and around we go. (as long as the posts are posted the way we posted them, that's fine w/me) :think:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Tleszer

Post by Tleszer »

Now it looks between 1-2 minutes behind. Not bad!
DUNE, as interpreted by a blue man with a green tushie
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Nice one - Fix'd :D
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:I can deal with that - Always wondered what it would be like to live in eastern Europe :P
You mean a bright ray of sunshine and hope after years of oppression and pitiful government? Hey, I think we finally see eye-to-eye on something political! :wink:

Goodnight Golden Path!
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
You mean a bright ray of sunshine and hope after years of oppression and pitiful government? Hey, I think we finally see eye-to-eye on something political! :wink:
In your dreams...

the time period is ok for me now...Admiral Janeway went back to her sorry future... :lol: