My email address is now correct.

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Anytime. (When I can, at least. :) )

You know, I've heard that non-Arab Muslims have to learn to read at least some of the Qur'an in the original. And Jews living outside of Israel have to learn at least enough Hebrew to get through their bar or bat mitzvahs. But there's no injunction at all on Christians to be able to read their scriptures in the original languages.

I've always found that odd. ;)
orald

Post by orald »

Because compared with the other two shitfucked systems, Christianity has it easy. No circumcision(sp?), all God's creatures are free to eat and the worst gastronomic prohibition is the Lent(only for Chatolics though, right?), and even that you've circumvented.

Of course my system includes human sacrifices, so Judaism and Islam are a piece of cake.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Yeah, as a Christian I take forgranted the ease at which I can read the scriptures in my own langauge. And I know that by not knowing the original language and its meanings that I miss some of the message.

I remember that one of our Senior Saints at our church had taken the time to study Greek and Hebrew text as related to the Bible. I would love to sit and listen to her explain some of the passages. She is so wise, I wish she could come more often.

I need to go see her more often.

Well, to touch on the OP of this thread. I'm glad Freak's mail address is fixed and I hope Omph's will be soon.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.