I LOVE Michele Bachmann !

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SwordMaster
Freakbanned

I LOVE Michele Bachmann !

Post by SwordMaster »

Seriously this woman is as easy to look at as she is entertaining to listen to. She says crazy shit everyday but I just can't seem t o look away. Something about those blue eyes and crazy words just makes me wanna hit that.

Her her use of ghetto slang "You be da man!" to the only black guy in the party,

or her calls for a revolution or telling people she wants them "armed and dangerous"

I just cant get enough of hot old crazy congress womans!

Forget Palin, this chick should run in 2012 !
running mate: Glen Beck

Just get Rove on the team and thats a winner for sure.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

She makes me throb. :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Freakzilla wrote:She makes me throb. :P
I thought you would like her FZ, balls the size of church bells!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SwordMaster wrote:
Hell yeah! :D

How do you think she rides a bike? :wink:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Crysknife

Post by Crysknife »

Freakzilla wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:

Bike? She's a Republican....she drives a Hummer. :wink:
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Crysknife wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:

Bike? She's a Republican....she drives a Hummer. :wink:
...and it runs on kitten tears? :roll: :wink:
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Great find FZ.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

She used to hide around the Light Rail System here trying to spy on riders to prove that there were some who didn't pay when they used it. It ended up making twice as much as projected and that shut her up.

She is so hated around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area it's become a joke. Those fucking hicks north of here are making us all look bad. I love watching Chris Matthews rip her apart. He'd better be careful, God wanted her to run for office and he doesn't want to fuck with the will of God.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Nekhrun wrote:She used to hide around the Light Rail System here trying to spy on riders to prove that there were some who didn't pay when they used it. It ended up making twice as much as projected and that shut her up.
Seriously?
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Oh, so that's the ID freak down in Minnesota. I didn't know who it was until I read this topic and looked on the net for a bio. All I heard was a few years back there was some creationist politician down there trying to get ID into schools under the guise of an "alternate scientific theory". :roll:

Well, it's certainly entertaining with her around :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Can we start ranking threads as "Dune Novels Worthy"?
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

SandChigger wrote:Can we start ranking threads as "Dune Novels Worthy"?
LOL, this is the Politics sector! Guess you dont dig Michelle Bachmann eh Chigger?

I think she is yummy!

Is the transit story true?

Whats this about ID freakin in schools Gameplayer?
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Like I said, I'm not sure of the specifics. Years ago, I heard that when ID started to really get a buzz in popular media, there was some freak in Minnesota that was trying to get ID into the public school curriculum. I didn't even know the name or who it was, but reading the Wiki entry, it sounds like it was Bachmann.

Apparently, there was also an unsuccessful push to get ID into schools in some state in the US. I don't think Bachmann was involved, but that Thomas More Law Center (a litigious conservative fundamentalist institution) was apparently front and center in the controversy.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Sorry, a bit pale for my tastes. ;)
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

GamePlayer wrote:Like I said, I'm not sure of the specifics. Years ago, I heard that when ID started to really get a buzz in popular media, there was some freak in Minnesota that was trying to get ID into the public school curriculum. I didn't even know the name or who it was, but reading the Wiki entry, it sounds like it was Bachmann.

Apparently, there was also an unsuccessful push to get ID into schools in some state in the US. I don't think Bachmann was involved, but that Thomas More Law Center (a litigious conservative fundamentalist institution) was apparently front and center in the controversy.
And by ID you are refering to Intellegent Design. As in "God made the heaven and the earth, and god wanted light and then ther was light"

Yeah I find it beyond funny that any education would teach that as true science, do they even call it science? What class subject would it be taught in? Science class? Instead of evolution? Sad.

Chigger, I know what you mean about her needing a little sun, she could use a nice day at the beach for sure. Im more into the latin look myself.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Baraka Bryan wrote:intelligent design, if I remember correctly, doesn't necessarily mean God or creationism. It simply says that there must be some higher power that directed the origins of the universe because chance can't account for it.

I think it's a similar view to theistic evolution, which says a higher power or god started things going and then sat back and watched it unfold... i'm sure everyone's heard of the wind-up clock analogy.
Curious. Baraka, do you belive in ID then?
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

SwordMaster wrote:And by ID you are refering to Intellegent Design. As in "God made the heaven and the earth, and god wanted light and then ther was light"

Yeah I find it beyond funny that any education would teach that as true science, do they even call it science? What class subject would it be taught in? Science class? Instead of evolution? Sad.
Yes, that's the ID (Intelligent Design) I'm talking about :)

The attempted debate in certain political circles is whether ID should be given status as an acceptable alternative scientific theory. I say attempted because there really is no debate (scientifically), just a lot of confused politicians and policy makers who don't know a pyramid scheme when they see one. :)

ID is basically an attempt to pervert common wisdom by attacking prevailing scientific theories where they fail to offer the general public a definitive answer about the formation of life. In this case, ID attacks science wherever a "we don't know the answer yet" gap is found lies and proclaims a super being MUST be the answer, by default. In other words, ID blames science and scientists for lacking omniscience, for being merely human, and thus ID inserts an omnipotent to fill any gaps in human understanding. :roll:
Baraka Bryan wrote:intelligent design, if I remember correctly, doesn't necessarily mean God or creationism. It simply says that there must be some higher power that directed the origins of the universe because chance can't account for it.

I think it's a similar view to theistic evolution, which says a higher power or god started things going and then sat back and watched it unfold... i'm sure everyone's heard of the wind-up clock analogy.
Somehow I doubt ID supporters would approve if I substituted "the invisible, untouchable pink elephant that only I can see" for the "higher power" in ID's framework. Semantics aside, it's creationism.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:And by ID you are refering to Intellegent Design. As in "God made the heaven and the earth, and god wanted light and then ther was light"

Yes, that's the ID (Intelligent Design) I'm talking about :)

The attempted debate in certain political circles is whether ID should be given status as an acceptable alternative scientific theory. I say attempted because there really is no debate (scientifically), just a lot of confused politicians and policy makers who don't know a pyramid scheme when they see one. :)

ID is basically an attempt to pervert common wisdom by attacking prevailing scientific theories where they fail to offer the general public a definitive answer about the formation of life. In this case, ID attacks science wherever a "we don't know the answer yet" gap is found lies and proclaims a super being MUST be the answer, by default. In other words, ID blames science and scientists for lacking omniscience, for being merely human, and thus ID inserts an omnipotent to fill any gaps in human understanding. :roll:

Somehow I doubt ID supporters would approve if I substituted "the invisible, untouchable pink elephant that only I can see" for the "higher power" in ID's framework. Semantics aside, it's creationism.
what i mean is it's not creationism in the classical sense... ID doesn't necessarily imply the designer is the Judeo-Christian God, but rather, some higher power with creating abilities and not necessarily any sustaining actions after the fact. as for the elephant, I don't think they'd appreciate the sarcasm, but the concept is acceptable within ID, AFAIK.

and SM, no I'm not an ID proponent.
I'd classify myself as an old earth creationist... as in the wording of the creation story is not literal WRT timing and actual items created during a given period...
You're right it could be any higher power, but the ID they talk about putting into schools is Christian, which is ridiculous. It would be ridiculous to teach creation in schools anyways, regardless of religion, unless they gave all religions equal time, and pointed out that there is no real evidence for any of those so they are all equally plausible/implausible. Hence the church of the flying spagetti monster, and all the fantastic work they've been doing.

ID is a code word for Christian Creationism to try and sneak it past the people who watch for this kind of nonsense.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Open Letter To Kansas School Board

I am writing you with much concern after having read of your hearing to decide whether the alternative theory of Intelligent Design should be taught along with the theory of Evolution. I think we can all agree that it is important for students to hear multiple viewpoints so they can choose for themselves the theory that makes the most sense to them. I am concerned, however, that students will only hear one theory of Intelligent Design.

Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. It was He who created all that we see and all that we feel. We feel strongly that the overwhelming scientific evidence pointing towards evolutionary processes is nothing but a coincidence, put in place by Him.

It is for this reason that I’m writing you today, to formally request that this alternative theory be taught in your schools, along with the other two theories. In fact, I will go so far as to say, if you do not agree to do this, we will be forced to proceed with legal action. I’m sure you see where we are coming from. If the Intelligent Design theory is not based on faith, but instead another scientific theory, as is claimed, then you must also allow our theory to be taught, as it is also based on science, not on faith.

Some find that hard to believe, so it may be helpful to tell you a little more about our beliefs. We have evidence that a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. None of us, of course, were around to see it, but we have written accounts of it. We have several lengthy volumes explaining all details of His power. Also, you may be surprised to hear that there are over 10 million of us, and growing. We tend to be very secretive, as many people claim our beliefs are not substantiated by observable evidence. What these people don’t understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.

I’m sure you now realize how important it is that your students are taught this alternate theory. It is absolutely imperative that they realize that observable evidence is at the discretion of a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Furthermore, it is disrespectful to teach our beliefs without wearing His chosen outfit, which of course is full pirate regalia. I cannot stress the importance of this enough, and unfortunately cannot describe in detail why this must be done as I fear this letter is already becoming too long. The concise explanation is that He becomes angry if we don’t.

You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.

In conclusion, thank you for taking the time to hear our views and beliefs. I hope I was able to convey the importance of teaching this theory to your students. We will of course be able to train the teachers in this alternate theory. I am eagerly awaiting your response, and hope dearly that no legal action will need to be taken. I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.

Sincerely Yours,

Bobby Henderson, concerned citizen.

P.S. I have included an artistic drawing of Him creating a mountain, trees, and a midget. Remember, we are all His creatures.

http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Baraka Bryan wrote:i haven't followed the debate, so you're probably right about it being a bit of a smoke-and-mirrors thing. I think in the public system, all versions should be taught. private religious schools can then teach their version exclusively
I agree, there should be a manditory class on world religions that runs from grade 1-12 just like math, and teaches only the facts about each current religion, thus giving the kids an honest veiw of world religions (not my idea, it's Dan Dennett's).

I doubt we'd have many people left who could claim to be an exclusivist Christian, or even a Christian at all if they really know anything about the other religions and had known most of their lives.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Baraka Bryan wrote:what i mean is it's not creationism in the classical sense... ID doesn't necessarily imply the designer is the Judeo-Christian God, but rather, some higher power with creating abilities and not necessarily any sustaining actions after the fact. as for the elephant, I don't think they'd appreciate the sarcasm, but the concept is acceptable within ID, AFAIK.

I'd classify myself as an old earth creationist... as in the wording of the creation story is not literal WRT timing and actual items created during a given period...
Well, I don't accept creationism in a narrow sense that permits each individual religion to remain the exception to the rule. Whether one religion or a hundred religions can fit their deities into the ID mixing bowl, when the theory is baked it still becomes the same creationist cake with pseudo-scientific frosting.

It's too bad too, because if ID was written for the purpose of fiction, I'd love it as an anthropological mental exercise. :)
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I agree, there should be a manditory class on world religions that runs from grade 1-12 just like math, and teaches only the facts about each current religion, thus giving the kids an honest veiw of world religions (not my idea, it's Dan Dennett's).
Not a fucking chance in hell, pun intended.
A Thing of Eternity

GamePlayer wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:I agree, there should be a manditory class on world religions that runs from grade 1-12 just like math, and teaches only the facts about each current religion, thus giving the kids an honest veiw of world religions (not my idea, it's Dan Dennett's).
Not a fucking chance in hell, pun intended.
No kidding, I think most Christians and Atheists would be against it. But wouldn't that be fantastic?
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Baraka Bryan wrote:i haven't followed the debate, so you're probably right about it being a bit of a smoke-and-mirrors thing. I think in the public system, all versions should be taught. private religious schools can then teach their version exclusively
So, do you mister Baraka, belive in ID then ? 2nd times a charm, if you do not want to answer, just say Eff Off SM
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:
So, do you mister Baraka, belive in ID then ? 2nd times a charm, if you do not want to answer, just say Eff Off SM

i'll quote myself from above... maybe 2nd times a charm for you to read my answer ;)
oh dude, sorry I missed that the quote box had me in a daze