Why United States is the most hated country in the world....

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Purge

Post by Purge »

Schu wrote:
Purge wrote:
Schu wrote:Actually, not enough people around the world care about Israel for it to be the most hated country on earth.
Really? And what reality does this take place in?
News crews love it of course, which gives the appearance of everyone caring. But some people just figure that the middle east can bomb themselves out of existence for all they care.
Do you really buy that? There is no shortage of nations, organizations, etc. around the world which consistently make Israel one of the most important subjects in their and their peoples' lives. We can come up with reasons, excuses, etc. why, but that isn't really the point.

The point is that Israel is probably one of a small handful of nations that hardly anyone is really indifferent to. I am not saying that nobody in the world is indifferent to Israel, but not to anything approaching the extent that "not enough people around the world care about Israel".
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Purge wrote:There is no shortage of nations, organizations, etc. around the world which consistently make Israel one of the most important subjects in their and their peoples' lives.
Hmmm...kinda like how I'm always ranting about KJA? Doesn't mean he's really that important in the greater scheme of things, right?

Hey! I kinda like that: Israel as the KJA of the world political scene! :P

Doesn't quite work, but what the fuck.
Schu

Post by Schu »

Purge and Moryeh, have you guys tried talking about something other than Israel and Judaism? Like, ever?

Seriously, people don't care about it as much as you think. NOWHERE NEAR as many people care about Israel compared to how many people care about America. And I'll most certainly bet that out of the people that actually do care about those countries, more of them hate America than Israel. And a few other countries are hated more than Israel too.

I'm not saying Israel isn't up there among the most hated (and don't dare think people like you don't contribute to it!), but they're completely blown away by America.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I thought everybody loved us... :cry:
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

moreh_yeladim wrote:
chanilover wrote:
GamePlayer wrote:Are you kidding? The only thing worse than an American is a Brit. Hell, even the French are more tolerable than the English! :P :lol:
That's only because you don't understand what they're saying to you. I did my bit for Anglo-French relations and shagged a Frenchie. This reputation they have for being the world's best lovers is completely undeserved.
Do you really think a French woman would give her all in bed with a Brit?

Of course, that Brit MP ought not have made the assumption that only private-sector work is productive, but otherwise he's damn right.

Anyway, I'm going to scupper this whole thread by pointing out that America is not, in fact, the most hated country on Earth. That title goes to Israel, who proudly open up with the full aggression and rudeness of their culture on the basis that if everyone will hate you anyway you might as well tell them all to fuck off.
It was a Frenchman, not a woman.

Please give it a rest about Israel, people don't care as much as you think they do. Thanks.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I cared about Israel for a long time.

Then their government lost all moral authority during the first intafada,
continuing to build settlements on the West Bank, The Wall, the mis-
adventure in Lebannon, and the recent warcrimes in Gaza.

They've turned into the people they were supposed to be opposing.

But personally, I hate Belgium.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Purge

Post by Purge »

SandChigger wrote:
Purge wrote:There is no shortage of nations, organizations, etc. around the world which consistently make Israel one of the most important subjects in their and their peoples' lives.
Hmmm...kinda like how I'm always ranting about KJA? Doesn't mean he's really that important in the greater scheme of things, right?

Hey! I kinda like that: Israel as the KJA of the world political scene! :P

Doesn't quite work, but what the fuck.
The correlation doesn't work for a number of reasons. But for the sake of argument, the discussion wasn't about who is the most important but who is the most hated. Whether Israel truly is the most hated or not, I was disputing the notion put forth by Schu that most people don't care about Israel (in other words, are indifferent to Israel).
Purge

Post by Purge »

Purge and Moryeh, have you guys tried talking about something other than Israel and Judaism? Like, ever?
Don't act like I am bothering you with Israel talk as I did not bring Israel into the conversation. I responded to your comments about them.
Seriously, people don't care about it as much as you think. NOWHERE NEAR as many people care about Israel compared to how many people care about America. And I'll most certainly bet that out of the people that actually do care about those countries, more of them hate America than Israel. And a few other countries are hated more than Israel too.
That sounds scientific. :roll:

Israel may or may not be the most hated nation, but that wasn't my point. What I am arguing is the notion that not enough people care about Israel (what I took to mean: most people are indifferent to Israel) for it to be the most hated country on earth. Indifference is one thing I have ever encountered regarding Israel.
I'm not saying Israel isn't up there among the most hated (and don't dare think people like you don't contribute to it!), but they're completely blown away by America.
People like me? :roll:

So where are the statistics or studies which support this position of yours?
Schu

Post by Schu »

Oh man, just stop digging.
Schu

Post by Schu »

OK man, here it goes.

Don't try to mince words like "don't act like ..." with me, who do you take me for? Of course I think you're stupid for talking about Israel. You responded to my comments, yes, but I was responding to Moryeh's. I didn't bring it up.

You show me one scientific survey showing me that Israel is hated more than any of America, Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, or frankly ANY country, and you can start criticising my post on the basis of science. Until then, no. All we have is rhetoric.

Everyone cares about America. I'd certainly say that 90% of people give a shit about them one way or another, and the other 10% probably don't give a shit about anything. Maybe not a majority, but a large portion of them would hate america. I don't really need to explain why, do I? I don't hate america, but I do understand why others do, all around the world.

Israel.... people in/near Israel care, sure. People of the jewish faith care too. Some anti-semites care, yeah, they do still exist of course (though nowhere near where the amounts some people think). Some people genuinely care about Israel too without belonging to any of those groups, but that's more in a "oh I hope the violence ends, it's such a shame" way, in general, rather than hating/loving them. Some people that are particularly into middle east politics care about Israel (conversely, a lof of those same people will hate America and/or Iran). I think that's about it. I don't really want to guess at a percentage for that, but it ain't anywhere near America. I can't really make a reasonable guess about the proportion of carers:haters, but there is no way it that high enough to compensate for how many people just don't give a shit about Israel. My guess is it would be pretty similar to America's.

Hey, you seem to really care about having Israel being hated, (gosh knows why... I don't suppose you'd like to enlighten me on this? I know that some people need something to justify their persecution complex, that wouldn't be you would it?) so if you want some hints to make everyone loathe Israel, recruit more people to do exactly what you're doing. It won't work on people like me, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll piss off enough other people eventually, and get Israel right up there!
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

I notice that Israel is one of those topics that has a way of creeping into things that are seemingly unrelated. I still wonder why it is such a hot topic. Here is what I have noticed that I think is ironic about this phenomena.

Obviously the 2 main sides is Islam vs. Jew, I know that is over simple but in very general terms it is indeed the case.

This whole thing about who was there first is a bunch of bullshit, the fact is the Jews came in to place where people were already living and claimed it as their ancient birth right. Now I think most would agree that is not the "right" thing to do in any situation. What is ironic is the western support of Israel is based on the Christian idea that when Jesus returns, the Jews must be ruling over that part of the world. Because every good rapture praying Christian knows that once Jesus does return, he will kill all the Jews anyways. So they support them only so that the stage is set for Jesus and once he comes back, he will kill all the Jews anyway so who cares at that point. Sorry if that is a surprise to the Israeli freedom fighters among us.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Um ... isn't there something in there about "redeeming" 144,000 Jews? So I don't think he kills all of them. At least not right away. ;)

This has turned out to be such a fun thread. I almost wish I'd read all of the posts.

(Not really! :P )

Excellent job, SW! :D

(Btw, did you spellcheck your last post? ;) )
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

SwordMaster wrote:...

This whole thing about who was there first is a bunch of bullshit, the fact is the Jews came in to place where people were already living and claimed it as their ancient birth right. Now I think most would agree that is not the "right" thing to do in any situation. What is ironic is the western support of Israel is based on the Christian idea that when Jesus returns, the Jews must be ruling over that part of the world. Because every good rapture praying Christian knows that once Jesus does return, he will kill all the Jews anyways. So they support them only so that the stage is set for Jesus and once he comes back, he will kill all the Jews anyway so who cares at that point. ...

edited:
Sorry if I missed some some sacasism there, (which I do think that maybe you were going for) but at the risk of going off thread again I feel like I must express this opinion. Most Christians should remember that the Jews are God's choosen people. Jesus will not be coming back to "kill all the Jews" He will be coming back (in my belief) to gather those who have accepted him as Lord and savior. There are many Jewish people who have done so.

But back to the OP of the thread. Many people dislike America for different reasons. Their stance on Isareal, the war in Irag, the economy we did have, the misconception that "all" Americans are Christians, so on and so forth. Some of those issues can be addressed the others will always be there and people will dislike America (the country, not hte individuals) no matter what is said or done. I'm sure that some nations might hate America worse than other countries, others are more than likely just irrated with the USA and some of its actions.

So there it is. (my little opinion) Go at it. And have a nice day. 8)
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

[EDITED BY THE ALMIGHTY MODERATOR]
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

SandChigger wrote:Um ... isn't there something in there about "redeeming" 144,000 Jews? So I don't think he kills all of them. At least not right away. ;)

This has turned out to be such a fun thread. I almost wish I'd read all of the posts.

(Not really! :P )

Excellent job, SW! :D

(Btw, did you spellcheck your last post? ;) )
No I am not sure, did I? You can tell when I write it fast and when I take some time. Im not sure who it was that told me to take more time with my posts so ppl dont think Im an idiot. That was good advice. Still working on it.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
Redstar wrote:[EDITED BY THE ALMIGHTY MODERATOR]
:lol:

Rapture theory is crack-pot bullshit.
I find the idea of "hoping" for the world to end is more then ironic.

There was indeed sacasism Eyes High, I wanted to try and paint a bit of a silly picture about why many folks do care about Isreal. I would say a lot of those folks have no idea what Isreal or Jewdism is, beyond what their pastor told them about when "he returns"

Thats my main point. With only a slight amount of sacasism. Glad you got that, hope you did not take offence to it.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandRider wrote:But personally, I hate Belgium.
Fucking Belgians ... cant stand 'em.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Redstar wrote:[EDITED BY THE ALMIGHTY MODERATOR]
LOL! Best post evar :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Of course Sword Master. No offense taken. :D Hope mine was not offensive to anyone. Chat at y'all later.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

My country is hated the most!

No mine!

Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim?

Do you?

+ the rapture!

This thread is hilarious. :)
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Definitely Dune Novels Worthy. :roll:
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

SandChigger wrote:Definitely Dune Novels Worthy. :roll:
Chigger are you even Jewish?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:lol:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

No, but I'm cut.

WANNA KNOW MORE? :P
Schu

Post by Schu »

SandChigger wrote:No, but I'm cut.

WANNA KNOW MORE? :P
TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR GENITALS. I WISH TO KNOW EVERYTHING.