Calgary hosts annual Skinhead Beatdown Day

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

A Thing of Eternity

Calgary hosts annual Skinhead Beatdown Day

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

:laughing: Man am I looking forward to this next year! Apparently this is the second year in a row that the Aryan Guard in Calgary has marched on the same day as some big anti-racism rally and ran into a group of sane people who proceeded to do the right thing. Bash some faces. This is a good reminder to people up here that we have a problem too.

Going on my calendar!!

"A white pride march through Calgary’s core quickly deteriorated into a violent melee Saturday as protesters flung rocks, aluminum cans and other projectiles into a crowd of people taking part in the demonstration.

Several fist fights broke out at the Aryan Guard rally and at least two people were treated for head injuries after being hit by the projectiles, although the injuries weren’t serious.

Police arrested three people, and charges are pending.

More than 400 anti-racist protesters confronted about 60 members of Calgary-based white supremacist group, the Aryan Guard."

Rest of the story:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Prote ... story.html

Let's keep our country nice and clean. :wink:

Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

This is actually the first I've heard about this. That's awesome though! I love to see retard skinheads put in their place. Fortunately no one was killed.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

As much as I despise hate groups, this kind of incident just gives them something they hardly ever get now: press. The best thing you can do to these hate groups is avoid granting them any attention other than that of a human rights commission (the ONLY time those commissions do any good, more to come at 11:00). There will always be a small segment of hate in any society, but these losers aren't even worth the skin on the back of my knuckles.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
A Thing of Eternity

GamePlayer wrote:As much as I despise hate groups, this kind of incident just gives them something they hardly ever get now: press. The best thing you can do to these hate groups is avoid granting them any attention other than that of a human rights commission (the ONLY time those commissions do any good, more to come at 11:00). There will always be a small segment of hate in any society, but these losers aren't even worth the skin on the back of my knuckles.
I know, but man... fuck would it be therapeutic! Realistically it also just gives them more fuel to keep doing what they do. If everyone just treated them as pathetically as they deserve (greet them with a look of pity and surprise that anyone even thinks like this any more) it would probably take away some of their steam. Buuuutt... I will certainly attend the anti-racism event, hopefully :wink: I can keep my temper under wraps if the aryans show up and start something. Also, on the other hand, I do think it makes for a nice show of solidarity for all the non-white canadians to see a bunch of white people literally fighting for them, and not just talking about it.

When I was a kid me and my friends used to fight skinheads at punk shows, ah, the memories. :)
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

I get the point about press, but Id rather this then people stayed home and did nothing

good + 1
evil - 1
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
orald

Post by orald »

OMG, is Sloey OK? :o

Oh, speaking of which, I was leafing through A Feast for Crows at work tonight, and came across a(very) minor character named Sloey, a mummer, one of a troupe performing at the Ship in Braavos.
I'm not even sure he got any "screen time" or has been mentioned by name in the book, probably just in the appendix.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

A skin head/Nazi is one of the few people I would fist fight.
A Thing of Eternity

SwordMaster wrote:A skin head/Nazi is one of the few people I would fist fight.
Meet me in Calgary on the 21st next year, we'll make a weekend out of it. :wink:
orald

Post by orald »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Meet me in Calgary on the 21st next year, we'll make a weekend out of it. :wink:
You two meet me in Calgary on the 21st next year, we'll make a weekend out of it. :wink:

If you know what I mean... :wink:

A Thing of Eternity

orald wrote:
You two meet me in Calgary on the 21st next year, we'll make a weekend out of it. :wink:

If you know what I mean... :wink:
:lol:

Kudos on the earlier Sloey joke too, I forgot to document my laughter over that one. :lol:
orald

Post by orald »

I still can't believe there's an actual character in as respected a franchise as ASoIaF called Sloey.
Frankly though, I'm not all too surprised he's a mummer.

SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

I like to pretend Canada does not have them. I hope they see a protest like this any place they try and march. What other major cities have them?
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Re: Calgary hosts annual Skinhead Beatdown Day

Post by SwordMaster »

Let's keep our country nice and clean. :wink:

Do you know who this is?

She wears that shirt to her position in the German parliament. Elected at age 18 she became the youngest member of a parliament in Germany. Not to mention she is really hot.

her site: http://www.juliabonk.de/de/startseite.html
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

what's the shirt say ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I don't think I ever saw a German skinhead in Germany. The US Army is a haven for them, though. Ironically, it's a haven for minorities, too.

:?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Freakzilla wrote:I don't think I ever saw a German skinhead in Germany. The US Army is a haven for them, though. Ironically, it's a haven for minorities, too.

:?
Same with prisons and jails.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I read another translation just doing a google search that reads "Live better without Nazis"? Regardless, I think she might be the most beautiful politician I've ever seen. Stronach and Palin be damned, Bonk is better :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

GamePlayer wrote:I read another translation just doing a google search that reads "Live better without Nazis"? Regardless, I think she might be the most beautiful politician I've ever seen. Stronach and Palin be damned, Bonk is better :)
hahahaha, thought you would like that. Both translations are correct really. The meaning is the same as well. She is young but I would like to see her Chancellor of Germany one day.
orald

Post by orald »

Palin? What's Palin got to do with "beautiful"? :?

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Redstar wrote:Image
Good Film!
moreh_yeladim

Post by moreh_yeladim »

GamePlayer wrote:I read another translation just doing a google search that reads "Live better without Nazis"? Regardless, I think she might be the most beautiful politician I've ever seen. Stronach and Palin be damned, Bonk is better :)
Yeah, I'd definitely Bonk her.
Brian Herbert is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave a universe-spanning empire to your next of kin.