What?
11%

Total votes: 27

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

SwordMaster wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Tio_Holtzmann wrote:I never really thought of Siona as the key to the Golden Path, at most I would say she was the catalyst and her descendants with the gene were the key. Safety from oracular vision and an explosion of humanity into uncharted space, in my mind that was always the goal of the GP.
Agreed...mostly... I think the siona gene was only necessary for the Scattering, after that it was pretty much moot. Everyone was so spread out and no-technology was so prevalent, it was a bonus, but unnecessary after that IMHO.
Another part of the key is the throw back that was Duncan, all of Duncan and Siona's offspring would not only carry her invisibility, but Duncan gave them what? He was the throw back; he was the ancient element that must have been part of LetoIIs plan. What did the Duncan element do to the 1000 sons of Idaho?
I think Duncan was the control in Leto's breeding plan. He was the normal human to temper the KH gene.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Freakzilla wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Tio_Holtzmann wrote:I never really thought of Siona as the key to the Golden Path, at most I would say she was the catalyst and her descendants with the gene were the key. Safety from oracular vision and an explosion of humanity into uncharted space, in my mind that was always the goal of the GP.
Agreed...mostly... I think the siona gene was only necessary for the Scattering, after that it was pretty much moot. Everyone was so spread out and no-technology was so prevalent, it was a bonus, but unnecessary after that IMHO.
Another part of the key is the throw back that was Duncan, all of Duncan and Siona's offspring would not only carry her invisibility, but Duncan gave them what? He was the throw back; he was the ancient element that must have been part of LetoIIs plan. What did the Duncan element do to the 1000 sons of Idaho?
I think Duncan was the control in Leto's breeding plan. He was the normal human to temper the KH gene.
And so in the end, Siona is only half the plan at most.
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SwordMaster wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Siona is the end result of Leto's 3,500 year modification of the BG KH. I think Leto wanted everyone to have latent KH abilities, subconscious OM that act as advanced instinct and subconscious yet very powerfull prescience that shields them from other oracles and gives them a "spidey-sense" for immediate danger, ala Miles Teg.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SwordMaster
Freakbanned

Post by SwordMaster »

Freakzilla wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
Siona is the end result of Leto's 3,500 year modification of the BG KH. I think Leto wanted everyone to have latent KH abilities, subconscious OM that act as advanced instinct and subconscious yet very powerfull prescience that shields them from other oracles and gives them a "spidey-sense" for immediate danger, ala Miles Teg.
But Leto did intend for Duncan and Siona to breed, right?
I am a turd. Do not emulate me, or Omphalos shall mock you as well.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SwordMaster wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:
Tleilax Master B wrote:
But Leto did intend for Duncan and Siona to breed, right?
Yes, He bred the Duncans with many of the Atreides women, it was a control for the inbreeding of the KH gene.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Still, only a small number of people who went into The Scattering could have had the Siona gene.

Duncan was spreading his genes around for a much longer period of time. And on more than one planet. (Leto sent him off-world for various missions, after all.)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Still, only a small number of people who went into The Scattering could have had the Siona gene.

Duncan was spreading his genes around for a much longer period of time. And on more than one planet. (Leto sent him off-world for various missions, after all.)
The Scattering got a couple of generations head start on the Siona descendants but I think the importance placed on having that gene early on, especially by the BG who had their own continuous scattering going on, gave it a beach-head in the Old Empire from which it could spread into an existing Scattering.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Assuming that subsequent waves of Scatterers :P encountered outposts of previous ones.

Kinda dubious considering what The Scattering was supposed to be, no? :wink:
mrpsbrk

Post by mrpsbrk »

Freakzilla wrote:Siona is the end result of Leto's 3,500 year modification of the BG KH.
Was Leto focusing on the KH strain instead of using the whole spectrum of human development?
Freakzilla wrote:I think Leto wanted everyone to have latent KH abilities,
Is this supposed to be the "ultimate FZ GP-wishlist"? As in, can i take it that you maintain that the GP consists on those 3 characteristics? (Namely, latent-KH, latent-OM, latent-PES)
Freakzilla wrote:subconscious OM that act as advanced instinct and
I think the DC implies that everyone already has those memories subconsciously, the difference being that BG and Leto can freely access them instead of being blindly driven by them.
Freakzilla wrote:subconscious yet very powerfull prescience that shields them from other oracles and gives them a "spidey-sense" for immediate danger, ala Miles Teg.
Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
moreh_yeladim

Post by moreh_yeladim »

Atreyuh wrote:
SwordMaster wrote:Everything after CHoD is ...... not the true ending
Fixed it for you!

:D
Everything after Chapter House Dune doesn't exist.
Brian Herbert is a perfect example of why you shouldn't leave a universe-spanning empire to your next of kin.