The final fracking season!

Moderators: ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos, Freakzilla

Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Mandy wrote:I haven't seen the webisodes, and I probably never will. Did I miss anything important? (doesn't sound like it)
There was no reference to any of the events of the webisodes in the new episode.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

What?... what!.. what?! Questions indeed.. :shock:

...That was quite good :)

- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

DuneFishUK wrote:What?... what!.. what?! Questions indeed.. :shock:

...That was quite good :)

Dylon??

Hey, that last episode was pretty sweet.

I find it interesting how all of the core characters who were friends in the first season (and since then have become enemies) ended up banding together and overthrowing the revolution. IE Tigh, Adama, Lee, Starbuck, Laura, Baltar, The Chief...

After the last few episodes, I think I've grown to like BSG more than Lost. Lost is still in a rut, IMO, whereas BSG has brought itself back to being awesome.
"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

The last two episodes have definitely been high octane. But then again, with
only six more eps, shit better start getting resolved.

I think we need to have a BSG death pool.

Next character of note to bite the bullet?

Saul Tigh.

Unless Roslin's disease finally offs her before that.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I'm betting that some of the Cylons who are the last of their lines start dying off and it creates more tension between Cylons and Humans, and before a human dies Cavil is going to attack.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Cavil said :

Millions of Sixes share that nose, millions of Eights share those breasts... {:D}

Where are these "millions" ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Okay so I just watched last week's episode, and I'm fracking lost!

I don't get it... So Earth had a cylon problem too and ended up destroying themselves. But the final five were there and managed to re0generate in orbit, right? So they were already skinjobs, even though they gave cylons skinjob technology??? WTF? And when whats-his face was like "The nine of them..." and starbuck is like "we're missing one!" What the hell does that mean??? 9? 10? Agueuuhhh??

Can anyone clear this up for me? Spicelon? Anyone???
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

13 tribes, 13 cylon skinjobs
13th tribe was cylon

Kobol was Humans who made cylons and the "Lords" kicked out the "One True God" Human tribes head to colonies, Kobol-Cylons head to "Earth" (13th tribe)

13th tribe gets attacked and nuked.
FF rebuild resurrection and download.
They don't have FTL (you get this Kevin?) and it takes them 2,000 years to backtrack the 5-year journey to the colonies.
They bring a message of hope and peace i.e. don't enslave cylons because they will effin kill you and nuke your stuff.
Colonial/Cylon war is in full swing when FF get there. Cylons already making Hybrids (Razor).
FF offer Skinjob tech. if the cylons will end the war.
FF make 8 Skinjobs, John Cavil, Doral, D'anna, Simon, Leoben, Caprica, Daniel* and Boomer.
John Cavil is the first new cylon. He's nuts. He kills the FF and gives them human memories and sends them to the colonies for a "front row seat" in the holocaust.
Cavil kills and boxes Daniel, corrupting his gene info. I'm thinking why will be important in the last 3 episodes (I'm also convinced that Gaeta was a Daniel, see sig.)
Skinjobs Nuke the colonies, BSG starts.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

What's FF?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

FF = Final Five

And thanks Ampoliros. That does clear things up a little. So I'm thinking Helen was behind the song, what do you think?
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Sam played the song for them.

RD Moore has said that there is a reason that the audience recognizes it. It is All along the Watchtower. Supposedly it is descendant from the original Bob Dylan. Wither Dylan is a 13th tribe Cylon or even further back is still unknown.

One thing to keep in mind, the Ellen you see now is the real Ellen. the "Ellen" from earlier in the show is the punitive human personality that John Cavil gave her to show her why humanity deserved to be wiped out.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Well the real Ellen was petty conniving bitch too then. I can't believe they wasted an episode on all that silly drama.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

yes. at one point I said aloud "As the Galactica Turns ?"

I thought I understood why Caprica Six was not still in love with Baltar,
when she "left" his mind when he really got into the whole Jesus thing.
"You don't need me anymore, God has shown you His Plan" or something.

But then there she was in his head again. Somebody please help me understand
that. I know I've not missed any episodes, but must not have been paying attention.
They'll need to do a thing like the "Lost for Dummies" re-runs where they explain
everything at the bottom of the screen.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Mandy wrote:Well the real Ellen was petty conniving bitch too then. I can't believe they wasted an episode on all that silly drama.
I agree, i really felt like last nights episode could have been dealt with in the last 5 minutes of last weeks episode. It felt a lot like Matrix 3.

And I was wrong about ellen, she is a bitch. Wtf tyrol, wanting to leave? didn't he just accept his old job back, and now he has boomer too?

Looks like poor Gaius is going to go the way of most religious upstarts. Should we start a betting pool for which of the last 4 episodes he bites it in?
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Hmm, I think all that drama is at the core of what's important right now in the show. It doesn't really bother me. And besides, Tigh continues to be my favourite character. I enjoyed the scene where he and Bill had a laugh over the whole cylon situation.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Michael Hogan is the best actor on the show, imo. I love Tigh and Adama, even though they're really fucking Adama up right now.. I can't believe he gave Baltar's bitches weapons.

Sandrider, I'm as lost as you are about head Six. I think she just shows up when Baltar needs her. I still don't have a clue if she's real or not.
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hypatia approaches one.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Mandy wrote: I love Tigh and Adama, even though they're really fucking Adama up right now..
You had to love that line where he said he was was going to the head to take care of a project he'd been working on. :D
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

apparently the guns-to-civilians thing is resolved in a scene that was cut, explaining that after the mutiny they are running really short on Marines to protect the civilians. Turning to organized groups, such as Baltar's religion supplied groups willing to 'police' their own as well as the other areas.
Atreyuh

Post by Atreyuh »

Mandy wrote:Well the real Ellen was petty conniving bitch too then. I can't believe they wasted an episode on all that silly drama.
My thoughts exactly
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Eveyone says that ''Deadlock'' was an awfull episode.
I agree, worst BSG episode in a while.
Atreyuh

Post by Atreyuh »

Ghost wrote:Eveyone says that ''Deadlock'' was an awfull episode.
I agree, worst BSG episode in a while.
To me Deadlock was THE single worst episode of the entire series.
Season 4 has been a semi-disapointement, but this episode was outrageous...
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

It's right down there with The Woman King, imo.

I did love Adama's line about finishing a project he's working on. That was great.
Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

This was a complete waste of rapidly depleting story time.

Ugh.
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Usually the shit episodes lay the groundwork for bigger things to come. But that last one was just a rubbish waste.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -