Mr. Obama goes to Ottawa

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Drunken Idaho

Mr. Obama goes to Ottawa

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Well, the prez is visiting Stephen Harper today...

Greenpeace activists have posted these banners, urging the leaders not to do business over the oil sands out west.

"The Idahos were never ordinary people."
-Reverend Mother Superior Alma Mavis Taraza
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

There goes the neighborhood!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

AToE wrote:Back on topic - I think it's hilarious how much security the Pres gets, secret routes, snipers on roofs etc - our leader we just leave to the wolves.

How much security does our PM even get? I imagine he has a few security officers that travel with him, but certainly no snipers! Ah, the joys of being a less important country, save money on this kind of stuff. :D Kinda funny.
I don't think it's as much a matter of being less important but being less black.

Did they do that for other presidents?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Freakzilla wrote:
AToE wrote:Back on topic - I think it's hilarious how much security the Pres gets, secret routes, snipers on roofs etc - our leader we just leave to the wolves.

How much security does our PM even get? I imagine he has a few security officers that travel with him, but certainly no snipers! Ah, the joys of being a less important country, save money on this kind of stuff. :D Kinda funny.
I don't think it's as much a matter of being less important but being less black.

I believe they did. I don't think being black is that much of a concern up here, just not that big of a deal.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

I believe they did. I don't think being black is that much of a concern up here, just not that big of a deal.
No, but racist rednecks here might think it would be easier to take a shot at him in Canada. I'm not saying there are Canadian racists who want him assassinated (maybe there is, I don't know.)
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Freakzilla wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:

No, but racist rednecks here might think it would be easier to take a shot at him in Canada. I'm not saying there are Canadian racists who want him assassinated (maybe there is, I don't know.)
Actually you might be right, and there is a white-nationalist community here too, it's just much smaller than the US one (stormfront.org has a seperate forum for Canadian bigots :wink: ). That said, I think this is pretty much just the kind of protection the pres gets - isn't it normal for them to have secret routs and decoy vehicles and snipers when in foreign countries?
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

It's so refreshing having a president who does not have to be reminded where Canada is.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Omphalos wrote:It's so refreshing having a president who does not have to be reminded where Canada is.
Now if he can only remember those campaign promises! :P
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Or a president who doesn't think the Prime Minister's name is Jean Poutine!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Baraka Bryan wrote:overall, obama's links to Canada (brother in law, members of his administration) will bode well for our bicameral interests. I felt the visit looked amicable and in their press conference tere was a real spirit of collaboration in their words.
"The good news is, we've solved the financial crisis! The Bad news is the US is now part of Canada!"
as for the security, i remember some commentators saying that this was about twice the security as Bush's visit to Canada.
Thanks, I've heard it was a lot higher.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

Freakzilla wrote:
Baraka Bryan wrote:overall, obama's links to Canada (brother in law, members of his administration) will bode well for our bicameral interests. I felt the visit looked amicable and in their press conference tere was a real spirit of collaboration in their words.
"The good news is, we've solved the financial crisis! The Bad news is the US is now part of Canada!"
Hmm, 50 new prvinces would be interesting... Maybe then they'd let us watch TV shows online... :P
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Drunken Idaho wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Hmm, 50 new prvinces would be interesting... Maybe then they'd let us watch TV shows online... :P
...and we can get this whole bacon issue straightened out.
~Pink Snowman
Drunken Idaho

Post by Drunken Idaho »

You'd love to straighten my bacon, wouldn't you?
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Someone's got to do it!
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

were there a bunch of posts dropped, deleted or moved from here ?

I thought I posted about the Alberta oil sands & the coming war between
Canada and Russia over the arctic ?

}edit

ok, I got it now.
y'all givin granpa a headache.
confused me with the "For the Funeral Plain" thread, too ...

I'm cool now, tho ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008