Found some old FH books

Moderators: Mr. Teg, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Laphtiya

Found some old FH books

Post by Laphtiya »

Hi all. I was in a old second hand book store called "Barter books". If you live in the UK its a very large bookshop not far from Alnwick Guardens. Anyway in the Sci Fi section which I often "haunt" I spotted the following:

Hellstrom's Hive
The Priests of PSI
The Heaven Makers.

And a copy of the Nebula Award Winners edited by Frank Herbert. I got this one because it had Enemy mine in it, one of my fav none FH sci fi books.

They were only £1 each which was really cheap, they are in very good condition as well. There were also some old copies of Dune and Dune Messiah from this series of covers. Image
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Ive never gotten a look at that Nebula Awards book that he edited. I love Enemy Mine too.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
mrpsbrk

Re: Found some old FH books

Post by mrpsbrk »

Laphtiya wrote:And a copy of the Nebula Award Winners edited by Frank Herbert. I got this one because it had Enemy mine in it, one of my fav none FH sci fi books.
Had this book once, had to give it over while in the middle of Enemy Mine, shoot. But the book also has a very curious introduction by FH, one that begins with him stating that his name was on the cover purely for dirty business tricks, that he had had nothing whatsoever with the production of the book. As i remember it was a interesting commentary on the media industry and stuff...

Would love to have it again... Care to do some scanning?
Marcio (mrpsbrk) does believe in Lord Leto over all other wills and reasons ;-)
Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya »

mrpsbrk wrote:
Laphtiya wrote:And a copy of the Nebula Award Winners edited by Frank Herbert. I got this one because it had Enemy mine in it, one of my fav none FH sci fi books.
Had this book once, had to give it over while in the middle of Enemy Mine, shoot. But the book also has a very curious introduction by FH, one that begins with him stating that his name was on the cover purely for dirty business tricks, that he had had nothing whatsoever with the production of the book. As i remember it was a interesting commentary on the media industry and stuff...

Sure I'll scan his intro and post it up on here, not a problem.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Laphtiya wrote:
mrpsbrk wrote:

Sure I'll scan his intro and post it up on here, not a problem.
please do - would love to see it !!
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008