Shut Up, Byron

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Baraka Bryan wrote:I'm so fucking sick of Byron's bullshit I hardly want to keep reading these threads detailing it!
yeah, the bloom's off the rose for me, too. Y'all been dealing with That Asshole for quite awhile; I felt like I was playing catch-up .....well, I'm caught up. I guess the one thing that kept me interested was the SHEER GALL. I keep reading stuff, shaking my head - how can he write such things ? All three of them really, how can they say some of the things they say and seem to mean it ?

Look, here's Brian on g-damazon.com, 2004:
Amazon.com: Would Frank Herbert have enjoyed the prequels?
Herbert: It's not as good as Frank Herbert writing the story, but it's as good as anyone can do right now. We're not going to milk this. We're not going to carry on too far. We still feel the great passion, the great energy for the story.
then there's this, "Dwight Steven Pavlovic" from Fed2K (that's DuneNewt, right Chig ?)
email-interviewing That Asshole, 2003 - and this is still posted Over There:
Would you perhaps advocate the renewed production of Dune action figures and game boards?

I'm not sure I would. We (the family) don't want Dune to be another Star Wars-style monopoly. We want Dune to set new standards, not hash over old ones. But anything is possible. We look at each proposal carefully to see if it meets the standards for the Dune universe.
like gummi sandworms ?

oh, shut up, Byron ...... :roll:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandRider wrote:We're not going to milk this. We're not going to carry on too far.
Which means the public must be absolutely clamoring for Jessica of Dune, right? :roll:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandRider quoting Frank Herbert wrote:It was much longer. I cut it up into three parts, and held out more than a third of it for the first book.
damn, what I wouldn't give to have those extra bits!
Unless I'm seriously misunderstanding something, aren't those "extra bits" what ended up in Messiah and Children? :?
TheDukester wrote:Which means the public must be absolutely clamoring for Jessica of Dune, right?
Yes, their excitement is what's making it a cumming attraction. :shock:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Bijaz

Post by Bijaz »

Omphalos wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Their poke-yer-eyes-out pertness is somewhat daunting, you must admit. :P
I fear not the nipple. I...embrace them!
Mom...Momma!
They may take yairrrr Frreedom, but they ken nivverrrr take yairrrr Duuuunnne!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
SandRider quoting Frank Herbert wrote:
It was much longer. I cut it up into three parts, and held out more than a third of it for the first book.
damn, what I wouldn't give to have those extra bits!
Unless I'm seriously misunderstanding something, aren't those "extra bits" what ended up in Messiah and Children?

I'm too tired to mess around with the [quote], you know what I'm referring to ....

I've just been skimming over those quotes about the 3 parts and so forth - seems ambigous -
I'm going to sit down tomorrow or someday and try to parse all that out - I've also been looking
for any other quotes from Frank that would make it clear without having to think too hard ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:Unless I'm seriously misunderstanding something, aren't those "extra bits" what ended up in Messiah and Children?
Exactly. You're not misunderstanding; I think the thread is getting a bit off the rails.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

SandChigger wrote:Unless I'm seriously misunderstanding something, aren't those "extra bits" what ended up in Messiah and Children?
My thoughts exactly.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Baraka Bryan wrote:just don't let the hacks see that though. they'll use it to justify another few books to fill in the gaps within "Dune"
All just a matter of time and greed. :cry:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Pansyass

Post by Pansyass »

Mandy wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Consider the history of FantomAss: You mess with Mandy at your own peril, Sloey.
I am a bad ass! :)

Sloey is safe with me. I've loved him for at least a year, I used to lurk at dumbnovels just so I could read his brilliant posts. Besides, Sloey goes after everyone equally, Fandumbass made it a point to suck up to everyone except me and I just couldn't have that!
No! You're a bad cunt.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:shock:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

lol.. are you channeling FanDumbAss, or are you his alt? He's fond of that image.
Pansyass

Post by Pansyass »

Mandy wrote:lol.. He's fond of that image.
I've read!
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

Jean Marai wrote:
I've read!
You didn't answer my question, though. Are you him, or just pretending?
Seraphan

Post by Seraphan »

Hey FantomAss, your a dipshit!

Edit: Just in case he's here.
Last edited by Seraphan on 29 Dec 2008 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
"The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand." - Frank Herbert
“This tutoring is dialectical. Literature makes us better noticers of life; we get to practice on life itself; which in turn makes us better readers of detail in literature; which in turn makes us better readers of life. And so on and on.” - James Wood
Pansyass

Post by Pansyass »

Mandy wrote:
Jean Marai wrote:
I've read!
No no. No.
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

English isn't your first language, is it? :)
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

It's always a sign of a socially maladjusted basement dweller when they find the rare female member on a forum and call her nasty words :)
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

If you're going to imitate someone, Fantomas is not a good choice for this forum.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Jean Marai wrote:
Mandy wrote:
Jean Marai wrote:
I've read!
No no. No.
Yes, he is. See you later, asshat.

FREAKBANNED!!!!!

What a moron. Gets on under guise and pretty much does nothing besides call someone who already laughs at him like a eunech a cunt. Very subversive, Pansyass.
Last edited by Omphalos on 29 Dec 2008 16:08, edited 2 times in total.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Pansyass wrote:
Mandy wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Consider the history of FantomAss: You mess with Mandy at your own peril, Sloey.

Sloey is safe with me. I've loved him for at least a year, I used to lurk at dumbnovels just so I could read his brilliant posts. Besides, Sloey goes after everyone equally, Fandumbass made it a point to suck up to everyone except me and I just couldn't have that!
No! You're a bad cunt.

Tut tut, such un-CHRISTIAN behavior.

Rob
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Pansyass wrote:
Mandy wrote:

No! You're a bad cunt.
Was that a Jacurutu "Blaze of Glory"??? :lol:
~Pink Snowman
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

A moron of the highest order.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

"Freakbanned", LOL :)
I like the avatar
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

A pretty damn pathetic one at that, the troll can't even be a proper troll.

Rob
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

:lol: that was rubbish.
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -