So when do we arrest Bush & Cheney?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Drunken Idaho

So when do we arrest Bush & Cheney?

Post by Drunken Idaho »

So when do Bush, Cheney, and company get brought to trial for all the shit they pulled? I figure we probably have a good case for war crimes, and phone-tapping, etc.

Also, there ought to be a serious investigation into whether or not 9/11 was a false flag op.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

It will be the last book in KJA's Dune series before we see that happen.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Sole Man

on Te 9/11 cover up

Post by Sole Man »

Obama saw all of the top secrete information today, and probably learned of what's really going on.

Now he can't live up to all of his promises! :D
SandRider
Watermaster

it's a start .....

Post by SandRider »

Cheney, Gonzales indicted in South Texas county
Nov 18, 10:18 PM (ET)

By CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN
McALLEN, Texas (AP) - Vice President Dick Cheney and former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales have been indicted on state charges involving federal prisons in a South Texas county that has been a source of bizarre legal and political battles under the outgoing prosecutor.

The indictment returned Monday has not yet been signed by the presiding judge, and no action can be taken until that happens.

The seven indictments made public in Willacy County on Tuesday included one naming state Sen. Eddie Lucio Jr. and some targeting public officials connected to District Attorney Juan Angel Guerra's own legal battles.

Regarding the indictments targeting the public officials, Guerra said, "the grand jury is the one that made those decisions, not me."

Guerra himself was under indictment for more than a year and half until a judge dismissed the indictments last month. Guerra's tenure ends this year after nearly two decades in office. He lost convincingly in a Democratic primary in March.

Guerra said the prison-related charges against Cheney and Gonzales are a national issue and experts from across the country testified to the grand jury.

Cheney is charged with engaging in an organized criminal activity related to the vice president's investment in the Vanguard Group, which holds financial interests in the private prison companies running the federal detention centers. It accuses Cheney of a conflict of interest and "at least misdemeanor assaults" on detainees because of his link to the prison companies.

Megan Mitchell, a spokeswoman for Cheney, declined to comment on Tuesday, saying that the vice president had not yet received a copy of the indictment.

The indictment accuses Gonzales of using his position while in office to stop an investigation in 2006 into abuses at one of the privately-run prisons.

Gonzales' attorney, George Terwilliger III, said in a written statement, "This is obviously a bogus charge on its face, as any good prosecutor can recognize." He said he hoped Texas authorities would take steps to stop "this abuse of the criminal justice system."

Another indictment released Tuesday accuses Lucio of profiting from his public office by accepting honoraria from prison management companies. Guerra announced his intention to investigate Lucio's prison consulting early last year.

Lucio's attorney, Michael Cowen, released a scathing statement accusing Guerra of settling political scores in his final weeks in office.

"Senator Lucio is completely innocent and has done nothing wrong," Cowen said, adding that he would file a motion to quash the indictment this week.

Willacy County has become a prison hub with county, state and federal lockups. Guerra has gone after the prison-politician nexus before, extracting guilty pleas from three former Willacy and Webb county commissioners after investigating bribery related to federal prison contacts.

Last month, a Willacy County grand jury indicted The GEO Group, a Florida private prison company, on a murder charge in the death of a prisoner days before his release. The three-count indictment alleged The GEO Group allowed other inmates to beat Gregorio de la Rosa Jr. to death with padlocks stuffed into socks. The death happened in 2001 at the Raymondville facility.

In 2006, a jury ordered the company to pay de la Rosa's family $47.5 million in a civil judgment. The Cheney-Gonzales indictment makes reference to the de la Rosa case.

None of the indictments released Tuesday had been signed by Presiding Judge Manuel Banales of the Fifth Administrative Judicial Region.

Last month, Banales dismissed indictments that charged Guerra with extorting money from a bail bond company and using his office for personal business. An appeals court had earlier ruled that a special prosecutor was improperly appointed to investigate Guerra.

After Guerra's office was raided as part of the investigation early last year, he camped outside the courthouse in a borrowed camper with a horse, three goats and a rooster. He threatened to dismiss hundreds of cases because he believed local law enforcement had aided the investigation against him.

The indictments were first reported by KRGV-TV.

---

Associated Press writer Deb Riechmann in Washington contributed to this report.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Drunken Idaho

Re: it's a start .....

Post by Drunken Idaho »

SandRider wrote:
Cheney, Gonzales indicted in South Texas county
Nov 18, 10:18 PM (ET)

By CHRISTOPHER SHERMAN
McALLEN, Texas (AP) - Vice President Dick Cheney and former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales have been indicted on state charges involving federal prisons in a South Texas county that has been a source of bizarre legal and political battles under the outgoing prosecutor.

The indictment returned Monday has not yet been signed by the presiding judge, and no action can be taken until that happens.

The seven indictments made public in Willacy County on Tuesday included one naming state Sen. Eddie Lucio Jr. and some targeting public officials connected to District Attorney Juan Angel Guerra's own legal battles.

Regarding the indictments targeting the public officials, Guerra said, "the grand jury is the one that made those decisions, not me."

Guerra himself was under indictment for more than a year and half until a judge dismissed the indictments last month. Guerra's tenure ends this year after nearly two decades in office. He lost convincingly in a Democratic primary in March.

Guerra said the prison-related charges against Cheney and Gonzales are a national issue and experts from across the country testified to the grand jury.

Cheney is charged with engaging in an organized criminal activity related to the vice president's investment in the Vanguard Group, which holds financial interests in the private prison companies running the federal detention centers. It accuses Cheney of a conflict of interest and "at least misdemeanor assaults" on detainees because of his link to the prison companies.

Megan Mitchell, a spokeswoman for Cheney, declined to comment on Tuesday, saying that the vice president had not yet received a copy of the indictment.

The indictment accuses Gonzales of using his position while in office to stop an investigation in 2006 into abuses at one of the privately-run prisons.

Gonzales' attorney, George Terwilliger III, said in a written statement, "This is obviously a bogus charge on its face, as any good prosecutor can recognize." He said he hoped Texas authorities would take steps to stop "this abuse of the criminal justice system."

Another indictment released Tuesday accuses Lucio of profiting from his public office by accepting honoraria from prison management companies. Guerra announced his intention to investigate Lucio's prison consulting early last year.

Lucio's attorney, Michael Cowen, released a scathing statement accusing Guerra of settling political scores in his final weeks in office.

"Senator Lucio is completely innocent and has done nothing wrong," Cowen said, adding that he would file a motion to quash the indictment this week.

Willacy County has become a prison hub with county, state and federal lockups. Guerra has gone after the prison-politician nexus before, extracting guilty pleas from three former Willacy and Webb county commissioners after investigating bribery related to federal prison contacts.

Last month, a Willacy County grand jury indicted The GEO Group, a Florida private prison company, on a murder charge in the death of a prisoner days before his release. The three-count indictment alleged The GEO Group allowed other inmates to beat Gregorio de la Rosa Jr. to death with padlocks stuffed into socks. The death happened in 2001 at the Raymondville facility.

In 2006, a jury ordered the company to pay de la Rosa's family $47.5 million in a civil judgment. The Cheney-Gonzales indictment makes reference to the de la Rosa case.

None of the indictments released Tuesday had been signed by Presiding Judge Manuel Banales of the Fifth Administrative Judicial Region.

Last month, Banales dismissed indictments that charged Guerra with extorting money from a bail bond company and using his office for personal business. An appeals court had earlier ruled that a special prosecutor was improperly appointed to investigate Guerra.

After Guerra's office was raided as part of the investigation early last year, he camped outside the courthouse in a borrowed camper with a horse, three goats and a rooster. He threatened to dismiss hundreds of cases because he believed local law enforcement had aided the investigation against him.

The indictments were first reported by KRGV-TV.

---

Associated Press writer Deb Riechmann in Washington contributed to this report.
I suppose that's a start. I'm just wondering how long it is before people stop pretending that the last eight years didn't happen.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Right now we're just focusing on blocking out the next four years.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

This indictment ain't goin' nowhere - it's political grandstanding and
local distraction - but it's a harbinger of things to come - when you've
abused the hell outta your power for a long time and pissed folks off,
well ....the chicken's are comin' home to roost ....
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
Pansyass

Post by Pansyass »

SandRider wrote:This indictment ain't goin' nowhere - it's political grandstanding and
local distraction - but it's a harbinger of things to come - when you've
abused the hell outta your power for a long time and pissed folks off,
well ....the chicken's are comin' home to roost ....
Yeah, I finally got a hold of you in the right thread and I wanted to ask you, why not protest other things, besides religious displays, like the very thing talked about here. It seems to me that most of Bush's supporters are just fine with what George hase done while in office. I do not see passion in the few complainers of the Bush's administration policies. There was more passion in the protest against Clinton for having lied. :roll:

When will the bell toll for Bush?
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

We protested pretty good up in St Paul this year. Hell, we got the fools to arrest Amy Goodman, for the love of g-d.

But GWB, like Nixon, will never answer for his crimes.
Never.

The Nation of America is built on a sack of lies.

Oh yeah, I forgot to address this in the "War on Xmas" thread -

"In G-d We Trust" wasn't put on the money until 1954, by a reactionary,
right-wing facist Congress to differentiate their nation from the godless
communists. It has no basis in American History, and is blatantly
unconstitutional.

But then, the entire American Government has been blatantly uncontitutional
since January 1861.
ImageImage

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

SandRider wrote:We protested pretty good up in St Paul this year. Hell, we got the fools to arrest Amy Goodman, for the love of g-d.

But GWB, like Nixon, will never answer for his crimes.
Never.

The Nation of America is built on a sack of lies.

Oh yeah, I forgot to address this in the "War on Xmas" thread -

"In G-d We Trust" wasn't put on the money until 1954, by a reactionary,
right-wing facist Congress to differentiate their nation from the godless
communists. It has no basis in American History, and is blatantly
unconstitutional.

But then, the entire American Government has been blatantly uncontitutional
since January 1861.
Forgive my ignorance, what happened in January 1861?
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

American President Lincoln denied the Southern States their constitutional right to seceed from the
United States of America, calling the act "rebellion" and forcing the Southern States to rejoin the Union
at the cost of over 600,000 lives, and the near-total destruction of those states. From that point on,
"constitutional government" has had little true meaning in the USA.
ImageImage

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Its not a constitutional right if the constitution does not grant it, and if it does not fall within the "penumbra of rigths" that the USSC has recognized. Secession is unconstitutional.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

alllllrighty, then. Lemme get a few more drinks in me, there, Mr. Lawyer,
and we can get after that one .....

:twisted:
ImageImage

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:alllllrighty, then. Lemme get a few more drinks in me, there, Mr. Lawyer,
and we can get after that one .....

:twisted:
:lol:

Im headed out for drinks myself at 4, so dont make me wait too long!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Ah ... the Civil War. That was a great game. I had the South at +7, so I covered the spread, too.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I tell yew whut, that there spread was the only thing that saved our ass.

We won Reconstruction, tho. Eventually.
ImageImage

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Dear gods, some of southern USA is scary enough as it is now, can you fucking IMAGINE if the south had become it's own nation? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

EDIT: I figured it was your civil war that happened around that date, but I thought I should ask instead of guessing and making an ass of myself!

Constitutions are for wimps anyways.:wink: Bend in the wind, or break, better to be flexible. Times change, what was applicable hundreds of years ago might make zero sense now.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Jean Marai wrote:Yeah, I finally got a hold of you in the right thread and I wanted to ask you, why not protest other things, besides religious displays, like the very thing talked about here.
I think it's because religion is the cause of all of the fucked up problems in this country. I get real pissy this time of year when other teachers try to put up lights in their rooms and stupid shit like that. I'm thinking of making an anonymous tip to the fire marshal.
SandRider wrote:We protested pretty good up in St Paul this year. Hell, we got the fools to arrest Amy Goodman, for the love of g-d.
We as in Democrats or were you really up here? I found myself in a couple frustrating situations with Republicans and cops in riot gear.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

We as in Democrats, and some of my kids from the local university -
they went up there, and to Denver as well. I never made it out of
Austin. I was an Obama delegate to our state convention, but the state
party guys knew me. I was blacklisted from the voting before I set foot
in the hotel. By the time of the conventions, tho, my back was blown out,
anyway.

I'd like to hear about your experiance with Freedom of Speech and the
Cops up there, tho. For all those who believe this is a Free Nation.

BTW Thing, and I'll get to this sometime, but for a brief moment in history,
the South was its own nation. Trouble was, Lincoln just didn't agree
with us. And neither did England or France, those bastards.
ImageImage

Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Well GWB is the result of the south based strategy SR, for all the good traits of the south, they threw those away in favor of ignorance and superstition and the last eight years have shown just how rotten the "south" and its beliefs really are at their core.

Rob
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Paintin' with a mighy broad brush, ain't ya there, pardner ?
ImageImage

Pansyass

Post by Pansyass »

SandRider wrote:Paintin' with a mighy broad brush, ain't ya there, pardner ?
Did Robspierre used the wrong kind of color.

Southerners are very complicated human beings.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

That's true.

Some like Country ... some like Western.

(I kid, of course ... most Southerners I've met have been good people)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

"We got both kinds of music - County AND Western."
ImageImage

Spicelon

Post by Spicelon »

SandRider wrote:"We got both kinds of music - County AND Western."
I love me some County music, ever since Municipal music went mainstream and all.

:D
Poop is funny.
MetaCugel8262 is not.