SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

That was it. :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Frybread wrote:
chanilover wrote:Comb-Over had his Going-Out jacket on. What a tasteless rag, you'd think with all the money he makes from spewing out that drivel he'd be able to afford better clothes than that, he always seems to be wearing it.
Money doesn't buy taste nor class. Look at Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, etc.
That's why God invented stylists, to make rich people look better.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

chanilover wrote:
Frybread wrote:
chanilover wrote:Comb-Over had his Going-Out jacket on. What a tasteless rag, you'd think with all the money he makes from spewing out that drivel he'd be able to afford better clothes than that, he always seems to be wearing it.
Money doesn't buy taste nor class. Look at Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, etc.
That's why God invented stylists, to make rich people look better.
And image consultants.
trang

Post by trang »

would it matter how they dressed? You can polish a turd all ya want, in the end, its still a turd.

The thing in that interview that was really just jaw dropping is how they are saying "we were thinking about this" then "we check the notes and bam, there it is", unbelievable.

Trang
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Sole Man

on Pop singers

Post by Sole Man »

*You guys hear a loud thumping noise, followed by a girlish scream*

Sorry about that; was a little tied up there.

I publicly swore revenge on Nicole Richie. I'm not entirely sure why, but...

Anyway, I'm not trying to be offensive here, but CL isw giving life to all the streoe type of Ga- I mean homosexual people. I'm not even sure if he cares, but this is what norm- I mean straight people have against them. Food for thought.

Now food for Sadistic girlfreind's belly...
chanilover

Re: on Pop singers

Post by chanilover »

Anyway, I'm not trying to be offensive here, but CL isw giving life to all the streoe type of Ga- I mean homosexual people. I'm not even sure if he cares, but this is what norm- I mean straight people have against them. Food for thought.
You're right, I don't give a fuck what you think. Bigots can shove their "tolerance" up their fat arses.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

trang wrote:The thing in that interview that was really just jaw dropping is how they are saying "we were thinking about this" then "we check the notes and bam, there it is", unbelievable.
Grrrrr.

I have yet to listen to this thing all the way through in one sitting. I guess it's time we have a transcription as well, no? No doubt there are untold gems still waiting to be discovered. :twisted:
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Hey, I didn't notice this addition to your signature Chig!
I don't like every writer's style; for instance, I have never been able to get through Ursula LeGuin, China Mieville, or Iain Banks, all of whom are critical darlings.
—Kevin J. Anderson
He said WHAT? How can someone not get through Banks' style? WTF????? Banks writes pretty readable (not in a bad or simplistic way) stuff, full of action(s) and dialogue. How in the hell is that hard to get through? Even LeGuin doesn't write very "dense" or difficult to read stuff IMO - what a total child this hack is. :roll:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I think the most relevant part is the "critical darlings" bit. ;)

You can always tell a shitty writer or one that has let him/herself get lazy: they bitch and moan about "so-called 'professional' critics". I notice the two hacks do exactly that towards the end of their talk.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

SandChigger wrote:I think the most relevant part is the "critical darlings" bit.
Definitely. The Chief Hack showing how sensitive he is about being a hack.

Memo for you, Kevin: real writers don't go around hiking for three weeks and think they've produced a book. Only hacks do that, you fucking hack.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

TheDukester wrote:
SandChigger wrote:I think the most relevant part is the "critical darlings" bit.

Memo for you, Kevin: real writers don't go around hiking for three weeks and think they've produced a book. Only hacks do that, you fucking hack.
bingo, "critical darlings" is a telling gem - already put in "For the Record" yesterday ...
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

TheDukester wrote:

:lol:
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

Baraka Bryan wrote:
TheDukester wrote:

very articulate and well put :)
Speaking of hiking, shouldn't Kevin be in better shape since he dictates so many books each year?
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

You'd think, huh?

Evidently he's now been hiking in the mountains ("volcanos") of Costa Rica. (Another of his "outings" without the ole ball-n-chain. He did one of those on their Alaska cruise last year, too. ;) )

Ends his latest blawg with a bitch-n-moan as well. :roll:
Mandy
Cat Herder

Post by Mandy »

If he can't get through Ursula K Le Guin, how did he ever get through Frank Herbert? I've never read Banks, but I can understand not getting China Mieville's. Probably hard to read books that dense while hiking and hacking.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Beat me to it. I agree.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

No shit eh?
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

the more I read the blogs and start to understand how he works, the more I'm convinced he has some kind of ADD, an extremely short attention span, a lack of concentration, and, most likely, a problem with retention and comprehension. I think he has in fact read Frank's Dune books, but I don't think he retained the information correctly or comprehended what he read. He has talked about how fast he reads. With his little fevered brain jumping from one universe to another, it's a wonder we haven't yet seen a passage about Paul being laid low by Kryponite. And reading Frank's work with an eye as to how to twist it into his own universe, he's probably misunderstood alot of basic concepts. And, again, he's just not that smart of a person. I don't think he could understand the politics even if he read slowly and had somebody explaining it to him.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

See if a library near you has copies of any of his "Saggy Sons" books. Don't actually check them out; you can probably get a good enough idea of how good they aren't just leafing through them. His ideas of politics, economics, science...they're all fucked.

(As a bonus, look for one of the volumes of Brians "Timeweb" series, too!)

Hideously good fun! :lol:
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I have never picked up a Seven Suns book, but I have looked through the first two Timeweb books. I read about one hundred pages of the first. It was terrible. I cannot believe he found someone to publish that dog.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Omphalos wrote:I cannot believe he found someone to publish that dog.
It's strictly from his last name. A guy who was not Frank Herbert's son who produced the exact same manuscript would have been laughed out of the publisher's office.

That's one reason I cringe whenever Byron or Hacky praise Bri-Bri's work or call him an "author." He's anything but that. He's living proof that it's not a hereditary trait.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.