A new low, even for Kevin J. Anderson

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

TheDukester

Re: A new low, even for Kevin J. Anderson

Post by TheDukester »

TheDukester wrote:Still waiting ...
Another week has gone by. Still waiting.

Simon? Byron Brownshirt? Anyone? Where are these "professional" reviews? :roll: :? :) :wink:
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

OUCH OUCH OUCH!!! :lol:

Dayum...fell 7 places to #18?!

Doesn't even get its "Last Week" and "Weeks on List" info printed beside it now.

OH THE HUMANITY!!! OH GAWD! OH GAWD! OH GAWD!!!

SALES = QUALITY, right, Byro?

AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :lol:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

TheDukester wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Still waiting ...
Another week has gone by. Still waiting.

Simon? Byron Brownshirt? Anyone? Where are these "professional" reviews? :roll: :? :) :wink:
Why, on DNBBS of course, made by preofessional ass-kissers...Image
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Down to #25 — and soon to be off the list completely — at the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/26/books ... ref=slogin

Interesting to note that this list was compiled from data available Oct. 11. In other words, with the book out for less than a month in North America, it began to sink like a stone.

Looks like you've lost some fans, there, Kevvie. "Bad Bludd," indeed, you fucking hack.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

ANY sign of those professional reviews yet? :roll:

I wonder if anyone at the times is going to review PoD. No one could be bothered with Sandworms....
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

SandChigger wrote:ANY sign of those professional reviews yet? :roll:

I wonder if anyone at the times is going to review PoD. No one could be bothered with Sandworms....
Harriet Klausner? No? :D
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Im pretty sure I saw one from Klausner somewhere and posted a "what the fuck" response.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Harriet hasn't posted a review yet, that I've seen at least.

I don't think she has touched any of Kevin's books since Lust Daze of Kryptompei or Asses of Worlds.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

TheDukester wrote:So Kevvie, Byron, Simon, any other preek drones, anyone at the HLP ... show me where these "professional" and "rave" reviews are.
Still waiting ...

Original request was made Sept. 26.

Anyone? Bueller?

Just one link?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

TheDukester wrote:
TheDukester wrote:So Kevvie, Byron, Simon, any other preek drones, anyone at the HLP ... show me where these "professional" and "rave" reviews are.
Still waiting ...

Original request was made Sept. 26.

Anyone? Bueller?

Just one link?

Yeah, I didn't think so.
I, too, would like to read some professional reviews. I typed "Paul of Dune" into Google last night and got nothing but a few reviews that KJA so proudly talks about, but nothing from the NYT or anything.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Wow, this doesn't make any sense.

Byron Brownshirt told me that Paul of Dune was, like, really, really good. It was, like, the "best thing thing they'd ever done."

Yet it cannot be found in the list of the top 150 books in the USA Today rankings:

http://content.usatoday.com/life/books/ ... fault.aspx

So, let me see here: Byron always says that sales and rankings equal quality, right? So, then, does Paul of Dune actually ... suck?

I'm so conflicted here. Explain this to me, Byron. Please email me at byron-sold-his-soul@eat-shit.com
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

TheDukester wrote:Wow, this doesn't make any sense.

Byron Brownshirt told me that Paul of Dune was, like, really, really good. It was, like, the "best thing thing they'd ever done."

Yet it cannot be found in the list of the top 150 books in the USA Today rankings:

http://content.usatoday.com/life/books/ ... fault.aspx

So, let me see here: Byron always says that sales and rankings equal quality, right? So, then, does Paul of Dune actually ... suck?

I'm so conflicted here. Explain this to me, Byron. Please email me at byron-sold-his-soul@eat-shit.com
It looks like PoD was in the USA Today Top 150 for two weeks, from 9/25 to 10/02, before it fell off the list. LOL.

Edit: It's peak position was No. 58.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Also of note: Amazon sales rank is #648, even with massive deletions of 1-star reviews. And this for a book that's only been out for five weeks.

As our friend Chigger might say, this turd is falllllllllllliiiiiinnnnggg ...

Looks like the HLP will be seeing some smaller checks this time around. And it couldn't happen to a nicer group of assholes.
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

TheDukester wrote:Also of note: Amazon sales rank is #648, even with massive deletions of 1-star reviews. And this for a book that's only been out for five weeks.

Looks like the HLP will be seeing some smaller checks this time around. And it couldn't happen to a nicer group of assholes.
Can someone who is not banned from DN ask Byron if PoD is so awesome than why is it tanking in relation to other novels, some of which have been on the bestseller lists for numerous weeks?

It just seems if KJA/BH is so great than why is PoD not in the top 10 ... or even the top 25?
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Frybread wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Also of note: Amazon sales rank is #648, even with massive deletions of 1-star reviews. And this for a book that's only been out for five weeks.

Can someone who is not banned from DN ask Byron if PoD is so awesome than why is it tanking in relation to other novels, some of which have been on the bestseller lists for numerous weeks?

It just seems if KJA/BH is so great than why is PoD not in the top 10 ... or even the top 25?
I'd like to see his rationalization for this, too.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Really? I mean, I'm no fan of the new books, but quibbling about whether the book is in the top 10 or the top 20 of the NYT bestseller list seems kind of lame to me.

I don't think anyone doubts the books are *selling*. But that doesn't mean they're any good. It just means they sell to the LCD.

HBJ
Tleilax Master B

Post by Tleilax Master B »

If I have time later, I'll go over and ask. But it will probably just get deleted, so don't expect much.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Really? I mean, I'm no fan of the new books, but quibbling about whether the book is in the top 10 or the top 20 of the NYT bestseller list seems kind of lame to me.

I don't think anyone doubts the books are *selling*. But that doesn't mean they're any good. It just means they sell to the LCD.

HBJ
I believe PuD has done much worse on the lists than their previous books. It has always been Byron's argument that sales numbers equals quality, thus we are wrong.

Obviously, this book cannot be their best, as he has suggested, since the sales figures don't indicate that. (Using his logic, of course.)

Hopefully this is a sign of how their future books will sell and we will see the end of KJA's abduction and molestation of the Duniverse.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Sorry, I'd lost track of the fact we were judging Byron's evaluation using his own yardstick as the measuring device.

HBJ,
and that's not a euphemism. <Shudder>
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Hunchback Jack wrote:Really? I mean, I'm no fan of the new books, but quibbling about whether the book is in the top 10 or the top 20 of the NYT bestseller list seems kind of lame to me.
Sales and rankings and that sort of thing can be useful in a couple of ways, although I certainly wouldn't argue that they are a definitive answer to anything.

One interesting development, for example, is that PoD isn't doing nearly as well as Sandworms in terms of rankings and lists. Should the Irulan book extend that trend (and I think it's going to bomb, personally, for reasons we've discussed elsewhere), then it might be reasonable for the HLP to begin shopping around for a new author. And wouldn't that be something to behold?

The other fun thing about them is they can be used as a specific "fuck off" to Byron and the five or six jacktards still posting at The Shithole. Byron is always the first to post all the statistical data when the new books make their debuts ... but when they begin to slide, he becomes curiously silent. So it's fun to poke him a few times, especially in this case, with PoD making almost no impact at all on the book-buying public.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

I reckon Irulan will do better. Not because it'll be a better book or anything, but because of the new film.

The flipside of this, is that we might see some proper reviews for a change. And I'd like to see some proper reviews of this shit. :lol:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Duck, everyone! Turd's a' fallin'!

It's like manu'ah from heaven!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

DuneFishUK wrote:I reckon Irulan will do better. Not because it'll be a better book or anything, but because of the new film.

The flipside of this, is that we might see some proper reviews for a change. And I'd like to see some proper reviews of this shit. :lol:
I hope not, hopefully we'll see a resurgance of FH fans. But I'm alsmost sure this movie is going to suck.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

An unfortunate reality.
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
Frybread

Post by Frybread »

DuneFishUK wrote:I reckon Irulan will do better. Not because it'll be a better book or anything, but because of the new film.

In Kevin's fantasy world, the new movie will do well because of his and That Other Guy's Dune novels to-date. And IoD will do well because it will just be awesome.