God Help Me, I'm Going In

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

OMG :shock:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I am relieved to read you have survived this ordeal ... and OMG :shock: is the only suitable response after reading your synopses. I will never ever read this crap!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

All I can say is Brittney has nice teeth.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
dunaddict

Post by dunaddict »

chanilover wrote:Scytale is now a good guy! I think this is the worst scene, it's is so infantile that you would laugh at it if you weren't so numb from the pages of shite which had preceded it
I agree. Soooo sweet it makes you sick:
Scytale had used the cells in his nullentropy capsule to regrow gholas of the last Tleilaxu Council, and now the little ones followed him everywhere, reminding her of a mother duck trailed by ducklings.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

:puke:
~Pink Snowman
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Sounds er.. great :? :shock:
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Sole Man

on SANDWORMS OF DUNE

Post by Sole Man »

*Cradels CL's head*

You were an inocent mind.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

There are no innocents.
~Paul-Muad'dib
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

dunaddict wrote:
chanilover wrote:Scytale is now a good guy! I think this is the worst scene, it's is so infantile that you would laugh at it if you weren't so numb from the pages of shite which had preceded it
I agree. Soooo sweet it makes you sick:
Scytale had used the cells in his nullentropy capsule to regrow gholas of the last Tleilaxu Council, and now the little ones followed him everywhere, reminding her of a mother duck trailed by ducklings.
Ditto...This is the Tlelaxu, not a fucking,low grade,Sesame Street puppet... :roll:
Raveem

Post by Raveem »

I have to state that I have never read further than House Atreides and a few chapters in House Harkonnen. Even this much was enough to convert me to a lifelong hazard to BH, should he ever be in the vicinity.

The only brush I had with double dose of "Dune 7" BH/KJA style was when I was perusing the sandworm article on Wikipedia in order to see information collated in one place. This lead me to read the Leto II article and, like a train, I failed to see where the tracks terminated and ran on into the BH/KJA Leto II section! Like suddenly discovering that one's fruit smoothie had started siphoning raw sewage into the gullet, it was only by dint of sheer effort one didn't choke and die.

A few points which brought me close to death were:

- "Even at a very young age, Leto shows signs that he may be more than he seems. During an assassination attempt, he somehow transforms into a small sandworm and defends himself before reverting to an innocent one-year-old."

- "The largest of the seven sandworms, Monarch, allows Leto to jump down its gullet to bond with it."

- "All seven worms fuse together into one massive worm, and the God Emperor returns once again to a deep sleep within the planet's surface."

Words can't describe the fountain of shit that were the prequels, and it is probably beyond human experience to actualise a manifestation of negativity that does justice to the sequels.

The only possible explanation is that this is the most brilliant marketing campaign ever for original Dune (+ encyclopedia), combined with a tahaddi-challenge for Dune fans. Those that unthinkingly fall for the *quels are shown as the shallow mindless sligs that they are. Those that wade through the dung to find the pearls (and there is so much dung now, with promises of fresh deluges to come) are redeemed.

Additionally, it would have been impossible for me to appreciate further the pinnacles that are the originals, without their alter egos from the bowels of mediocrity that masquerade as Dune.

How else to explain these signal "achievements" without losing one's sense? [/i]
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

There's a relevant quote from Laozi to throw in here, but I can't be bothered looking it up. ;)

I envy you your unsullied state. ;)

(Welcome aboard, too, by the way! Noticed you'd joined, was waiting to see if you'd do a "Happy to Meet Me!" thread. :D )
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"