The Navigators

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya »

I've always liked the mini series version. Personally I thought it fitted the description of the books. I mean blue skin? That doesn't enter my imagination unless I've missed something in FH's description.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Laphtiya wrote:I've always liked the mini series version. Personally I thought it fitted the description of the books.
Agreed
I mean blue skin? That doesn't enter my imagination unless I've missed something in FH's description.
Maybe because the spice is blue?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Freakzilla wrote:
Laphtiya wrote:I've always liked the mini series version. Personally I thought it fitted the description of the books.
Agreed
I mean blue skin? That doesn't enter my imagination unless I've missed something in FH's description.
Isn't the spice orange/amber?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Serkanner wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Agreed
Not in my books.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

I liked the min-series version except for the tail. I think a Nav would just have shrivled deformed legs.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Freakzilla wrote:
Serkanner wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:
Agreed
Not in my books.
The spice gas is orange;
The spice essence is blue;
And the spice's color after blow I don't remember.
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

The spice in Leto's horde was blue.
~Pink Snowman
Sole Man

on The Nabs

Post by Sole Man »

But the gas was orange, which is what the Naviagotrs were emerged in. I think that the Mininavigator was the best.

That picutre just sickens me.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

The spice was blue indeed after reading the passage in GEoD ... it must be the cinnamon smell that confused my "memory" of its colour.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Serkanner wrote:The spice was blue indeed after reading the passage in GEoD ... it must be the cinnamon smell that confused my "memory" of its colour.
I get that too, I always picture it as red/orange rusty coloured and then have to kick myself.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

To be fair, it's not something that gets mentioned often.

I think there's another scene somewhere where a spiceblow is described as violet.
~Pink Snowman
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Yep. Leto sees violet spice sands while ridin' da worm.
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Red/dark orange in the movie and the Dune games.
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Purple with pink polka-dots, I thought ...
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

TheDukester wrote:Purple with pink polka-dots, I thought ...
:)

I also thought it was reddish at first, blue seems odd, but i remember reading somewhere that there is a blue colored element in it? :|
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Rakis wrote:
TheDukester wrote:Purple with pink polka-dots, I thought ...
:)

I also thought it was reddish at first, blue seems odd, but i remember reading somewhere that there is a blue colored element in it? :|
When the Bene Gesserits have a meeting with Leto II in GEoD, am I right?
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Cobalt.

There's a cobalt atom or two in there.

:P
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

I remember...I read that in the DE...a part of the heme group would explain the color, something about copper elements turning blue when heated by the heat of the sun...
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

SandChigger wrote:Cobalt.

Atom Shmatom...
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Freakzilla wrote:
SandChigger wrote:Cobalt.

Atom Shmatom...
Atom Heinekenom :twisted:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Atom & Eve?
Laphtiya

Post by Laphtiya »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
The spice gas is orange;
Thats how I remember it. Blue for the essence, Orange for the Gas. I can't remember the colour of a spice blow.

However i did find this

"Great bins of melange lay all around in a gigantic room cut from native rock and illuminated by glowglobes of an ancient design with arabesques of metal scrollwork upon them. The spice had glowed radiant blue in the dim silver light" God Emperor of Dune

"the leprous blotches of violet sand where a spiceblow had erupted." Children of Dune.

I've always thought the spice was orange, but this might be because of the movie. But it seems as if the spice is Violet when it is first formed. Then over time it "ripens" to a Blue colour. Turning orange, perhaps something in the heating process turns the colour to orange. Or it might have to do with the concentration of the Gas as well as the tempreature of it.
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

Laphtiya wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
The spice gas is orange;
Thats how I remember it. Blue for the essence, Orange for the Gas. I can't remember the colour of a spice blow.

However i did find this

"Great bins of melange lay all around in a gigantic room cut from native rock and illuminated by glowglobes of an ancient design with arabesques of metal scrollwork upon them. The spice had glowed radiant blue in the dim silver light" God Emperor of Dune

"the leprous blotches of violet sand where a spiceblow had erupted." Children of Dune.

I've always thought the spice was orange, but this might be because of the movie. But it seems as if the spice is Violet when it is first formed. Then over time it "ripens" to a Blue colour. Turning orange, perhaps something in the heating process turns the colour to orange. Or it might have to do with the concentration of the Gas as well as the tempreature of it.
I entirely agree with you.

But you have to see this: Spice have blue color over silver light.

People, the natural color of the things depends of the light's color that is being reflected by the thing. So, if you are over a light of a Giant Red Star, your skin color won't be the same. :wink:

-- The Stolen Journals

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Laphtiya wrote:
Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
The spice gas is orange;

However i did find this

I entirely agree with you.

But you have to see this: Spice have blue color over silver light.

People, the natural color of the things depends of the light's color that is being reflected by the thing. So, if you are over a light of a Giant Red Star, your skin color won't be the same. :wink:
The star that Arrakis orbits, Canopis, is described as being silver in the sky. So blue would be it's natural color.

Besides, what's the difference between white light and silver light? :?
~Pink Snowman
Sole Man

Post by Sole Man »

Lisan Al-Gaib wrote:
Hey-I'd be an O'Bama voter!

Sliver and white are distinctly different colors, therfor, thier I forgot the point I was going to make.