Yallah.

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Omphalos wrote:I hate everyone until I decide otherwise, and even then...... :wink:
You're just a hater :wink:
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Freakzilla wrote:I just hate everyone until they say something nice.
Omphalos wrote:I hate everyone until I decide otherwise, and even then...... :wink:
As long as we all agree to hate everyone we don't know equally we'll be oooohhkay. :wink:
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I do not look down on niggers, kikes, WOPs or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless!
~Full Metal Jacket
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
A Thing of Eternity

Yarr.
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Yarr.
"Yarr? Yarr what? Were you about to call me an asshole?"

:lol: :P
"They can chew you up, but they gotta spit you out."
A Thing of Eternity

GamePlayer wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Yarr.
"Yarr? Yarr what? Were you about to call me an asshole?"

:lol: :P
What's that one from?

Yarr is my new affirmation sound. It's like Chigger's Ahp, but much more pirate-y :D
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

It's from FMJ too. That movie is full of great lines.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

Indeed it is. R. Lee Ermey is brilliant in Full Metal Jacket.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Are you shook up? Are you nervous?
Private Cowboy: Sir, I am, sir.
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Do I make you nervous?
Private Cowboy: Sir?
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: "Sir" what? Were you about to call me an asshole?
Go to the IMDB and visit the Memorable Quotes for Full Metal Jacket and have a laugh. :)
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

It's scarry how close that movie was to my basic training. He was an actual drill instructor durring the Viet Nam war.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I definitely would have been choked were I a recruit in that situation. Or they'd make me run until I vomit :) Ermey makes me hysterical every time I watch that movie. If someone was doing that to me in real life, I couldn't help but laugh.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:Or they'd make me run until I vomit :)
That happens regardless. It's emberassing to have the platoon run in circles around you while you're on your hands and knees barfing your guts out.
Ermey makes me hysterical every time I watch that movie. If someone was doing that to me in real life, I couldn't help but laugh.
Some people do, however the drill sargeant never seems to find the humor in it and this usually leads to a lot of push-ups. You would have come out of basic exceptionally strong.
~Pink Snowman
GamePlayer
70mm God

Post by GamePlayer »

I never would have been accepted by the military. Medical reasons.

Ermey is definitely underrated as a performer. He's great in everything I see him in. He was also good in David Fincher's Se7en.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

GamePlayer wrote:I never would have been accepted by the military. Medical reasons.

Ermey is definitely underrated as a performer. He's great in everything I see him in. He was also good in David Fincher's Se7en.
I saw him in some Steven Segal movie where he played a bad guy, his part wasn't that great. But you can't realy blame him, it was a Steven Segal movie. He's been in like sixty movies.
~Pink Snowman
Rakis

Post by Rakis »

Was good in Mississippi Burning... 8)
Tyrant

Post by Tyrant »

i met R Lee Ermey at kci airport when i was working tsa security there...what was funny was the night before i watched "Texas Chainsaw Massacre : the beginning" ... in which he plays the evil man eating sheriff. i've always enjoyed him as an actor...when i seen him coming thru the metal detector at work....i thought? that looks like R Lee Ermey....he had his huge bushy eyebrows...then i heard him talk and i knew it was him ...i was at bag check at the time..so when he went to grab his bad i talked to him for a minute ... he was extremely nice and not as much as a cock as most celebrities are at the airport ... he talked to me about 30 seconds about traveling all the time..i mentioned i had rented his movie the night before and he laughed and said how fun it was making that movie. all in all i'd have to say out of all the celebrities i met while working at the airport he was my favorite ... i mean the guys a fucking legend .... and he's not a dick about it ... more people in hollywood should follow his example
Your friendly neighborhood Tyrant!!!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Funny thinkg about drill sergeants, the tough guy persona is all an act, it's very carefully scripted. I think that's one reason FMJ was so popular, everyone who's been through basic training heard those exact same words.

When I was in basic training I was "bookman" for a while. I'd do sick call in the morning, assign fire watch, and make sure the DS's office was clean and they had fresh coffee when they got there. They would litteraly sit there and talk about who was going to play bad DS and who would be good. Underneath they were pretty nice guys. Of course, I was told that if I shared that with the rest of the platoon they would make my life there a living hell, so I just kept my mouth shut and enjoyed the show.

I've often wondered about his eyebrows, those things are Lynch mentat grade. I bet he lets them grow long like that because that's the only facial hair that isn't regulated by the military.
~Pink Snowman