A Legacy for OH's

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Secher Nbiw wrote:Or you can do the same thing someone did in my local bookstore. I don't know who it was and I would love to get to know the guy who did it, because he slipped in a couple of post-its in the two Sandworms of Dune copies on the shelf.

Post-it 1 read: "I'm going to spoil it for you. Duncan Idaho is the Kwisatz Haderach, now buy a book that's actually good."

Post-it 2 read: "Warning: this is an incomplete copy. Missing: Quality."
:laughing:
Lisan Al-Gaib

Post by Lisan Al-Gaib »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:
Secher Nbiw wrote:Or you can do the same thing someone did in my local bookstore. I don't know who it was and I would love to get to know the guy who did it, because he slipped in a couple of post-its in the two Sandworms of Dune copies on the shelf.

Post-it 1 read: "I'm going to spoil it for you. Duncan Idaho is the Kwisatz Haderach, now buy a book that's actually good."

:laughing:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder whether the people here start to do the same...The majority of the book would have receive that notes (twilight, Gossip Girl books, Da Vinci Code, Paulo Coelho books,.... :twisted: )
The singular multiplicity of this universe draws my deepest attention. It is a thing of ultimate beauty.

-- The Stolen Journals

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

HEY! It's Secher Nbiw (Without the Bar)!

Where have you been?! :)
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
halcyo

Post by halcyo »

I wonder whether the people here start to do the same...The majority of the book would have receive that notes (twilight, Gossip Girl books, Da Vinci Code, Paulo Coelho books,.... :twisted: )

Hey, I thought the Da Vinci Code was very well done. It's a clever story, and a fun read, and you gotta like that it pissed alot of people off! My grandparents were freakin' out! It's not a literary masterpiece, but it IS a pop fiction masterpiece.....

I think I have pretty discerning and sophisticated taste in books, and I dismissed it without reading it because of the hype (I thought for sure it would be stupid), but I liked it.

Ok, 'nuff OT....

halcyo
halcyo

Post by halcyo »

Hey, I thought the Da Vinci Code was very well done. It's a clever story, and a fun read, and you gotta like that it pissed alot of people off! My grandparents were freakin' out! It's not a literary masterpiece, but it IS a pop fiction masterpiece.....

I think I have pretty discerning and sophisticated taste in books, and I dismissed it without reading it because of the hype (I thought for sure it would be stupid), but I liked it.

Ok, 'nuff OT....

halcyo
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

halcyo wrote:

Ok, 'nuff OT....

halcyo
meh, Da Vinci Code is like everyhting else Dan Brown write: bleeding obvious plotline interspersed with semi-intelligent puzzles.

And i happened to lik Paulo Coelho.....
I am a mortal god.
Secher Nbiw

Post by Secher Nbiw »

SandChigger wrote: Where have you been?! :)
Here and there, I've been re-reading the originals, and now I'm just really pissed off at how much the BJA penned books suck.

In contrast the new books really are written for retards.

I might actually go out and join the post-it campaign if the rumours concerning Paul of Dune are correct...
Secher Nbiw

Post by Secher Nbiw »

SandChigger wrote: HEY! It's Secher Nbiw (Without the Bar)!
Holy crap, I just noticed! I've been cloned!
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

Secher Nbiw wrote:
SandChigger wrote: HEY! It's Secher Nbiw (Without the Bar)!
Holy crap, I just noticed! I've been cloned!
i didn't know at the time! :p i didn't even know there was anothe Secher around! there goes my originality....:(
I am a mortal god.
orald

Post by orald »

So now that you're both here- who posted that ass-crack pic on the pics thread- the barred one or the unbarred one? :?
I'm just asking because I got confused between you two. Really. *angel*
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

orald wrote:So now that you're both here- who posted that ass-crack pic on the pics thread- the barred one or the unbarred one? :?
I'm just asking because I got confused between you two. Really. *angel*
not me fella, you'd be hard pushed to find any form of picture of me on the net. or anywhere else for that matter! :lol:
I am a mortal god.
Secher Nbiw

Post by Secher Nbiw »

I'm the crackhead :D
orald

Post by orald »

Secher Nbiw wrote:I'm the crackhead :D
Aha, gott'cha! :)

So...how you doin'? :wink: No, no, I was just wondering, really, being confused between the two of you.
In memory of Perach, who suffered and died needlessly.

I wish I could have been with you that one last time.
Secher Nbiw

Post by Secher Nbiw »

nothing new here...

just plotting someone's downfall.
Secher_Nbiw

Post by Secher_Nbiw »

Secher Nbiw wrote:nothing new here...

just plotting someone's downfall.
that scarily sounds like someone i know... oh wait, me! your not a split personality side of me are you?
I am a mortal god.