Hello from NJ, USA

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Gtkgasman

Hello from NJ, USA

Post by Gtkgasman »

Hi,

I’m brand new to the site. I Just discovered it last week while reading some reviews. Wow - this is amazing, so much to navigate and absorb, amazing. Looking forward to having a lot of fun, and learning a lot, reading so many topics and discussions. I don’t do any social media at all, just a fan site or two for my interests.

I guess I am really just a Dune “newbie”, and casual fan/reader(!), at the moment , although my reading history spans 40 years. Lol. So, I expect I may be asking a lot of obvious or what appear to be stupid questions. 😉.

My quickie reading history:
Dune - 1983 (high school).
Dune Messiah through Heretics - 1987 (college).
Chapterhouse - 2020 (retired/lockdown).

Hunters and Sandworms - 2020.

Butlerian Jihad - 2023.
Machine Crusade - currently reading.

I plan to read the rest of the BH prequels and short stories. and then I plan to re-read FHs original series once again - In particular taking much more time and trying to delve deeper into understanding more nuance. It Will be a long journey, but I am in no rush. I have more time now than previously.

I have read other FH novels/series, and other authors series also (i.e. 2/3 through CS Lewis’ space trilogy), and will prob mix in various in between the dune journey.

Look forward to perusing the site and chatting!!
Serkanner
Administrator

Re: Hello from NJ, USA

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!

Word of caution. We are the Iduali and we do not look kindly to any of the books other than written by Frank Herbert. Of course it is okay to read and even like The Atrocities, as I have accustomed myself to name them, but expect strong opposition if debating any part of them or their writers. You should visit our dedicated part of the forums ( viewforum.php?f=13 ) to them to familiarize yourself with where are position arose from.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Gtkgasman

Post by Gtkgasman »

Thank you thank you!
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Hello, and welcome!

The BJ prequel trilogy is where my patience enduring the fake Dune books ended. I also have no problem reading dumb books for fun, for example I've liked reading Star Wars novels from time to time. But even KJA's SW books are undendurable. If even your SW fanfic is unreadable, then...
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
distrans

Post by distrans »

as an advise

dont rush through the archives to fast.
youll wash up on the shore of wanting for new material but noting it shows up OH so very slow...
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:

I suggest gaining a good understanding of FH's work before reading the McDune books. They'll put wrong ideas in your head.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman