Map of Arrakis in GEoD

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

jihacked

Map of Arrakis in GEoD

Post by jihacked »

So I'm nearing the halfway mark in God Emperor of Dune, and repeatedly find myself wishing there were a map at the end of the book, like the first Dune book has. So much has changed on Arrakis by now, and I am uncertain about the exact layout of the Citadel, the Sareer, Onn, etc.

Does anyone here know where such a map can be found? Has anyone attempted to create one themselves? Am I overlooking one somewhere obvious?
Peace demands solutions, but we never reach living solutions; we only work toward them. A fixed solution is, by definition, a dead solution. The trouble with peace is that it tends to punish mistakes instead of rewarding brilliance.
Serkanner
Administrator

Re: Map of Arrakis in GEoD

Post by Serkanner »

jihacked wrote:So I'm nearing the halfway mark in God Emperor of Dune, and repeatedly find myself wishing there were a map at the end of the book, like the first Dune book has. So much has changed on Arrakis by now, and I am uncertain about the exact layout of the Citadel, the Sareer, Onn, etc.

Does anyone here know where such a map can be found? Has anyone attempted to create one themselves? Am I overlooking one somewhere obvious?
There is no map other than the one in Dune. Perhaps a fan has tried his/her hand at drawing one, but I haven't seen any one.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I've never seen one. Leto gives Duncan a few key landmarks, print the one from Dune out and mark it up for us!
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

https://www.deviantart.com/hamo1701/art ... -951599744

I don't think this is accurate, but it's the only one I've ever seen.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman