Alien Life & The Crompton Ruins pdfs?

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Kinjal-al-erg

Alien Life & The Crompton Ruins pdfs?

Post by Kinjal-al-erg »

I’ve been searching, but can’t find copies of the pdfs for the two articles excluded from DE: Alien Life & original The
Crompton Ruins. (I could be wrong about the latter, but I thought there was a separate version of this one than was included in DE—correct me if I’m wrong!). Anyone have a copy or a link?

Cheers!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Alien Life & The Crompton Ruins pdfs?

Post by Freakzilla »

Never heard of them, I'd like to read them though. I can understand why the alien ruins one would be removed though, there's no mention of aliens in Dune, except the threat of encountering them as an excuse to keep atomic weapons.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Cpt. Aramsham

Post by Cpt. Aramsham »

The article on Alien Life that was written for but not included in the DE is available here. (It was also included on the Willis E. McNelly memorial site, now archived on archive.org; there are a lot of other interesting things worth checking out there, though the background makes it almost unreadable.) Given that it's just a lengthy presentation of the Drake Equation with almost no Dune-related material, I think it made sense to cut it.

I don't know anything about a different Crompton Ruins article to the one printed in the DE; I suspect what you may have heard about is this very same article (since it also references the Crompton Ruins).
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Cpt. Aramsham wrote: 28 Oct 2022 10:07 The article on Alien Life that was written for but not included in the DE is available here. (It was also included on the Willis E. McNelly memorial site, now archived on archive.org; there are a lot of other interesting things worth checking out there, though the background makes it almost unreadable.) Given that it's just a lengthy presentation of the Drake Equation with almost no Dune-related material, I think it made sense to cut it.

I don't know anything about a different Crompton Ruins article to the one printed in the DE; I suspect what you may have heard about is this very same article (since it also references the Crompton Ruins).
This is gold, thanks Captain
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Cpt. Aramsham

Post by Cpt. Aramsham »

Freakzilla wrote: 09 Feb 2023 02:24 This is gold, thanks Captain
Yeah, the McNelly tribute site was great. When I found it I was almost angry that nobody had told me about it earlier. Thank the Maker for Archive.org, right? (And drop them some coin if you're able; it's a vital service.)
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Cpt. Aramsham wrote: 10 Feb 2023 07:29
Freakzilla wrote: 09 Feb 2023 02:24 This is gold, thanks Captain
Yeah, the McNelly tribute site was great. When I found it I was almost angry that nobody had told me about it earlier. Thank the Maker for Archive.org, right? (And drop them some coin if you're able; it's a vital service.)
Me, too.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP