Alliance of the Sacred Suns (Master of Orion like game with Dune elements)

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Blake00

Alliance of the Sacred Suns (Master of Orion like game with Dune elements)

Post by Blake00 »

Just heard about an interesting project called Alliance of the Sacred Suns. While it looks like a Master of Orion like 4x space style strategy game it also seems a bit different in that it focuses more on you the emperor, in that it feels kinda of like a Dune - Padishah Emperor simulator managing those pesky greedy disobedient houses haha! Planetary management looks interesting, those separated regional environments and developments remind me of MOO3. A simple thing but I also love how the planets moons just swing past the camera while you're managing the world. Haven't seen any space battle footage so I dunno how that's managed. It's kickstarter campaign is over half way through but it's not even at half funded which is a bit worrying. It's been worked on for many years and seems so far along so hopefully the project would survive a KS failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7_Tt9YAZ7E

Blake's Sanctum:

- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, Quest for Glory IV-3D Hexen, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune Games , Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
georgiedenbro

Re: Alliance of the Sacred Suns (Master of Orion like game with Dune elements)

Post by georgiedenbro »

Thanks for the head's up! MOO is one of my favorite old series, and I wouldn't mind getting into another good TB strategy game. I still play Birth of the Federation sometimes! (with mods of course)
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"