what do i really care...

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

distrans

what do i really care...

Post by distrans »

ive a number of pursuits that don't meet legal mustar
least wise didnt traditionally

one in particular has really seemed to gain politically of recent an its going through the pains of birthing relegitimacy

kinda the deal when corperate interest see profits and make demands which politicians are bound to respond to where as before armys of constituents couldnt find an ounce of quarter

i used to mock the nacent advocates who were in the process of giving away all their hard fought gains to mickyD basically

id put it like this...

"you fucks and your freedom! youd sell it in a minute for a cell in a lock down IF they let you grow a plant in the closet and read as you wished..."

and they would

and they did...

theres a lot to like about this place BUT for the most part i can see that all of youd happily sign yourself up for a cell with bars if it came with an amazon prime version of a library card

wouldnt you?
Serkanner
Administrator

Re: what do i really care...

Post by Serkanner »

What?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Naib

Post by Naib »

That's mad.
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Ok, ok! I think I parsed it. I think he's saying that he's in the pot-growing business and that even in newly legal states it's still only borderline legal given what Federal law says. And then after that I think he's talking about corporate lobbying, where you give up your gains to sway the Congress, and where you're fighting for de-regulation. But then he seems to say that they don't really care about freedom, what they care about is money and getting what they want, and they'd sell their freedom for a prison cell if it was comfortable enough.

I guess this is tangentially related to Dune, insofar as I can imagine that pre-jihad the people had voluntarily (or in some cases involuntarily) sold their freedom away for the convenience of having machines do everything for them. Not exactly the same thing as the pot issue, but I can see the argument that "freedom" advocates don't really believe in freedom as an abstract principle and are merely voracious materialists.

How did I do, distrans??
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

I'm beginning to feel distrans' handle is particularly apt.
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

georgiedenbro wrote:Ok, ok! I think I parsed it. I think he's saying that he's in the pot-growing business and that even in newly legal states it's still only borderline legal given what Federal law says. And then after that I think he's talking about corporate lobbying, where you give up your gains to sway the Congress, and where you're fighting for de-regulation. But then he seems to say that they don't really care about freedom, what they care about is money and getting what they want, and they'd sell their freedom for a prison cell if it was comfortable enough.

I guess this is tangentially related to Dune, insofar as I can imagine that pre-jihad the people had voluntarily (or in some cases involuntarily) sold their freedom away for the convenience of having machines do everything for them. Not exactly the same thing as the pot issue, but I can see the argument that "freedom" advocates don't really believe in freedom as an abstract principle and are merely voracious materialists.

How did I do, distrans??
I was thinking it was originally an Economist article on the geopolitical consequences of Chinese stamp downs on the Uighurs in Xinjiang, only the article was whispered by the author into the ear of a listener, then passed down the same way through 500 other people. Distrans just heard it last.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Omphalos wrote: I was thinking it was originally an Economist article on the geopolitical consequences of Chinese stamp downs on the Uighurs in Xinjiang, only the article was whispered by the author into the ear of a listener, then passed down the same way through 500 other people. Distrans just heard it last.
:lol:
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
distrans

Post by distrans »

Omphalos wrote:I was thinking it was originally an Economist article on the geopolitical consequences of Chinese stamp downs on the Uighurs in Xinjiang, only the article was whispered by the author into the ear of a listener, then passed down the same way through 500 other people. Distrans just heard it last.
im told writing it down is a major fuck up...

george got it

the folks who kept it alive and tripled its content have been shunted aside by the business model which has gotten one element of the state to relent in the worest of its persecution

taxing it to death is unconsciousable
same with holding all the POWs

the good money see it as politicians seeing a structure full of holes happens to have alot of support so fuck yea!

the tax CREATES the black market and lets get more robocops cuz we got all these mom and pops opperations to bust meanwhile high crime as moved into forging the labels it takes to get your shit on the publics plate in these places...
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Well, not sure high taxes = typical POW mistreatment. But aren't you allowed to grow a certain amount for personal use? I was going to do a CA continuing legal education class on pot law, but never got around to it. But despite my ignorance, pretty sure you can grow your own, for personal use.

Or are you pissed that your own operation is going to get busted? Cry me a river.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:obscene-smokingjoint:

This explains everything.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
distrans

Post by distrans »

careful now with that tempting reveal of what irons you keep in the fire...
a light on for

me its a not so old scripture that goes

"i asked 'where are the poor' and they called me a saint...
i asked 'why are they poor' and they called me a communist"

when miners break into tunnels someone dug in ways they don't understand
they call it 'old works'

https://www.icmag.com/modules/News/show ... adid=40129
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

:cookie sm:
distrans

Post by distrans »

it amazes me how I can see it so obviously in certain regards
while riding the head of one of them going his rounds without even knowing it...
distrans

Post by distrans »

so again

we have reached an inpass where
ordinarily we all retreat satisfied

ive a question

what is the begging something that you see my reasoning oblivious to?

id like to hear it from those who read around here...

what am i not getting?!?!?

seriously,'
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Kinda hoping they don't have computers in jail.

Goodnight Golden Path!
distrans

Post by distrans »

your lending nothing to me think twice about any of those jokes about lawyers ive laughted at over the years...
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

distrans wrote:your lending nothing to me think twice about any of those jokes about lawyers ive laughted at over the years...
So not only are you intentionally and annoyingly unintelligible, but you think that lawyer jokes cut us to the quick? You've sure got my number, pal!

Goodnight Golden Path!
distrans

Post by distrans »

didn't sail anyware
just noted which way the wind continues to blow...

the ex is a corperate lawyers whos the misfortune of being ethical
kept me around for years
number of reason

could actually talk show and
she liked the brand of heresy I could spit out

but only to a point

them it was my fucking head!

"your the only person whos ever made me fell CONSERVATIVE..." she yelled this only

sorry baby but getting thrown out of UNIV whatever name i should know it was doest excuse war mongering

ive the suspicion that despise you decent folks best intent the enviroment is soul killing

were rubbing elbows over corperate property issues now

i can stop
can you?