How hot are you?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

trang

Re: How hot are you?

Post by trang »

here in the middle of the US, KC MO.... its mid 40's during day low 20's at night... relatively no precip... fog... some light rain but nothing substantial.

Woman wear a lot more cloths, but still wear them tightly, so you just have to imagine a little more:)
"Long Live the Fighters", "Dragon.....the other white meat."

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I believe it's going to get down to freezing in Atlanta tonight... I'm going to build an igloo...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

The Death Storm is slowly approaching our left coast. They are telling us our days are numbered. Farewell, my friends. Drink to the memory of Ragabash and I!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Damn, now I have to stop at the liquor store on the way home! :P :obscene-drinkingchug:

No, really... what storm? I heard there's been huge amounts of rain on the west coast, more coming?
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Some sections of the coast are supposed to receive upwards of 9 inches of rain, lots of flooding, hurricane strength wind gusts, blizzard warnings for the Siskiyous.

Rob
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

They are saying that this storm that will hit Northern California tonight will be the biggest storm in hundreds of years. We are all being advised to stay home tomorrow. I am going home early today to prepare the house for it. They are calling for five inches of rain across the entire central valley and the blizzards in the High Sierra should drop several feet of snow. Thank the maker for the water, but sheesh!

Where are you again, Rob? Medford?

Goodnight Golden Path!
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Just north of Medford, in Grants Pass. They are calling for around 3-5 inches in my area, the creeks and rivers have already started to run high froom what we received today.

Rob
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Well, that storm was a big fat let-down. Rained all day here, which in and of itself is very rare, but there were no winds, no wrath of god. All in all it was a very cozy "storm."

Goodnight Golden Path!
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

The valley twice lost power so the work day was a total bust. Basically babysitting kids and keeping them from doing anything stupid.

Rob
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Robspierre wrote:Basically babysitting kids and keeping them from doing anything stupid.

Rob
A herculean task, good luck.

It's been in the 30s in morning and 60s in the afternoon here lately, typical late fall in Georgia. Parka at night, flip-flops in the day. :?
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

That one rainstorm last week took a few of our reserviors from 24% capacity to 31%. It's raining today, and we are supposed to have a giant storm come through again Thursday or so.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

They're predicting 2-4" of snow in Atlanta tonight, pray to the Maker for us.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

They are already forcibly moving people out of the lowlands of the Central Valley here in CA. They expect the Yuba River to massively overflow its banks tonight, and we have three days of rain coming on us now, and another three next week. I have not seen free sandbags available like this in the Valley for years. I think Sacramento may be flushed away out of the SF Bay Delta this weekend. It's sunny at the moment, but they say death looms large. I'll let you all know if I make it.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Been out one week due to snow, three feet around the school where I teach at, then we got hit by rain that froze and turned the entire area into an ice rink, and tonight the upper elevations are transitioning back to snow while the lower elevations flood, and I, again, am not working Monday, but hopefully will be back in the classroom on Tuesday...

I had 8-9 inches at my apartment of heavy wet snow out of the three storms that hit last week. Rain has melted most of that away.

Rob
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Fortunately it wasn't as bad as they had forecast. I got ice and maybe an inch of snow that's almost all melted.
~Pink Snowman