Where are the Bernie Threads, You Commie Bastards?

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Where are the Bernie Threads, You Commie Bastards?

Post by Freakzilla »

SandRider wrote:I still think he will defy the party and take that black general,
what's his name, Freak?
Colin Powell? That would be fitting, he's not really a Republican either.

I say we get rid of gender bathrooms. One bathroom for all free-for-all. Look at or talk to me or my kids in the bathroom and I shoot you in the face. Problem solved.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

I've been following the election since all the candidates announced, so it's been incredibly surreal to now be so close to the end of the primary process.

We've seen low Democratic voter turnout and high Republican voter turnout, which is to be expected considering the free-for-all that follows an incumbent's term expiration. However, Republican turnout suggests Trump is producing a sort of "Obama effect" in getting out the vote. With historically low favorability ratings for both him and Clinton, it really is a toss-up for who would win.

However, only Clinton is currently under investigation by the FBI for breaching FOIA and national security-related laws in using her private server. That investigation would not be going on for so long unless the FBI is finding evidence to compel it to continue. My guess? The Clinton Foundation is a slush fund used to launder bribes from corporations and foreign nations in exchange for favorable policy during Hillary Clinton's tenure as Secretary of State.

It's also known that Bill Clinton suggested to Trump he run, if not actively encouraged it. The question is whether Trump is still on-script, or if he's realized he can win against Clinton and gone rogue.

Sanders is the obvious choice, unless you're willing to vote Green only to give their party the minimum threshold necessary to receive federal campaign funds in 2020, or the Libertarian ticket that is shaping up to be very paleoconservative rather than neoconservative.
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Redstar wrote: My guess? The Clinton Foundation is a slush fund used to launder bribes from corporations and foreign nations in exchange for favorable policy during Hillary Clinton's tenure as Secretary of State.
You don't need to guess. It is that. The question is whether they can prove it, and whether the investigation will be impeded. I read that the FBI has begun a separate investigation into the Clinton Foundation.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Her will will not be indicted. The investigation will suspend when Her gets classified clearance
after Her accepts the nomination. If Her wins the general, Her will tell Staff to end the investigation
and confiscate evidence. If Her loses the general, Her will be drug thru four years of congressional
hearings, which will be fun in and of itself, but will not result in Her Doing Time™.

we're coming down to it, boys, the culmination of decades of planning and strategy,
Bill's Wife is about to get crazy like you ain't never seen. I'm sorry I lived so long
to see all this. Esp if Her wins, good lord .... :(

on the other hand, this is the closest to a revolutionary moment as we've had since 1968,
not that all that turned out well ... if we do bust up the DNC, I'll take that as a win and die
happy. And speaking of dieing happy, I can't shake the idea that Bill will pass on if Her loses,
maybe before Christmas. Letting Her win gives him another four years anyway, not that he'd
do much with it.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Isn't Him going to run the economy?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
georgiedenbro

Post by georgiedenbro »

Omphalos wrote:Isn't Him going to run the economy?
No, you're thinking of The Goldman Sachs.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

georgiedenbro wrote:Image

They make some supposedly awesome beer up here in Canada. This one is French and literally translates as "The end of the world." I'm not sure if they mean this is the ideal drink for when the world in ending, or if it means that drinking this will a) make the world end, b) make you not care if it was. Either way I'm told it's great.
La Fin Du Mond is how I finish out an evening, and I really like it. Wells Banana Bread Beer and Monty Python's Holy GrAle are a couple other favorites.

oh, I also would love to vote for Bernie in the General election.

I was surprised that the Republicans didn't have a single 'serious' candidate to bring at all. Rubio might be there later in his career. I was surprised Cruz made it so far, it looked like even the people around him looked creeped out.

We'll have 3 years of Trump before he resigns out of boredom or gets impeached or 4 years of trying to impeach Clinton again. Either way, it'll be a while before any meaningful legislation gets put forward, which will probably be an amendment to the Constitution reducing the Supreme Court to 8 Justices.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I'm hoping for a miracle Independent or Libertarian candidate to rise up.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Freakzilla wrote:I'm hoping for a miracle Independent or Libertarian candidate to rise up.
Who's on the ballot of all fifty states? Is that even possible now?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

The Libertarian Party is the only "third party" with ballot access in all 50 states.

Gary Johnson recently secured the nomination, with running mate William Weld. Johnson was the two-term governor of New Mexico while Weld was governor of Massachussets. Both held office as Republicans, which has been their largest criticism: Republican "lite" pandering to disaffected centrists on both sides of the political alignment. It's also likely the smart move.

Johnson is currently polling around 10%. 15% guarantees him a slot at the national debates, where he can plead his case. The media has also done a good job propping him up in the last few days since his nomination, as evidenced by his and the party's spike in search interest online, and membership growth.
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Johnson actually was not a bad governor, I did vote for him for his second term.

Rob
DuneDecides

Post by DuneDecides »

There's only one true progressive in this race, and we all know who it is!
003.jpg
https://www.twitter.com/atreides2016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.twitter.com/dunedecides" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

fuck me, boys, the only plan we have left is real long shot - we needs them THREE electoral college votes from Vermont. They can write-in Bernie. Or get enough Greens to vote in New Hampshire, but I'm not sitting on my dick til that happens.

anyway, deny both those shitheels 270, throw it to the House. Paul Ryan wants Trump the fuck gone, he wants to run in 20. They hate Her. As long as Jill and that pothead don't get any EC votes, the House HAS to choose between Her, the turnip, or Bernie. It's actually realistic to think the House would choose Sen Sanders. So anybody you know in Vermont, hound the SHIT out of them.

there's a number of articles floating around this week explaining this idea in detail, i'm not posting links, fuck you, do your own research. I'm not your Sherpa out of ignorance.
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

SandRider wrote:Rob, I'll not say I haven't stuffed ballot boxes for the democrats
of course I have I've been too long in the party statistically to not have

but i'm telling you Her is pulling out all the stops
GodDAMMIT, but was I right, or what? fuckballs, boys, that was the biggest heist I've ever seen in my life! Impressive, actually. :(
ImageImage

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Yesterday WikiLeaks released 2,050 E-mails (out of an upcoming total 50,000) from Hillary For America 2016 campaign Chairman John Podesta, who is also a long-time associate of the Clintons and was President Bill Clinton's Chief of Staff.

Some of you might have missed this because the HFA '16 campaign quickly leaked the lewd video of Trump as a distraction, so the story didn't get as much traction until today. The leaks provide a very intimate look into the campaign during the primaries, including the origin of certain smear tactics and narratives used against Sanders. Excerpts of her paid speeches to Goldman Sachs were also included, proving Sanders correct on a multitude of issues.

Excerpts of Hillary Clinton’s Paid Speeches to Goldman Sachs Finally Leaked
The excerpts are revealed in an email from Tony Carrk, the research director of the Clinton campaign, to John Podesta, the campaign chairman, and other top campaign officials. Carrk, who did not respond to a request for comment, highlighted in the memo the most politically damaging quotes from each paid speech, under headers including "CLINTON ADMITS SHE IS OUT OF TOUCH," "CLINTON SAYS YOU NEED TO HAVE A PRIVATE AND PUBLIC POSITION ON POLICY," and "CLINTON REMARKS ARE PRO KEYSTONE AND PRO TRADE."

Discussing middle class economic anxieties, Clinton told a crowd at a Goldman Sachs-sponsored speech that she is now "kind of far removed because the life I've lived and the economic, you know, fortunes that my husband and I now enjoy, but I haven't forgotten it."

Touching on her view of developing financial regulations, Clinton declared to a crowd of Goldman Sachs bankers that in order to "figure out what works," the "people that know the industry better than anybody are the people who work in the industry."

At the Goldman Sachs Builders and Innovators Summit, Clinton responded to a question from chief executive Lloyd Blankfein, who quipped that you "go to Washington" to "make a small fortune." Clinton agreed with the comment and complained about ethics rules that require officials to divest from certain assets before entering government. "There is such a bias against people who have led successful and/or complicated lives," Clinton said.

Clinton also told a housing trade group in 2013 that on certain issues, she has "a public and a private position." "If everybody's watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least," said Clinton. "So, you need both a public and a private position."
Hillary Clinton, In Paid Speeches To Wall Street, Promoted Commission That Pushed Social Security Cuts
Clinton promised on the campaign trail that she would oppose the 12-nation Trans Pacific Partnership, and that she "will stop any trade deal that kills jobs or holds down wages." But in the email released by Wikileaks, she is shown telling a Brazilian bank that, "My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders." She also is quoted saying: "We have to resist protectionism, other kinds of barriers to market access and to trade and I would like to see this get much more attention and be not just a policy for a year under president X or president Y but a consistent one."

Clinton on the campaign trail declared, "I won't cut Social Security." Yet in the email's excerpts of her Morgan Stanley speech, she lauded a presidential commission that proposed changes that would slash Social Security benefits, according to experts.

The email shows Clinton specifically telling Morgan Stanley that the Simpson-Bowles commission "put forth the right framework" for dealing with fiscal challenges. She also said "the Simpson-Bowles framework and the big elements of it were right."

As the nonpartisan Center on Budget and Policy Priorities reported in 2011, that commission proposed a plan to "cut benefits for the vast majority of Social Security recipients, weaken the link between a recipient’s benefits and past earnings (which could undermine public support for the program), and, despite the claims of the co-chairs, fail to protect most low-income workers from benefit cuts."

Clinton was criticized during the Democratic primary for her ties to Wall Street -- and she depicted herself as someone who had been tough on the financial industry. But in other speech excerpts from the email, Clinton appeared to laud the financial industry, and tout her work helping enrich it.

The email shows that in a speech to a securities law firm, she said "I represented and worked with so many talented principled people who made their living in finance." The email shows her also saying that while she supports some efforts to raise taxes on the financial executives, "I represented them and did all I could to make sure they continued to prosper." (In a previous interview, Clinton said of the financial industry bailout: "I think the banks of New York and our other financial institutions are probably the biggest winners in this, which is one of the reasons why in the end, despite my serious questions about it, I supported it.")

Another excerpt in the email shows Clinton suggesting that Wall Street executives are best positioned to write government rules that regulate Wall Street.

"There's nothing magic about regulations, too much is bad, too little is bad," she told a Goldman Sachs symposium. "How do you get to the golden key, how do we figure out what works? And the people that know the industry better than anybody are the people who work in the industry."
Harvey Weinstein Urged Clinton Campaign to Silence Sanders’s Black Lives Matter Message
Hacked emails show that movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, a longtime ally of Hillary Clinton and a major fundraiser for her 2016 campaign, urged her campaign team to silence rival Bernie Sanders's message against police shootings of African-Americans. He suggested countering it with "the Sandy Hook issue" — a reference to Sanders's opposition to lawsuits against gun manufacturers.

In an April 10 email sent to Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook, just days before the New York primary, Weinstein invited Mook to meet up. He pointed to a Sanders ad featuring Erica Garner — the daughter of Eric Garner, who was killed by New York City police officers — as well as growing support for Sanders among Latino activist leaders. "I'm probably telling you what you know already, but that needs to be silenced, probably with the Sandy Hook issue," he wrote.

Mook wrote back replying to Weinstein's offer to meet up and discuss strategy: "Are you kidding? Let's do it! I'm here all week. This is all hands on deck–it's must win!Would tomorrow or Tuesday work?"
Finally, the HFA '16 campaign sent the DNC a memo outlining their "Pied Piper" strategy for "elevating" a far-right Republican candidate (Cruz, Carson, & Trump listed) two months before Trump declared his candidacy.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/784908158426869761
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

What a saga! WikiLeaks dumped their fifth batch of John Podesta leaks yesterday, which included an E-mail containing his Apple password.

Podesta did not have two-factor authentification on any account. Dumbass. His Outlook, Cloud, and Twitter were immediately hacked, wiped, and documents up until yesterday (including current election information, and discussion of prior leaks) sent to WikiLeaks.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

All this is being ignored because pussy grabbing gets more attention.
~Pink Snowman
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Freakzilla wrote:All this is being ignored because pussy grabbing gets more attention.
Every Trump "scandal" hit the MSM within an hour of every legitimate HRC/WJC scandal of the primaries and general. The leaks so far have demonstrated the level of coordination the DNC and HFA have had with the media, to the point of passing on questions in advance and discussing how to handle Trump in interviews.

This is just the sixth day of leaks. WikiLeaks has promised ten weeks, with all election-related materials completely curated and available to the public by the November election. Far more to come.
Sardaukar Capt

Post by Sardaukar Capt »

Hillary learned what scandals get the most traction in the media from her husband's presidency thus the Trump "pussy" tape "trumps" all her crooked deals. I don't care for either candidate, but I would think Trump would make a bigger deal about all this crap coming out about her. He could probably sway some Bernie supports to vote for him to spite Hillary.
The name Atreides was also consciously chosen. It is the family name of Agamemnon. Says Herbert, "I wanted a sense of monumental aristocracy, but with tragedy hanging over them--and in our culture, Agamemnon personifies that."
Frank Herbert by Tim O'Reilly
http://tim.oreilly.com/herbert/

Ghanima said. "We Atreides go back to Agamemnon..."
Distracted, Irulan asked: "Who's Agamemnon?"

Children of Dune by Frank Herbert

WTF? A BG forgets the Titans?! :)
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

My only concern is that WikiLeaks is operating as a 'limited hangout' campaign. That's essentially what became of the FBI's investigation into HRC's private E-mail server.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

The Most Important WikiLeaks Revelation Isn't About Hillary Clinton
The most important revelation in the WikiLeaks dump of John Podesta's emails has nothing to do with Hillary Clinton. The messages go all the way back to 2008, when Podesta served as co-chair of President-elect Barack Obama's transition team. And a month before the election, the key staffing for that future administration was almost entirely in place, revealing that some of the most crucial decisions an administration can make occur well before a vote has been cast.

Michael Froman, who is now U.S. trade representative but at the time was an executive at Citigroup, wrote an email to Podesta on October 6, 2008, with the subject "Lists." Froman used a Citigroup email address. He attached three documents: a list of women for top administration jobs, a list of non-white candidates, and a sample outline of 31 cabinet-level positions and who would fill them. "The lists will continue to grow," Froman wrote to Podesta, "but these are the names to date that seem to be coming up as recommended by various sources for senior level jobs."
Hacked Emails Prove Coordination Between Clinton Campaign and Super PACs
Super PACs are only allowed to accept unlimited contributions on the condition that the money is spent independently of specific campaigns. The Federal Election Commission hasn't reacted for a variety of reasons, including a lack of hard evidence, vague rules, and a partisan divide among the commissioners so bitter they can't even agree to investigate obvious crimes.

But newly disclosed hacked campaign documents published by WikiLeaks and a hacker who calls himself Guccifer 2.0 reveal in stark terms how Hillary Clinton's staffers made Super PACs an integral part of her presidential campaign.
Memo Shows What Major Donors Like Goldman Sachs Want From Democratic Party
Wall Street donors have used their financial relationship with the Democratic Party to complain bitterly about Sen. Elizabeth Warren's, D-Mass., influence over the direction of the party, a new fundraising document reveals. At one point, the Democratic lawmaker in charge of raising cash for House Democrats attempted to reassure donors by pointing to a news story claiming that Warren does not speak for the party.
Aide Planted Anti-Bank Comments in One Paid Clinton Speech to Throw Reporters Off the Scent
A top aide calculatingly inserted a passage critical of the financial industry into one of Hillary Clinton's many highly-paid speeches to big banks, "precisely for the purpose of having something we could show people if ever asked what she was saying behind closed doors for two years to all those fat cats," he wrote in an email posted by Wikileaks.

In late November 2015, campaign speechwriter Dan Schwerin wrote an email to other top aides floating the idea of leaking that passage, which had come in a speech Clinton gave to Deutsche Bank in October 2014 in return for $260,000.

"I wrote her a long riff about economic fairness and how the financial industry has lost its way," for that purpose, Schwerin wrote. "Perhaps at some point there will be value in sharing this with a reporter and getting a story written. Upside would be that when people say she's too close to Wall Street and has taken too much money from bankers, we can point to evidence that she wasn't afraid to speak truth to power."
Hillary Clinton And Wall Street: Financial Industry May Control Retirement Savings In A Clinton Administration
While Hillary Clinton has spent the presidential campaign saying as little as possible about her ties to Wall Street, the executive who some observers say could be her Treasury Secretary has been openly promoting a plan to give financial firms control of hundreds of billions of dollars in retirement savings. The executive is Tony James, president of the Blackstone Group.

The investment colossus is most famous in politics for its Republican CEO likening an Obama tax plan to a Nazi invasion. James, though, is a longtime Democrat — and one of Clinton’s top fundraisers. The billionaire sculpted the retirement initiative with a prominent labor economist whose work is supported by another investment mogul who is a big Clinton donor. The proposal has received bipartisan praise from prominent economic thinkers, and James says that Clinton’s top aides are warming to the idea.

It is a plan that proponents say could help millions of Americans — but could also enrich another constituency: the hedge fund and private equity industries that Blackstone dominates and that have donated millions to support Clinton’s presidential bid.

The proposal would require workers and employers to put a percentage of payroll into individual retirement accounts "to be invested well in pooled plans run by professional investment managers," as James put it. In other words, individual voluntary 401(k)s would be replaced by a single national system, and much of the mandated savings would flow to Wall Street, where companies like Blackstone could earn big fees off the assets. And because of a gap in federal anti-corruption rules, there would be little to prevent the biggest investment contracts from being awarded to the biggest presidential campaign donors.
Redstar

Post by Redstar »

The FBI will re-open its investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server, bureau director James Comey said in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Friday.

"In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation … I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation," he wrote.
FBI Says It Will Investigate New Hillary Clinton Emails
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

all this "email dump" has proved in that Podesta is a political operative and Her is a politician.

it also proves that Julian Assange is an attention-whoring cocksucker. Bitch wouldn't know a "bombshell" if it climbed up into his ass and exploded. Even if he DID have "indictable material", what good does it do now? Her is the fucking nominee, Her is running against Orange Hitler. Before the convention, THAT would have been a good time to drop a "Clinton Bombshell". Fuck Jules in his pencil-neck. Whiny bitch, I hope he gets malaria.
ImageImage

Redstar

Post by Redstar »

Assange never stated the material he has is related to HRC, let alone that it would lead to her prosecution.

He did, however, leak documents relating to the DNC prior to the convention. Five people resigned from the Committee, including chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz. There was more than enough leverage to force Clinton to withdraw, but the party opted against it. It's fully on the DNC that they kept her as nominee despite all evidence that more leaks were coming.
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Well boys, the die is cast. Her will receive 352 EC votes. Better than mini-Hitler, I guess, but my heart is broken & hurting.
ImageImage