Hail!

The Last Burseg

Hail!

Post by The Last Burseg »

Good evening! Or whatever time it might be in your neck of the woods.

I fear I've been looking forward to posting on here for some time! Despite some minor trouble with registration, and very generous assistance from Freakzilla(my thanks again, sir), I'm on officially. In the meantime I'd taken to reading over a couple of threads that caught my eye, and such only encouraged my curiosity.

I've reembarked on reading over Herbert's saga again, having been a good six years since I last read any of his books. But the same problem plagues me now as then - I have no one to share the experience or my thoughts with! The only other Herbertarian I know of is my mother, who introduced me to his work, but her interest drops off after Children. I admit, I was much the same way, though I find the situation presented in Heretics and Chapterhouse to be utterly fascinating today. I look forward to getting to them in my rereading of the series.

It seems, also, that you folks are the only Dune board out there anymore. Dunenovels I guess is still a thing but their forum is unavailable. A result of the Jihad I've seen mentioned, perhaps?

Regardless, off I go to lurk, and perhaps to post!
georgiedenbro

Re: Hail!

Post by georgiedenbro »

Hello! This was also the only Dune forum I could find when I first joined, and it turns out not to have merely been the only game in town but is also a great place to participate in discussion as well as a treasure trove of research and work. I hope you enjoy joining as much as I did.
"um-m-m-ah-h-h-hm-m-m-m!"
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Naib

Post by Naib »

Welcome! This is the only place for real Dune/Herbert discussion.
The Last Burseg

Post by The Last Burseg »

After looking around the discussion sections when I first found Jacurutu, I'd have to agree. I really need to step up my game if I want to keep up!

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.
lotek

Post by lotek »

Achlan wa-sachlan!
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

The Last Burseg wrote:Good evening! Or whatever time it might be in your neck of the woods.
:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:
I've reembarked on reading over Herbert's saga again, having been a good six years since I last read any of his books. But the same problem plagues me now as then - I have no one to share the experience or my thoughts with! The only other Herbertarian I know of is my mother, who introduced me to his work, but her interest drops off after Children. I admit, I was much the same way, though I find the situation presented in Heretics and Chapterhouse to be utterly fascinating today. I look forward to getting to them in my rereading of the series.
Follow along in the Reading Group!
It seems, also, that you folks are the only Dune board out there anymore. Dunenovels I guess is still a thing but their forum is unavailable. A result of the Jihad I've seen mentioned, perhaps?
That place dried up just fine on it's own.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Hellooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unca Mike and the Spice Grand Leech (who used to run that board) must've stopped caring or something. Like everyone else over there.

Seriously, that place was really bad. Heavy handed post-cutting by Byron Merritt, Franks grandson.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

Welcome. Your Water is Mine.
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008