New FanFiction Threads for Jacurutu

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Jodorowsky's Acolyte

New FanFiction Threads for Jacurutu

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Awhile ago, I recall Omphalos discussing with Naive Mind about posting fanfiction on Jacurutu. We have two fanfiction contest threads, but we don't any threads where fanfiction can be posted freely. I suggest some possible threads which our more creative members can post in: Orthodox Herbertarian Fan Fiction, McDune Fan Fiction, and Post-Modern Crazy Dune-based Fiction. The first thread would be for Dune fan fiction which is faithful to Frank Herbert's universe, while the second thread would be for parodies of the prequels+interquels, or for stories set in that universe (which might as well be parodies, anyway).

The last thread would be for Dune screenplays; Dune game design documents; fanfiction inspired by the Lynch, Harrison, and Jodorowsky versions of Dune; fanfiction inspired by the video games; parodies of any of the Dune films or games; satires of the various making of Dune film stories; Dune stories written in the styles of other authors; or stories that are inspired by Dune.

The third thread may sound a tad bit crazy, but since adapting Dune to various form of media do differ from the source material, I think that a such a thread would be a good spot for Dune fans to express their love of the universe in an unorthodox fashion. The third thread gives more room for creativity that doesn't fit in the first two thread. It's just a possible suggestion in case the first two threads would be too confining.

Additionally, you could have a General Fiction thread for members to write out ideas that aren't Dune related at all.

Are my suggestions feasible?
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: New FanFiction Threads for Jacurutu

Post by Freakzilla »

viewforum.php?f=39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We'll see what kind of response we get before making sub-forums.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Much obliged, my Lord Freak! Thanks. :D
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I exist only to serve. :D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman