Star Citizen

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Ampoliros

Star Citizen

Post by Ampoliros »

Can't believe it took me this long to mention this here, but seeing as how no one else has...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M995Mqr ... MXivxG-r3V[/youtube]
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know we have a lot of gamers here, and this is a piece of living PC gaming legendry in the making. The game should be hitting $15 million in crowdfunding any day now.

I've already pledged for an unhealthy amount...
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SadisticCynic

Re: Star Citizen

Post by SadisticCynic »

Is it already up and running? You seem to be able to purchase various packages from the Store, unless that's for some kind of beta...
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Its still in the crowdfunding stage, the packages are to help support the development, every ship will be available in game for in-game money (or capture in the case of alien tech/Military Assets i.e the carrier you see in the trailer can be run by players...good luck capturing one and keeping it running though!).

Alpha will be done in two stages with the Hanger being release at the end of August and the Dogfighting module in Dec. Those will be used to balance out weapons/thrust etc and slowly evolve into the beta which will include a planetside social ring. Beta for the single player campaign should be about this time next year. Full release is projected as 2015.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

I play EvE Online since half a year. A lot of players there are also looking forward to Star Citizen, as is I.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."