Happy Fathers' Day

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Eyes High
Patience Personified

Happy Fathers' Day

Post by Eyes High »

Just wanted to take the time to wish all the fathers on this board a wonderful Fathers' Day. I thought we already had a thread like this but it didn't show up in the search, so forgive me if I've made a duplicate.

Well anyhow Happy Fathers' Day to my fellow Jacurutans who have had the experience of the joys and trials of raising children. :romance-lovestory: :angelic-little: :sleeping-sleeping: :sleeping-drool: :teasing-binkybaby: :teasing-blah: :occasion-xmas: :character-koolaid: :character-kermit: :character-cookiemonster: :character-count: :character-grover: :puke-right: :puke-left: :animals-bunny: :animals-cat: :animals-dogrun: :animals-dogrun: :character-oscar: :character-spongebobdance: And to the new fathers. Just wait my friends...it gets interesting. :violence-captureflagred: :violence-captureflagblue: :cat fight: :angry-cussingargument: :angry-extinguishflame: :angry-nono: :angry-screaming: :angry-soapbox:

Enjoy them while they last :mrgreen:
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Happy Fathers' Day

Post by Freakzilla »

I can't wait until they're old enough to cut the grass. :cry:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Thank you very much! Six kids & five grandkids all out of the house, sometimes it makes me laugh, sometimes I cry.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

My kids couldn't wait til today, so they attacked me in bed and gave me a Barnes & Noble card yesterday. Already have three new Banks and one new Farmer book.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

D Pope wrote:Thank you very much! Six kids & five grandkids all out of the house, sometimes it makes me laugh, sometimes I cry.

Six kids?! :o Busy little beaver won't you. :mrgreen:

My hat's off to you. We've only got three biological sons. (Although there is about 7 or 9 other ones that call me their second Mom) Double Happy Fathers' Day to you :clap:

Edited to add: Freak that step-son of yours is old enough ain't he? They just need to be able to reach the handle to push the mower.

Our 13 year old has been doing some of the weed-eating for about 2 1/2 years now. Just told him I wanted him to start cutting the grass for us. That I would pay him $20 a month to do so. (yeah I know I'm a cheap b...) It's only half an acre of grass. :chores-mowlawn:

OH, and Freak don't forget the other chores they can do now: :chores-mop: :chores-chopwood: :chores-laundry:
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Our oldest (3, going on 4) has reached that fun stage where he likes to help out with chores.

(And, yes, I know it will be over soon ...)
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

My biological father:

My accommodations inside our hootch at HHT, 3rd Squadron, 17th Air Cav, Di An, Viet Nam. Notice the netting over my bunk to keep out scorpions, spiders, centipedes, and oh yea... mosquitoes.
http://kendrickiii.art.officelive.com/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I grew up in the suburbs of New Orleans. My first visit to Jackson Square in the French Quarter completely fascinated me... seeing the artists at work... the ability to create a three-dimensional image on a two-dimensional surface... I knew then that was something I wanted to be able to do!"

As long as I can remember I always loved old boats, old buildings and historical stuff. Whenever my mother had company from out of town she always took them for good New Orleans food and a visit to some of the old plantation houses along the River Road. As a small boy I tagged along. Those old places captured my imagination and I have been drawing and painting them since. Now I have retired to the Atlanta area due to poor health... but I sure miss that New Orleans cooking!

Kendrick III Studio

After being discharged from the army in 1970 Mr. Kendrick began a career in the art field; first as an artist for the Yellow Pages in New Orleans then as the assistant advertising manager for a regional food chain. Later he worked as the ad manager in a local store for a national furniture chain. Tiring of the constant pressure of retail advertising, Mr. Kendrick resigned from his job and security in advertising to pursue a full time career of painting in late 1976. Kendrick III Studio was born and as they say... the rest is history.

Artist's Statement

"I try to build my art on fine craftsmanship which requires my being in full control of the medium and technique during all stages of a painting... from drawing and composition, to color and value control. A technician may or may not be an artist but an artist must be a technician... whether you prefer abstract or realistic art. To me, realism is a consious effort by the artist to select, delete or rearrange subject matter and forms any way he wants... using color, shape, etc to create a common language anyone can appreciate... and hopefully enjoy."

My step-dad:
Richard "Dick" Warren, CBB, CCB, LD, PHD, MBA, BCS, ABR, QSC, CEO, WAR, EH, NHU, CPHB
Associate Real Estate Broker, Licensed in Georgia # 244291 e-mail dick.warren@metrobrokers.com
(770) 714-5555 Cell (404) 843-2500 Pager
2000 – Present – Associate Real Estate Broker & Senior Commercial / Business Broker
Metro Brokers GMAC Real Estate, 3600 Dallas Highway, Suite 100, Marietta, Ga. 30064
http://www.dickwarren.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.metrobrokers.com/dick.warren" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2007 Number 1 Top Multi-Million Dollar Producer for Metro Brokers GMAC Real Estate in my office. Senior Commercial Brokerage, Business Brokerage and Elegant Home Residential Licensed Realtor in the State of Georgia since July of 2001. In the top 5% of sales with Metro Brokers GMAC Real Estate being a member of their multi-million dollar Top Producer's SUMMIT CLUB. Commercial Listings in one month were over $46.7 million dollars accomplished all on my own within a three month period. I have personally started and owned four other successful businesses (including a national Advertising Agency) prior to going into Real Estate. I have been through higher education levels in Real Estate and currently have the following certifications. CBB (Certified Business Brokerage), CCB (Certified Commercial Brokerage), LD (Leadership Development Certified), PHD Certification, MBA Certification, ABR (Accredited Buyers Representative), QSC (Quality Service Certified), CEO Certification, WAR Certification, EH (Elegant Homes Certification), NHU (New Homes University Certification), CPHB (Certified Professional Home Builder Certification).

Specialties
· 2007 # 1 Multi-Million Dollar Top Producer for Metro Brokers GMAC MTBR08
· Winner: 2004 Realtor of the Year by Cobb Association of Realtors
· Chairman Legislative Government 2005 & RPAC Trustee 2005 Cobb Assn. of Realtors
· Board of Directors Cobb Assn. of Realtors 2005-2006, Elegant Homes Certified
· Grievance Board Ga. Assn. of Realtors, (Ga. Assn. of Realtors), PREMIER SERVICE certified
· Past CEO & President, 2 Multi-Million Dollar Companies (Advertising Agency & Travel Agency)
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

JL Junior:
~Pink Snowman
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Happy Fathers' Day to my fellow Jacurutans who have had the experience of the joys and trials of raising children. :romance-lovestory: :angelic-little: :sleeping-sleeping: :sleeping-drool: :teasing-binkybaby: :teasing-blah: :occasion-xmas: :character-koolaid: :character-kermit: :character-cookiemonster: :character-count: :character-grover: :puke-right: :puke-left: :animals-bunny: :animals-cat: :animals-dogrun: :animals-dogrun: :character-oscar: :character-spongebobdance:
And to the new fathers. Just wait my friends...it gets interesting.
:violence-captureflagred: :violence-captureflagblue: :cat fight: :angry-cussingargument: :angry-extinguishflame: :angry-nono: :angry-screaming: :angry-soapbox:

Enjoy them while they last for they will be gone before you know it. Blessings to all. :romance-grouphug: :romance-kisscheek:
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

dang, I thought the calendar said "Farmer's Day" ....
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Is that today? Damn, good thing I have people to remind me!
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

I was assaulted in bed again, this time with an iTunes card. Now downloading Battle: Los Angeles, True Grit and season 2 of Justified.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

I got a digital picture frame and proceeded to load pictures of myself on it. I guess that's not what I was supposed to do with it.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

I ended up with two big-ass digital picture frame things - found out you can store a whole shitload
of flash-videos on them - ripped about a hundred Willie Nelson clips from YouTube and put'em on one,
ran an audio line-out to the main stereo system that's got speakers all over the house - put it on shuffle
and let it run, controlling the volume with the remote from the desk here ... got the other one around the
den here somewheres, and hundreds of Janice Joplin clips to put on it ...

@Omph - I sorta enjoyed the first season of Justified - just enough Southern Cliche stirred into Southern Truth
to be interesting to me (altho the setting is Kentucky) ... after cutting the DishTV tho, haven't seen season
Two - any good, or most likely similar to Sons of Anarchy, all the good ideas played out in the first season and
now beating the same dead horses ?

and I haven't read this yet, but the shitmydadsays posted this short story on scribd :
http://www.scribd.com/doc/57840168/Fath ... -June-2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

I got a do-it-yourself oil change!

Not a cheap one, either. Pennzoil and a Wix filter! :dance:

My wife cooked breakfast for the first time in like three years, she's cooking dinner, too. Talapia :drool:

I replaced the gaskets between my a/c hose assembly and compressor on my Caddy. Tightened down a leaky water pump cover and did the oil change, too.

Cool air with no leaks... yet.

Pimpin' ain't easy.

Hopefully I can get the old lady drunk later and talk her into a BJ. :wink:
~Pink Snowman
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SandRider wrote:@Omph - I sorta enjoyed the first season of Justified - just enough Southern Cliche stirred into Southern Truth
to be interesting to me (altho the setting is Kentucky) ... after cutting the DishTV tho, haven't seen season
Two - any good, or most likely similar to Sons of Anarchy, all the good ideas played out in the first season and
now beating the same dead horses ?
Not sure yet. I just got turned onto it a few months ago, so I've only seen the first season. I liked #1 though, and all my co workers said #2 is better. I'll let you know.

Goodnight Golden Path!
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Season 2 is great. Most of the minor characters are fleshed out a bit more and **NOT A SPOILER, TRUST ME** at least one character undergoes a season-long shift from either the good guys to the bad guys or else the bad guys to the good guys. I'm not sayin' which or who.

I'd also recommend Archer to any dad out there with a fresh iTunes gift card. Great stuff.
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Archer is hysterical, but I noticed that on Roku the oher day, so Ill catch up there for free.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

:text-bump:

Happy Fathers' Day guys. Hope you each have a great day filled with mostly quiet relaxing :teasing-tease:

:happy-bouncyshadowgreen:
:music-listening: :music-rockon: :music-singing:
:teasing-neener:
:violence-captureflagblue: