Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

inhuien

Good Riddance.

Post by inhuien »

Margaret Thatcher dies aged 87.
lotek

Re: Good Riddance.

Post by lotek »

A tad too late but hey gotta take what you can.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Fuck... been dreading this day.

Now we have to pay for the funeral :(
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I liked her. :D
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Naïve mind

Post by Naïve mind »

DuneFishUK wrote:Now we have to pay for the funeral :(
It'll be a net win if you charge an admission fee for her grave. I'm sure there's still a large number of people willing to pay to dance on it.
DuneFishUK

Post by DuneFishUK »

Naïve mind wrote:
DuneFishUK wrote:Now we have to pay for the funeral :(
It'll be a net win if you charge an admission fee for her grave. I'm sure there's still a large number of people willing to pay to dance on it.
Can you imagine the stink of piss?

:obscene-moneypiss:

(I love that emoticon)
- http://www.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://dunefont.kullwahad.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

My FB lit up with American conservatives and Monarchists, yes they do exist, crying over her death. There are good reasons the woman is hated by a large percentage of UK residents.

She shat on the working class.

Sold off all the council houses so that working class families can't get decent housing these days and are forced to rent from Slumlords at high prices

Sold off the Utility Companies to Private owners so that now pensioners freeze to death in winter because they can't afford the expensive fuel prices charged by these profit-hungry monstrosity companies.

Stopped free school milk

Poll Tax/Council Tax (making everyone pay a huge chunk of their income to the Local Authority in Tax with no regard as to their ability to pay this)

Decimated our Heavy Industries costing millions of jobs - at the height of her power there were 3 million unemployed!!

Supported Apartheid.

Rob
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

she had dementia for years ... her daughter had to continually remind
her that her husband was dead ... so, there is that:
she died not knowing who the fuck she was or where ...

(just like Ronnie, BTW ... I can't tell you the guilty pleasures
when I read that Nancy had to remove all the mirrors from
the house in the last years, because he did not recognize himself ...)
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

She was awesome...
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Naïve mind

Post by Naïve mind »

DuneFishUK wrote:Can you imagine the stink of piss?

:obscene-moneypiss:
Economic freedom may not be pretty, but it is profitable. And the British government seemingly can't afford to waste money right now, can it?
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Yeah, austerity has worked real good for the UK, it's not economic freedom when you blatantly game the system.

Rob
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Robspierre wrote:My FB lit up with American conservatives and Monarchists, yes they do exist, crying over her death. There are good reasons the woman is hated by a large percentage of UK residents.

Sold off all the council houses so that working class families can't get decent housing these days and are forced to rent from Slumlords at high prices

Sold off the Utility Companies to Private owners so that now pensioners freeze to death in winter because they can't afford the expensive fuel prices charged by these profit-hungry monstrosity companies.

Stopped free school milk

Poll Tax/Council Tax (making everyone pay a huge chunk of their income to the Local Authority in Tax with no regard as to their ability to pay this)

Decimated our Heavy Industries costing millions of jobs - at the height of her power there were 3 million unemployed!!

Supported Apartheid.

Rob
She also broke the Act of Union by introducing the Poll Tax in Scotland a year before the rest of the UK, not that anyone bothered at the time.

Never paid a penny to it, Cow.
lotek

Post by lotek »

SandRider wrote:she had dementia for years ... her daughter had to continually remind
her that her husband was dead ... so, there is that:
she died not knowing who the fuck she was or where ...

(just like Ronnie, BTW ... I can't tell you the guilty pleasures
when I read that Nancy had to remove all the mirrors from
the house in the last years, because he did not recognize himself ...)
"Lady Thatcher had become increasingly frail in recent years following a series of small strokes in 2001 and 2002.
Her daughter Carol also revealed in 2008 that she had been diagnosed with dementia, which had increasingly affected her memory for the last decade.
[...]
Lady Thatcher published two volumes of memoirs. The first, The Downing Street Years (1993), covered her time as Prime Minister, while the second volume, The Path to Power (1995), concerned her early life. She also published a magisterial volume on international affairs, Statecraft (2002)."
The third one was to be called
"Who the fuck is THAT ? And what fucking year is it anyway?"
Mr. Teg

Post by Mr. Teg »

Freakzilla wrote:She was awesome...
Ditto.
CHOAM
Combine Herbert Ober Anderson Mercantile, Narf!
Brian, Kevin & Byron :? :cylon101: :roll: The HLP
ULFsurfer

Post by ULFsurfer »

As a last "fuck you" to the less well-off in British society, her funeral cost at least £10 million to taxpayers. Yeah, that really sticks to her philosophy..
lotek

Post by lotek »

Do as I say not as I do.

What a cunt.
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Robspierre wrote:My FB lit up with American conservatives and Monarchists, yes they do exist, crying over her death. There are good reasons the woman is hated by a large percentage of UK residents.

Stopped free school milk

Supported Apartheid.

Rob
I never heard the support of Apartheid part. I mainly read of some of her negative qualities from Roger Waters and Peter Shaffer (Amadeus). Oh, and Gerald Scarfe's cartoons of her are vicious and awesome.I Knew she had a reputation for being imperious and condescending, that some questioned her actions in the Falklands, and that she tended to not do well with the lower classes. That's all I've read and heard, but I don't know enough about her life to make a full assessment of her. It is rather eerie that she should have memory problems like Reagan.

Meanwhile, I just checked about the Apartheid part. This article claims that it was otherwise.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... theid.html
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
Naïve mind

Post by Naïve mind »

And for those who've always seen her as the Mother Teresa of the free market, remember that the overall tax burden in the UK went up under her rule.

So, perhaps she is a lot like Mother Teresa after all.