Praise for Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Re: Praise for Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Ampoliros wrote:
D Pope wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
D Pope wrote:I think Byron would be good as a reality show.
:doh:
Yeah, it would just be him eating cereal in his robe and then going to the bank to cash a check. Every month or so he would check his forum to make sure that none of us came back.
That and his self righteous indignation when haters ask him about the mysterious pre-scattering that took place during Leto IIs reign.
... or the happy trips to his monthly author support group.

please don't say "mysterious pre-scattering". Now we can expect another Interquel trilogy...

Winds of Dune.
Throne of Dune.
Scat of Dune.
Or Concubines of Dune, The Untold Sex Lives of Dune, Celibate Life of Dune (about Leto II, and would involve his countless thousands of years without sex), Plumbing of Dune, and Trillions and Trillions of Silica Particles of Dune (which is just a thousand paged and unedited book about sand).
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

lotek wrote:I'm not sure I understand his answer.

That's a good start, isn't it ?
It's a perfect answer, which as it already has the word Scat in it leaves me with nothing to do but remind my self that his proposed fountain of shite occurred after GEoD.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Let's praise Bobo and TehKJA some more. A sneek preview of the first chapter of their upcoming Hellhole atrocity:

"Jordan let out a boisterous laugh that carried more velocity than his frame seemed capable of delivering.

Who was it again with the physics diploma?
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Serkanner wrote:Let's praise Bobo and TehKJA some more. A sneek preview of the first chapter of their upcoming Hellhole atrocity:

"Jordan let out a boisterous laugh that carried more velocity than his frame seemed capable of delivering.

Who was it again with the physics diploma?
I'm just wondering why the speed of sound would be different for people of different sizes. Maybe he explains that later.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Nekhrun wrote:I'm just wondering why the speed of sound would be different for people of different sizes. Maybe he explains that later.
:lol:

Gods he's a right cunt, what? :doh:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Figure this should go here instead of starting a new thread, but here's a positive "review" of The Butlerian Jihad by KJA/BH:

http://comicattack.net/2013/03/ots-dune-butlerianjihad/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was posted yesterday, and... It's got an empty comments section.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
lotek

Post by lotek »

Not if I can help it :)
some weirdo said wrote: One of the creepiest scenes of the book is when Vorian ceremoniously cleans his father’s brain canister. It’s equal parts erotic, reverent and just plain weird. It’s bizarre to think, too, that Paul Atreides and his father Leto come from the same stock as Agamemnon.
Wtf ?

Whatever this guy has to say I'm grossed out already.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
lotek

Post by lotek »

"The book makes the immense Dune universe feel small — readers familiar with the first three Frank Herbert novels may find many correlations with characters and themes in Jihad that often tiptoe along the line of being too conveniently connected."

1) The first three ? Saying this kind of implies these abominations are part of Dune, which is wrong on too many levels to explain to someone who thinks cleaning the brain bits of your dad can be erotic;
2) Frank tiptoed indeed, KJA just tramps all over that delicate construction, like a bull in a china shop (and a real bull, not the ultramegasupeawesome four(or is it eight?)horned piss contest idiocy.
awaiting moderation.
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

I really feel like crashing that thread, but then again, i'd rather it sit there empty. How many people at current give a shit about KJA's nu-dune?

While I read the review it reminded me of a sensation I had while reading The Buttleerian Jerk-off. I had been surprised that I was actually "liking" some parts, or at least that they had managed to peak my interest. Reading this review I realized that what had happened is that I had actually been re-writting the book in my head and adding relevant details, playing it like a movie. I liked that and enjoyed it, but it wasn't what had been created by the author and not even in a sort of 'fill in the rest for yourself' kind of way.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
lotek

Post by lotek »

I was gonna ignore it but damn it I got riled up again.