Whisky!(No bloody E!)

Moderators: Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ, Omphalos

Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: Whisky!(No bloody E!)

Post by Omphalos »

I've never Had that one on the right. How is she?

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

Very rich and smooth. The three woods are American Bourban oak, Oloroso and Pedro Ximenez Sherry casks. My palette tastes butterscotch and dark fruit. And it is a steal, I get it for $60 a bottle.

Rob
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

I've never bothered too much with alcohol, but at a party recently someone gave me some Jack Daniel's Honey. It was delicious. About a week later I ended up buying a bottle for myself.

This could be the start of a new and wonderful relationship...
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

SadisticCynic wrote:I've never bothered too much with alcohol, but at a party recently someone gave me some Jack Daniel's Honey. It was delicious. About a week later I ended up buying a bottle for myself.

Yeah. Be careful with that.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

I tried the Wild Turkey honey bourbon stuff with a friend a while back, I barfed. That doesn't usually happen.

:puke:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I've noticed that my beloved Glen Morangie has changed their labels from "Hand crafted by the
sixteen men of Tain" to "Perfected by" those same fellows. Does anyone know why?
Google hasn't helped. Methinks there may be automation involved or maybe they've decided to
hire more workers... Any idea?
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
lotek

Post by lotek »

Maybe that after a few too many, the term hand crafted didn't sound as cool as it should ?
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

D Pope wrote:I've noticed that my beloved Glen Morangie has changed their labels from "Hand crafted by the
sixteen men of Tain" to "Perfected by" those same fellows. Does anyone know why?
Google hasn't helped. Methinks there may be automation involved or maybe they've decided to
hire more workers... Any idea?
They are probably buying raw spirits on the market now and finishing it in their own barrels. The market for that in Scotland has grown by leaps and bounds over the last twenty or so years. Most of the large producers do that because they just cant make enough on their own. What they do is reserve a pretty large quantity of any year's production to mix and blend with whatever they make with spirit bought on the open market. That way its still a single malt because its all from the same source, but they get a consisent product from year to y ear.

Actually, I think it has to be distilled at the same place in order to qualify as single malt, so perhaps they buy wort or wash on the market, then finish it from there.

It's all pretty confusing they way they do it these days. It's become a gigungous business and they have developed quite a few shortcuts to stay competitive.

Freakzilla wrote:I tried the Wild Turkey honey bourbon stuff with a friend a while back, I barfed. That doesn't usually happen.

:puke:
Anything with high sugar content (especially if it's fortified with the shit after distilling) makes me gag. Drinking lots of it would certainly make me barf too.

Goodnight Golden Path!
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

Omphalos wrote:
SadisticCynic wrote:I've never bothered too much with alcohol, but at a party recently someone gave me some Jack Daniel's Honey. It was delicious. About a week later I ended up buying a bottle for myself.

Yeah. Be careful with that.
:lol: I don't think it'll get quite that bad.

(But I'll be careful.)
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
Sandwurm88
Not Soleman

Post by Sandwurm88 »

Drambuie is gross.