Re: Everybody Hates Keith

Post by SandRider »

one cookie now,
another if this is reposted in the Basement Archive
under one of the interviews (if there is one) where
he claims to have "won" this award ... two cookies
and one of Freak's Hash Brownies if an interview with
him claiming to have "won" this award that is not
already in the Basement Archive is dug-up and posted ...

:cookie sm:
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

That was D Pope what did that excellent research, not Sev. Just to make sure the cookie gets to it's rightful recipient.

Edited to add: well shoot. Sorry Sev; good research on your part too. didn't mean to deprive you of your cookie. :oops:

Reading the whole thread is fundamental.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
Sev

Post by Sev »

:? So who gets the cookie?
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

stand by - decision being made ...

ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
TheDukester

Post by TheDukester »

Kookie kontroversy!
"Anything I write will be remembered and listed in bibliographies on Dune for several hundred years ..." — some delusional halfwit troll.
Hunchback Jack

Post by Hunchback Jack »

It should be Sev, I think. That was everyone's consensus until I put my foot in it.

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Agreed, Sev did a much more interesting job.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
Sev

Post by Sev »

Glad that one's sorted :?

Onto other Keith matters, he's just twatted about his '25 years of the Writers of the Future' book winning its category in the 2011 International Book Awards, and will no doubt be bragging about IT for years to come, adding it to his bio.

What are the International Book Awards I hear you ask, because I'd certainly never heard of them before, either. We've all heard of vanity presses, well these appear to be vanity awards. Organized by a company called JPX Media Group in Los Angeles, there were 117 categories this year :crazy: and Keith's book won the 'Gift & Speciality Books' category. :lol:

For a dead guy, the late L. Ron Hubbard did quite well, getting nominations in the Fantasy/Sci-Fi, Mystery/Suspense, Short Story Fiction, Thriller/Adventure, and 3 out of the 4 Western nominations including the winner.

There's a damning piece at http://www.salon.com/books/feature/2009 ... ook_awards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; by journalist Laura Miller, in which it is revealed that these are bogus awards that can be bought for, where every book that enters, read 'gives them the money, gets an automatic nomination.

Bloody sad really, but what do you expect from the world's biggest hack.

BOGUS AWARD
Freakzilla - "Apparently we can only aspire to be the 13th biggest Dune fan since we are not family or in the HLP."

Byron - "Are you trying to irk me?"
Ampoliros

Post by Ampoliros »

Not surprising, since "Writers of the Future" should be read "Scientology wants to control Sci-Fi".
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
SandRider
Watermaster

Post by SandRider »

thank you, Sev: I am now throwing this @Keith & the Anderclones in the Amazon Basement
in "discussion" on the forth-coming Kindle-bio of the Masturbater of Universes .....

http://www.amazon.com/What-I-know-about ... gital-text" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

all yours:
:cookie sm:
ImageImage

SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

:shock:

Oh. Gawd. ... Gotta. Go. Tweet. This:

"KEVIN J. ANDERSON, MASTURBATOR OF UNIVERSES! (And you thought he was milking those franchises!)"

:laughing-rolling:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
SadisticCynic

Post by SadisticCynic »

:shock: :lol:

Go forth and tweet! :)
Ah English, the language where pretty much any word can have any meaning! - A Thing of Eternity
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

How embarrassing for Mr. Anderson. Could he have known? Maybe he won the award fair and square.
I bring nothing to the table.
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

I think he's trying to overcome the square image though with all the references to Rush and PrawgRawk and the other ULTRA-KEWL-DOOOOD music he listens to.

:laughing-rolling:
"Let the dead give water to the dead. As for me, it's NO MORE FUCKING TEARS!"
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

look stop beatin' on da RUSH, k'. for most of the last 25 years they were merely uncool. :lol:
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Rush is awesome, the only thing wrong with Rush is that KJA likes them and made friends with Pert. Awesome I say, anything else is fightin words. :wink:
Robspierre

Post by Robspierre »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Rush is awesome, the only thing wrong with Rush is that KJA likes them and made friends with Pert. Awesome I say, anything else is fightin words. :wink:

I've been of the thought that if you took away half of Pert's drums, he actually could show off just how good he really is :twisted:

Rob
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Robspierre wrote:
A Thing of Eternity wrote:Rush is awesome, the only thing wrong with Rush is that KJA likes them and made friends with Pert. Awesome I say, anything else is fightin words. :wink:

I've been of the thought that if you took away half of Pert's drums, he actually could show off just how good he really is :twisted:

Rob
I don't think half would do it, take away more like 3/4 to 15/16ths and then he would rock. :) I think his drum soloing is pretty boring, and his fills do tend to be a little predictable, but what I love about him is just his beats, totally stunning and he always does what's right for the part.
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

I mentioned this the other day but it's still bugging me.
Offal Dune posted the doctored cover of sister-hood(s) of Dune (makes me think of a cross dressing Robin and his very merry men) that included a starred review from Library Journal.
An important addition to the Dune chonology and will be in demand by Herbert fans.
-Library Journal, starred review on The Winds of Dune
That littlel snippet is offencive enough but why, I wondered, is it for winds?
Barbara Hoffert wrote:Herbert, Brian & Kevin J.Anderson. Sisterhood of Dune. Tor. Jan. 2011. 448p. ISBN 9780765322739. $27.99. SF
More Dune books! A new Dune trilogy! And this one goes back to the beginning of the Dune universe to explain the origins of the Bene Gesserit, the Mentats, the Navigators, and the Suk Doctors. Obviously, there will be demand.

http://blog.libraryjournal.com/prepubal ... pe-lively/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I guess even the 'not going to say something nice, say nothing' people are having a difficult time.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
JimmytheT

Post by JimmytheT »

Forgive my ignorance, as I am still very new to this community but, can someone quickly explain why Kevin Anderson has this "Keith" nickname?
Your life story would not make a good book. Don't even try.
-Fran Lebowitz
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

This is Wayback Machine stuff my friend. There used to be a nut over on DN who was totally into His own personal Martian conspiracies and persecution fantasies. He tried to get us all to join some effort to rename Martian landscape features after features from Arakkis. He was a total Preek but could not keep KJAs name right in his crazy mixed up head, and called him Keith all the time. I guess Martian Bob was so nuts that moniker just worked its way into the pantheon of derogatory names we have for The Hack. Kind of a double-whammy for Hack and Bob.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

JimmytheT wrote:Forgive my ignorance, as I am still very new to this community but, can someone quickly explain why Kevin Anderson has this "Keith" nickname?
That's old news. Now we call him Steve.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
lotek

Star Wars KJhAters from 2010

Post by lotek »

My favourites :

Re: Let's list the ways Kevin J Anderson Ruined Star Wars

- Wasn´t he the "everyone should get married to each other!" guy?
- Darksaber was a plot idea that was impossible to make boring, and which was somehow made boring.

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?527 ... -Star-Wars" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
lotek

Re: Star Wars KJhAters from 2010

Post by lotek »

they talk of Sadworms/

http://awesomescreenshot.com/053lh3y2c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Ampoliros

Re: Star Wars KJhAters from 2010

Post by Ampoliros »

"I would love to see the Dune equivelent of this thread."
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus