Oh hello!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Cpt. Aramsham

Oh hello!

Post by Cpt. Aramsham »

So, right... new member here.

Well, new... I've been knocking around Dune fandom online since the mid-nineties, though I gradually drifted out of it over the last ten years or so. Back in the day, alt.fan.dune was the main place for knowledgeable, deep and incredibly time-consuming Dune discussion, but it seems like that's pretty much dead now. With the Old Dune Imperium Scattered across the known internet universe, fragmenting its wisdom into uncountable pearls of awareness, this seems like the closest thing to a community keeping the old ways alive (though I'm not yet sure whether you're Bene Gesserit or Honored Matres in this metaphor).

To establish my credentials: I've read Dune probably a dozen times, and been through the other books two, three, four times. I know the Frank Herbert canon well. I've also seen the movie and the two miniseries, played the computer games, listened to the music, read many of Herbert's essays and interviews, some parts of the Dune Encyclopedia, etc. And since this is apparently a test of initiation among the Cast Out: No, I didn't like the Brian Herbert/Kevin J. Anderson books. When the first ones came out I was pretty mad about it, and at the writers, but then I decided to just ignore them. I got over it, and don't see any point harping on about them.

So, hi to you all. I hope to have some interesting chat and debate about things called Dune that are worth talking about.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Re: Oh hello!

Post by Omphalos »

Welcome aboard, Cap'n!

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
Naïve mind