Scytale - Face Dancer to Master

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

muddism

Re: Scytale - Face Dancer to Master

Post by muddism »

The face dancer Scytale in DM could have been a mimic of the Master Scytale.
Religion (emulation of adults by children) encysts past mythologies: guesses, hidden assumptions of trust in the universe, pronouncements made in search of personal power, all mingled with shreds of enlightenment. And always an unspoken commandment: Thou shall not question! We break that commandment daily in the harnessing of human imagination to our deepest creativity.

War is behavior with roots in the single cell of the primeval seas. Eat whatever you touch or it will eat you.
A Thing of Eternity

Post by A Thing of Eternity »

Later on it's pretty clear that the master Scytale is the same person who met Paul. I don't think we'll ever have a clear answer on what exactly happpened to turn him from Face Dancer to "Master", but FH had something in mind I'm sure.
inhuien

Post by inhuien »

Their long term goal for the ghola project was a single uninterrupted thread of memories and knowledge, perhaps Scytale's memories mark it as worthy of elevation to individuality.
hannabaal

Post by hannabaal »

A Thing of Eternity wrote:Later on it's pretty clear that the master Scytale is the same person who met Paul. I don't think we'll ever have a clear answer on what exactly happpened to turn him from Face Dancer to "Master", but FH had something in mind I'm sure.

if he did, he sure was cryptic about it. but it seems unlikely that he would make a mistake such as this.
Laws to suppress tend to strengthen what they would prohibit. This is the fine point on which all the legal professions of history have based their job security.
Bene Gesserit Coda

We got to protect our phony baloney jobs, gentlemen!
Mel Brooks as the governor in Blazing Saddles