Take the iSideWith Quiz!

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Hunchback Jack

Re: Take the iSideWith Quiz!

Post by Hunchback Jack »

HBJ
"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
- Carl Sagan

I'm still very proud of The Quarry but … let's face it; in the end the real best way to sign off would have been with a great big rollicking Culture novel.
- Iain Banks
ULFsurfer

Post by ULFsurfer »

Very green and libertarian forum here.
lotek

Post by lotek »

I gave it a go even though I'm not a US citizen I was curious.
Anyway...

I don't know who Jill Stein is.. (yet)
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Nebiros wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:She was just arrested yesterday:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/08 ... html?hp=f3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Third parties in US presidential elections are always a fun footnote in history.
All part of "First Past the Post" voting systems.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Nebiros

Post by Nebiros »

Apjak wrote:
Nebiros wrote:
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/08 ... html?hp=f3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Third parties in US presidential elections are always a fun footnote in history.
The US does not have a 'first-past-the-post' system. It has a system with complex rules that only allow two parties to cross the threshold of electoral success and forces all voters of all political persuasions to vote for party A or party B. Not very democratic in my view.

Canada and the UK use first-past-the-post and they have more than just party A and party B.

See my Youtube Channel for further details. (sorry couldn't resist promoting my channel when people start talking about voting systems)
Apjak

Post by Apjak »

Nebiros wrote:
Apjak wrote:
Nebiros wrote:
The US does not have a 'first-past-the-post' system. It has a system with complex rules that only allow two parties to cross the threshold of electoral success and forces all voters of all political persuasions to vote for party A or party B. Not very democratic in my view.

Canada and the UK use first-past-the-post and they have more than just party A and party B.

See my Youtube Channel for further details. (sorry couldn't resist promoting my channel when people start talking about voting systems)
Uggg..... Yes we do. In fact ours is a little purer than the parliamentary systems. Which is why we are more afraid of spoiler effect voting, and why we have such a strong two party system. If 34% of voters woke up on election day in any state (excluding Maine and Nebraska which split their electoral votes) and voted for a specific third party candidate. That candidate would take all the electoral votes for that state. The only more complicated rules I can think of to give you the benefit of the doubt would be districting. See also: Gerrymandering.
I don't think the author should make the reader do that much work - Kevin J. Anderson
We think we've updated 'Dune' for a modern readership without dumbing it down.- Brian Herbert
There’s an unwritten compact between you and the reader. If someone enters a bookstore and sets down hard earned money(energy) for your book, you owe that person some entertainment and as much more as you can give. - Frank Herbert
Outis

Post by Outis »

Lundse wrote:Another non-American for Jill Stein (no idea who she is).
And yet another one (92%).
But I'm not a big fan of the Greens. The questions are inane. They claim I side 85% with Obama whom I loathe. I guess what I have in common with the guy is that I'm not some kind of nutter.
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

Outis wrote:
Lundse wrote:Another non-American for Jill Stein (no idea who she is).
And yet another one (92%).
But I'm not a big fan of the Greens. The questions are inane. They claim I side 85% with Obama whom I loathe. I guess what I have in common with the guy is that I'm not some kind of nutter.
That's debatable. :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Jodorowsky's Acolyte

Post by Jodorowsky's Acolyte »

Geez. What is it about Obama that pisses off the Cast-Out? Most of the stuff against him is based off of really lame and rather crazy rhetoric.

"Rhetoric. Always more rhetoric." -DEUS EX
'...all those who took part in the rise and fall of the Dune project learned how to fall one and one thousand times with savage obstinacy until learning how to stand. I remember my old father who, while dying happy, said to me: "My son, in my life, I triumphed because I learned how to fail."' -Alejandro Jodorowsky
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Jodorowsky's Acolyte wrote:Geez. What is it about Obama that pisses off the Cast-Out? Most of the stuff against him is based off of really lame and rather crazy rhetoric.

"Rhetoric. Always more rhetoric." -DEUS EX
Nothing. He's great.

The New & Improved Book Review Blog

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Jodorowsky's Acolyte wrote:Geez. What is it about Obama that pisses off the Cast-Out? Most of the stuff against him is based off of really lame and rather crazy rhetoric.
The only thing I'm pissed at him for is that he negotiates from the middle. He's too damn reasonable with people who are only out to stab him in the back. He's a great Republican president.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

Nekhrun wrote:
The only thing I'm pissed at him for is that he negotiates from the middle. He's too damn reasonable with people who are only out to stab him in the back. He's a great Republican president.
That's the best way to retain credibility. Which is important.

Honestly this year we need a No Fucking Republicans, At All campaign. Try to shock all those dumbasses who vote for a republican congressperson just because they voted for a democrat for president out of their stupor.

Goodnight Golden Path!
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:

Honestly this year we need a No Fucking Republicans, At All campaign. Try to shock all those dumbasses who vote for a republican congressperson just because they voted for a democrat for president out of their stupor.
I'm all for that.

Actually, if Harry Reid had been stronger he could've changed the filibuster rules in the Senate and pushed through everything the House passed when Nancy Pelosi was running the show. Then we wouldn't even be having this conversation, things would be infinitely better than they are now and billionaires would still be making boat-loads of money.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Nekhrun wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:

I'm all for that.

Actually, if Harry Reid had been stronger he could've changed the filibuster rules in the Senate and pushed through everything the House passed when Nancy Pelosi was running the show. Then we wouldn't even be having this conversation, things would be infinitely better than they are now and billionaires would still be making boat-loads of money.
They could have pushed ANYTHING through, but they couldn't even agree among their own party... except health care.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Freakzilla wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Nekhrun wrote:

I'm all for that.

They could have pushed ANYTHING through, but they couldn't even agree among their own party... except health care.
They would've had to have changed the rules of the Senate first because of the Republican filibuster. They would've had about 5-6 months of their own agenda had they really pushed for it. They're just too weak. They're worried that the Republicans would do it to them if given the chance. The sad reality is that the Republicans don't have to because the Democrats never stand their ground to the bitter end. They always cave and it's damn frustrating to watch.

Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

I got 96% side with someone called Jill stein. Never heard of her, and it looks like she's never heard of clairol.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

chanilover wrote:I got 96% side with someone called Jill stein. Never heard of her, and it looks like she's never heard of clairol.
Hey, I think all grey is better than fake color. I'd do her.

Where the hell have you been, BTW?
~Pink Snowman
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Lol. Just been busy with work and miscellaneous shit and a lot of my free time being spent polishing up my Spanish for work.
"You and your buddies and that b*tch Mandy are nothing but a gang of lying, socially maladjusted losers." - St Hypatia of Arrakeen.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

chanilover wrote:Lol. Just been busy with work and miscellaneous shit and a lot of my free time being spent polishing up my Spanish for work.
Hey CL. Spanish?

Goodnight Golden Path!
chanilover

Post by chanilover »

Omphalos wrote:
chanilover wrote:Lol. Just been busy with work and miscellaneous shit and a lot of my free time being spent polishing up my Spanish for work.
Hey CL. Spanish?
si senor omfalo. it's really come together.
Omphalos
Inglorious Bastard

Post by Omphalos »

chanilover wrote:
Omphalos wrote:
Hey CL. Spanish?
si senor omfalo. it's really come together.
Youre not doing legal work in Spanish, are you? My company has to deal with that frequently and its a total pain in the rear.

and why does "omfalo" sound like a sex act to me?

Goodnight Golden Path!
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

surprised me! :doh:

Obama - 72% on domestic policy, foreign policy, economic, and healthcare issues.
Romney - 69% on domestic policy, science, and social issues.
Stein - 57% on foreign policy, environmental, and healthcare issues.
Johnson - 56% on foreign policy and immigration issues.
Anderson - 21% on economic and healthcare issues.
Goode - 10% on no major issues.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.