Hello

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

publicano

Hello

Post by publicano »

Found this forum while searching for a complete Character List for the Dune of Messiah book.
Didn't found it here, but hey, this forum is pretty good.

As for my knowledge of Dune, I've read till Emperor of Dune and didn't finished it, and seen the classic 80' movie and the two Sci-Fi Channel series.
"The hearts of all men dwell in the same wilderness."
-- Tibana, Socratic Christianity apologist
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Re: Hello

Post by Freakzilla »

:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomeconfetti:
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Um, pretty good? You're not going to find a better one... and it's in English, too! :P
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
lotek

Post by lotek »

Welcome twice welcome.
Here be answers.
Spice is the worm's gonads.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

Welcome Home!

You are due for a full re-read of ALL the books (6).
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
publicano

Post by publicano »

That (6) confirmes my assumption that this forum is mostly anti-Brian Hebert novels? :mrgreen:

Not that I care too much about BH, although I am somewhat curious about his novels, maybe cuz I really love the concept of prequel.

Well, I'd already re-read DUNE last year, and a "Mafia" game based on Dune Messiah prompted me to pick exactly that book for re-reading.
Mostly I was afraid of forgetting pieces of lore if I just restarted at Emperor of Dune, so re-reading is more prudent.

Also... the reason I dropped ED is that I felt the book somewhat boring, compared to the their precedent three.

ps. I'm not a native english speaker, I'm brazilian, to explain any strangeness in my writing style.
"The hearts of all men dwell in the same wilderness."
-- Tibana, Socratic Christianity apologist
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

publicano wrote:That (6) confirmes my assumption that this forum is mostly anti-Brian Hebert novels? :mrgreen:
That's an understatement, and it would likely be more accurate to call them KJA 'novels', Brian is just a Herbert name for the cover.
Not that I care too much about BH, although I am somewhat curious about his novels, maybe cuz I really love the concept of prequel.

Well, I'd already re-read DUNE last year, and a "Mafia" game based on Dune Messiah prompted me to pick exactly that book for re-reading.
Mostly I was afraid of forgetting pieces of lore if I just restarted at Emperor of Dune, so re-reading is more prudent.

Also... the reason I dropped ED is that I felt the book somewhat boring, compared to the their precedent three.
BTW, it's GOD Emperor of Dune. Many people don't like it the first time but it ends up to be a favorite.
ps. I'm not a native english speaker, I'm brazilian, to explain any strangeness in my writing style.
How many is a brazilion? Just kidding, I actually heard a blonde girl say that once.
~Pink Snowman