Inside the Genius, 14evin

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

Ampoliros

Re: Inside the Genius, 14evin

Post by Ampoliros »

Well we are talking about a 'writer' with an imagination so ultra, that he doesn't steal from the greats for his own work, he just literally sneaks his way into their IP and starts from there. Its not plagiarism if he has the contract.
Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

kevie throws down the gauntlet.
2001, 14evin wrote:I am currently editing the first volume in a "completely original" science fiction epic, The Saga of Seven
Suns, while simultaneously polishing the first volume in a new Dune prequel trilogy with Brian Herbert,
The Butlerian Jihad. I leave it to the readers of this interview to compare those two works and see if they
can discern any noticeable difference in quality.

http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/nonfiction/intkja.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I just had to add this.
Last edited by D Pope on 18 Mar 2012 22:57, edited 2 times in total.
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
D Pope

Post by D Pope »

Ampoliros wrote:Yeah well with his understanding of space travel I think he squeaked by with a bunch of c's.

Faster than light rockets and railways in space? Radio signals crossing an entire galaxy, let alone a universe in 10,000 years? I don't have a BA in astrophysics, and I know that doesn't work.

<Later...>

Wait, I missed this...

Not only do solar sails not function in an atmosphere, they would be counterproductive.
14evin wrote:I have degrees in physics and astronomy and spent over ten
years writing technical papers and presentations for a research laboratory, so I would have to say that
scientific accuracy (or at least "likelihood") is important to me.
http://www.infinityplus.co.uk/nonfiction/intkja.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leto II is gone for good, except for OM. The "pearl" was just that; a miniscule portion of what Leto was, and not a compressed version of the whole. The pearl that the worms have do not make them Leto, or in any way similar to him.
-Omphalos
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

14evin wrote: I leave it to the readers of this interview to compare those two works and see if they
can discern any noticeable difference in quality.
Oh, that's a good one... McDune was enough for me.
I bring nothing to the table.
lotek

Post by lotek »

I like the "at least likelihood" precision...
Even him can't say it straight.
Spice is the worm's gonads.