I'm Not Onasander

Moderators: Omphalos, Freakzilla, ᴶᵛᵀᴬ

SandRider
Watermaster

Re: I'm Not Onasander

Post by SandRider »

I'm sure that's played a role somewhere ...

are irrational outbursts of rage & delusions of grandeur
symptoms of meth addiction ?
................ I exist only to amuse myself ................
ImageImage

I personally feel that this message board, Jacurutu, is full of hateful folks who don't know
how to fully interact with people.
~ "Spice Grandson" (Bryon Merrit) 08 June 2008
Freakzilla
Lead Singer and Driver of the Winnebego

Post by Freakzilla »

...or alcohol.
Paul of Dune was so bad it gave me a seizure that dislocated both of my shoulders and prolapsed my anus.
~Pink Snowman
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Why do people hate the Jews?
I bring nothing to the table.
Serkanner
Administrator

Post by Serkanner »

JustSomeGuy wrote:Why do people hate the Jews?
Because some people are hideous bastards. I mean the ones that hate Jewish people.
"... the mystery of life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience."

“There is no escape—we pay for the violence of our ancestors.”

Sandrider: "Keith went to Bobo's for a weekend of drinking, watched some DVDs,
and wrote a Dune Novel."
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

Freakzilla wrote:What was he thrown out of the military for?
Bedwetting.
Christian prejudice.

(Read something recently that very convincingly tied Hitler's obsession and Nazi persecution of the Jews with Martin Luther's writings. In effect, the Holocaust was the culmination of nearly two millennia of Christian hate. I can cite the essay & book if anyone's interested.)
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

SandChigger wrote:
Freakzilla wrote:What was he thrown out of the military for?
Bedwetting.
Christian prejudice.

(Read something recently that very convincingly tied Hitler's obsession and Nazi persecution of the Jews with Martin Luther's writings. In effect, the Holocaust was the culmination of nearly two millennia of Christian hate. I can cite the essay & book if anyone's interested.)
Don't think it's just misguided christian hatred because there were people who were against the Jewish people long before Jesus was ever born.

Prejudice is illogical and has no place in today's society. And those who claim to be Christians who are against the Jews need to remember that Jesus is a Jew and the Jewish people are still God's chosen people so when we show hatred we are going against God's word.
What fear is there in the night?
Nothing, but that which is in our own imaginations.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Eyes High wrote:Don't think it's just misguided christian hatred because there were people who were against the Jewish people long before Jesus was ever born.
Is there any record of this that isn't from a Jewish source? In their own stories, pre-Christianity they were a pretty brutal people who wiped out their enemies.

Is there even a non-Jewish source that proves they were even slaves in Egypt?

All I know about their history is from the Old Testament, and I don't buy any of that without a secondary source since my conversion.

Edit: my point in asking those questions is that if there is no other evidence for those claims than hatred of the Jews almost certainly stems from Christian tradition. Well, that and how the Israelis treat the Palestinians now and how they assassinate private citizens in other countries.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Nekhrun wrote:
Eyes High wrote:Don't think it's just misguided christian hatred because there were people who were against the Jewish people long before Jesus was ever born.
Is there any record of this that isn't from a Jewish source? In their own stories, pre-Christianity they were a pretty brutal people who wiped out their enemies.

Is there even a non-Jewish source that proves they were even slaves in Egypt?

All I know about their history is from the Old Testament, and I don't buy any of that without a secondary source since my conversion.

Edit: my point in asking those questions is that if there is no other evidence for those claims than hatred of the Jews almost certainly stems from Christian tradition. Well, that and how the Israelis treat the Palestinians now and how they assassinate private citizens in other countries.
I honestly do not know, but let's think of it this way... those who are doing the oppressing rarely write about the incidents where they are the oppressors. All throwout history, man has wanted to present himself in the best light possible.

There was a LOT of wrong done by the early church but they made it out that they were doing the "work of God" and didn't want to admit they were just acting out on their own personal hatreds. So it would only be from those wronged that we would find out about the wrongs-- in a majority of the cases.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

Wow. I liked that.
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

:drool:
JustSomeGuy

Post by JustSomeGuy »

That was just me drooling. I didn't mean anything by it.
Nekhrun
Icelandic Wiener

Post by Nekhrun »

Eyes High wrote:There was a LOT of wrong done by the early church but they made it out that they were doing the "work of God" and didn't want to admit they were just acting out on their own personal hatreds.
The current church only exists because of the early church. It's all built upon sickness and prejudice.
"If he was here to discuss Dune, he sure as hell picked a dumb way to do it." -Omphalos :character-cookiemonster:

Happy Memorial Day everyone! -James C. Harwood

"Three of my videos have over 100 views."
"Over 500 views for my 'Open Question' video." -Nebiros
Eyes High
Patience Personified

Post by Eyes High »

Nekhrun wrote:
Eyes High wrote:There was a LOT of wrong done by the early church but they made it out that they were doing the "work of God" and didn't want to admit they were just acting out on their own personal hatreds.
The current church only exists because of the early church. It's all built upon sickness and prejudice.
Which is why I choose love. :romance-kisscheek:
SandChigger
KJASF Ground Zero

Post by SandChigger »

It's the victors and the whiners who write history books. Everyone else is too busy just getting on with it. :roll:

Here's some extract from a fun little screed by Luther. The essay I mentioned earlier draws a comparison between Luther's seven suggestions at the end and what happened in Germany in the 30s & 40s.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jso ... _Jews.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;